Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadows of Things to Come, Part Two (425)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this one will end up more fatal. I don't think Todd betrayed Sheppard to the extent Sivok has. It feels a lot like full circle to me. Sivok is the enemy once again and the Enoly are gone. Was this always planned?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Was this always planned?
      It was actually. We've always known that ultimately Sivok's path would be taking him down a very dark road. So when we originally started Season Four we knew we needed to start setting that up, which is what led to "Eden". And the Ingrali reveal and them taking over the Ascendant Empire has also been planned for a while.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        I think this one will end up more fatal. I don't think Todd betrayed Sheppard to the extent Sivok has. It feels a lot like full circle to me. Sivok is the enemy once again and the Enoly are gone. Was this always planned?
        And we will never know considering there probably won't be an Atlantis movie for oh quite some time. And regarding movies any chance of seeing a Horizon "Movie" in the future after Season 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          And regarding movies any chance of seeing a Horizon "Movie" in the future after Season 5?
          Well, the one thing I can say about the kind of ending it will be is that the stories of these particular characters will have been told once the series finale has been released. It will be much more of a definite ending that we'll be finishing the series with (the type of finales you may have seen on shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine, or more recently, LOST), which was always how I was planning to do it actually.

The Stargate universe, needless to say of course, will continue, but this particular "corner" of the Stargate universe that we've been playing in, and these characters' journies (this includes the regulars and the many recurring characters) that we've been following, that will all be resolved in one way or another by the end. You'll get a really good idea of where all of them will end up at. Which means it's unlikely there'll be a movie beyond the series. You never know these things completely for sure, and I'm someone would would never say "never", but right now there's no plans for that.

However, that being said, this also means that this final season will be quite an event!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
            Well, the one thing I can say about the kind of ending it will be is that the stories of these particular characters will have been told once the series finale has been released. It will be much more of a definite ending that we'll be finishing the series with (the type of finales you may have seen on shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine, or more recently, LOST), which was always how I was planning to do it actually.

The Stargate universe, needless to say of course, will continue, but this particular "corner" of the Stargate universe that we've been playing in, and these characters' journies (this includes the regulars and the many recurring characters) that we've been following, that will all be resolved in one way or another by the end. You'll get a really good idea of where all of them will end up at. Which means it's unlikely there'll be a movie beyond the series. You never know these things completely for sure, and I'm someone would would never say "never", but right now there's no plans for that.

However, that being said, this also means that this final season will be quite an event!
            Any chance of doing a 24 thing you know a 2 night 4 hour premiere? That way you can draw more readers and really start the final season off with a bang. As for the series finale I would like you see a major episode like Atlantis enemy at the gate but make it into a two part series finale cause I was disappointed with EATG cause they rushed everything into one episode when they had the ability to turn EATG into a two parter and really end the series on a high note.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Any chance of doing a 24 thing you know a 2 night 4 hour premiere? That way you can draw more readers and really start the final season off with a bang.
              It might be a two hour season premiere, but that hasn't been decided for sure yet. We will certainly be doing a lot of promotion on as many sites as we can, and there'll also be primers that will cover the events of the first four seasons, to draw in as many readers as possible.

As for the series finale I would like you see a major episode like Atlantis enemy at the gate but make it into a two part series finale
              The finale will definitely be two hours.

Comment

EATG was the worse episode of Atlantis I've seen. I do hope we have nothing like the wormhole drive appear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                  That leads to the question (and we should probably start a new thread for this) of just what exactly do you think the "Nebulan plane" is? What's different between them and the ascended Ancients? And yes, this is something that will be addressed before the series ends. That much I can say.
                  Hmm. The Ancients viewed them as their gods right (I think I remember something about that.)? So...
                  The Nebulan plane should be higher then the Ancient's plane. That's probably why the Ancient's ascended (disease & Wraith threat aside). To get closer to their gods.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                    Hmm. The Ancients viewed them as their gods right (I think I remember something about that.)? So...
                    The Nebulan plane should be higher then the Ancient's plane. That's probably why the Ancient's ascended (disease & Wraith threat aside). To get closer to their gods.
                    Some of the Ancients did. And that's an interesting theory. What we do know is that the Nebulan exist outside of space and time, which also would mean they exist everywhere within space/time, because they're simply not restricted by space and time. One of the most interesting and mysterious lines the Nebulan Woman probably has had was in "Revelation," when she told Callen that while she's standing before him, she's also many other things in many different places.

Comment

I always thought that the nebulan technology was maybe the origin for the ancient technology. Don't know why I thought that.

Comment

Maybe they are the creators of the universe, the definitive Gods.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, here am I, ready to comment the last, but fortunately not least!

First things first: thank you guys. Really, you all should be hired as something by SG-TPTB, to write stories, to betareading, to... whatever! You have a talent and a certain feeling for storytelling withing this franchise. In other words: priceless. But in a year or two! Sorry, I'm being (very) egoistic here, but we all deserve a SGH-S5 and I hope you put all your efforts at it. (Feeling already bad about it, sorry! )

Now. Back to business.

This ep (I mean, 24+25), was terrific!! There's so many things, so many details, so many to tell about...

-The parts with Daniel pre-Catherine Langford, the true Daniel, his fears, his doubts... What happened to that kind of guy go public with the kind of ideas and theories? He was all but the type of character to do it. Until now, the only explanation was a non-told one "well, he sure reached a point where he hadn't nothing to lose and decided to public and there you go...", but this fits perfect, make sense. Should be canon!

-New powerful enemies, old nemesis: Man, the thing with Sivok was SO predictable but yet SO GOOD written, masterly placed, with a GREAT sense of timing... Ladies and gentlemen Welcome to the darkest side of John Grant. Will do Sivea prevent Grant to become a danger for himself? If anyone can, that's she. That's for sure! Anyway, the Ingrali are the new main enemy and they're a powerful one. Too powerful? We'll see...

Uh... I must go, may be I come later to make some comments
                          sigpic
                          ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                          - That's a lie!!!
                          - Indeed it is...

Comment

Working...
                          X