Is Kiva this show's Admiral Cain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    Admiral Cain seems more badass. And every time I see Rhona Mitra I expect her to turn into a vampire at any moment.
    Watch her new series this fall.

Comment

I would say, Kiva is kind of an idiot. Once you kill the first hostage, the logical assumption is that eventually, you will get around to killing them all. So, after that first execution, everyone knows that negotiations are not going anywhere.

I know that writers think they are being all real world and gritty when they kill some hostages, but really, that first hostage dying is the end of negotiations. After that, there is no reason not to breach, there is no reason not to use the snipers. There is literally nothing holding you back after that, because worst case, all the hostages die, but that was going to happen anyway. You are now in a situation where no matter what you do, you literally cannot make it worse, only better or the same.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
        I would say, Kiva is kind of an idiot. Once you kill the first hostage, the logical assumption is that eventually, you will get around to killing them all. So, after that first execution, everyone knows that negotiations are not going anywhere.

I know that writers think they are being all real world and gritty when they kill some hostages, but really, that first hostage dying is the end of negotiations. After that, there is no reason not to breach, there is no reason not to use the snipers. There is literally nothing holding you back after that, because worst case, all the hostages die, but that was going to happen anyway. You are now in a situation where no matter what you do, you literally cannot make it worse, only better or the same.
        and yet real life negotiators have managed to rescue some hostages even after some have been killed. They don't give up and go home just because a hostage gets shot. Can't make it worse? That's a lack of imagination
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I'd be interested to know where you're getting these ideas from. There's seems to be a giant gap in logic between killing one hostage, and the assumption that you're going to kill them all. If you were going to kill them all then you would do, obviously if you only kill one then you're doing it to show how serious you are. I'm fairly certain that negotiations would continue, unless storming the place had a realistic chance of working., ie Iranian embassy.

Comment

Still don't know why Kiva hasn't killed Telford yet. It appears they want to set her up as some sort of sociopath that enjoys bloodletting, she wanted to off 3 hostages just to show people she was serious. She killed that scientist for no reason, just to show Rush she was serious. She has to know Telford cracked and gave up everything, so why hasn't she killed Telford yet?

The situation will probably be resolved by her executing all of her own people, and all the hostages. Then Young will know she is so super serious, and will surrender. She is definitely going to kill at least one person next episode, otherwise, how will anybody know that she is serious? This is the other side of the universe after all; she will have to kill at least 3 hostages, 6 of her own men, and 22 blue aliens to begin to be taken seriously.

Comment

Still don't know why Kiva hasn't killed Telford yet. It appears they want to set her up as some sort of sociopath that enjoys bloodletting, she wanted to off 3 hostages just to show people she was serious. She killed that scientist for no reason, just to show Rush she was serious. She has to know Telford cracked and gave up everything, so why hasn't she killed Telford yet?

The situation will probably be resolved by her executing all of her own people, and all the hostages. Then Young will know she is so super serious, and will surrender. She is definitely going to kill at least one person next episode, otherwise, how will anybody know that she is serious? This is the other side of the universe after all; she will have to kill at least 3 hostages, 6 of her own men, and 22 blue aliens to begin to be taken seriously.
              He knows more about Destiny then the rest of the Alliance
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by timmciglobal View Post
                I can't help but see similarities between Admiral Cain and Keva... is this a "well it worked in BSGU..."?

I can't help but assume the crews will be merged now (unless they just say they kill all of them) but is that the goal? Keva can be the civilian to make the "military general" look rational and a better leader? To let plots be explored that answer the "doing things that need to be done" without having to hurt any of the main cast's morals?

Tim
                Kiva will be SGU's "Cain" in that she will be killed off, likely by someone who is connected to her.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  He knows more about Destiny then the rest of the Alliance
                  The Alliance had the magic door locks, they know a lot Telford doesn't. It seems to me, with the the LA on the ship, Telford's usefulness should be at or near an end.

Comment

The Alliance had the magic door locks, they know a lot Telford doesn't. It seems to me, with the the LA on the ship, Telford's usefulness should be at or near an end.
                    And yet they needed Telford to get a route through the ship.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

i think kiva will most likely die in the future... or she should be used for breeding re-stock.
                      sigpic

Comment

Admiral Cain? Refresh my memory, was she the crazy BSG chick(haha...chick ) on the Pegasus? I really do hope Kiva sticks around for a while....like 10 more episodes?

Comment

if kiva makes plans to kill young then yes
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

That she was Replicator todd.. Crazy as a bat, and murderous as a gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by fmbchris View Post
                              i think kiva will most likely die in the future... or she should be used for breeding re-stock.
                              Oh how I would love to be stuck on the ship..............

Comment

Working...
                              X