Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did Scott Ever Pass Military Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison
    If things go south there will be plenty of rifles for them to pick up if necessary.
    Was your friend's Dad the old Seargent from 'We Were Soldier?'

Comment

I had a thought last night. We've all been assuming that Young's decision not to vent the room to space was due to his unwillingness to kill Telford along with the LA thugs. But what it part of it had to do with TJ's flat-out rejection of that plan?

"If you're looking for forgiveness, I can't give you that."

How much did that possibly affect his decision?
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
        I had a thought last night. We've all been assuming that Young's decision not to vent the room to space was due to his unwillingness to kill Telford along with the LA thugs. But what it part of it had to do with TJ's flat-out rejection of that plan?

"If you're looking for forgiveness, I can't give you that."

How much did that possibly affect his decision?
        Probably none...but what does that have to do with Scott passing his military training?
        sigpic

Comment

Brian,

Originally posted by brian_177 View Post
          Was your friend's Dad the old Seargent from 'We Were Soldier?'
          Nope, He's a Marine Corp Major from West Virginia. He ran an air conditioning company in Beaufort SC after he retired from the Corp. He, in the last ten years retired from doing that, has moved back to West Virgina and started a winery. He doesn't like to sit around. I heard that story back in the early 90s (91-92) while visting my friends family in Beaufort.
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I admit that i did not go through all the pages in reading this post. Having said that, i feel the need to interject on the OP. Are you kidding me? Read the uniform code of military justice..especially the bit about questioning unlawful orders.

People saying "Scott is not good for command and he is not up for it blah blah blah.. " That is a bit much. Scott is a Lieutenant.... this is why we have a rank structure. Colonel Young makes mistakes and so will Lieutenant Scott. The ability to command and be a good officer is not given through ROTC, officer training school, field training, etc. While this training is indeed valuable, experience and how one interprets that experience is what boosts someones ability to command. No LT out there is given a command and is expected to be infallible. OP... how could you not understand this? The character of Scott has shown great examples of leadership on this show and is expected to make mistakes at the same time. This is how LT's are broken in... the bit where Greer tells him that he needs to learn is an excellent example of the LT learning from his enlisted leadership.

Some of you have got some wacky ideas on military leadership... lol.

This is spoken from 7 years in the Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Camasi View Post
              I admit that i did not go through all the pages in reading this post. Having said that, i feel the need to interject on the OP. Are you kidding me? Read the uniform code of military justice..especially the bit about questioning unlawful orders.

People saying "Scott is not good for command and he is not up for it blah blah blah.. " That is a bit much. Scott is a Lieutenant.... this is why we have a rank structure. Colonel Young makes mistakes and so will Lieutenant Scott. The ability to command and be a good officer is not given through ROTC, officer training school, field training, etc. While this training is indeed valuable, experience and how one interprets that experience is what boosts someones ability to command. No LT out there is given a command and is expected to be infallible. OP... how could you not understand this? The character of Scott has shown great examples of leadership on this show and is expected to make mistakes at the same time. This is how LT's are broken in... the bit where Greer tells him that he needs to learn is an excellent example of the LT learning from his enlisted leadership.

Some of you have got some wacky ideas on military leadership
              ... lol.

This is spoken from 7 years in the Air Force.
              Very well said...and I agree
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X