Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadows of Things to Come, Part One (424)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...awesome. Thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly, enjoyed that. Having the Nebulan woman involved in Daniel's background was a fantastic inclusion. I love it when sci-fi comes together like this and has these kind of back stories. I'm getting a good sense of why Daniel was brought on now and it's fantastic.

I get the feeling we're going to be abandoning the Enoly to the sidelines now. I think the Draque, while also taking a side seat, may also start to become slightly more prominent when needed. I think this major change of direction is going to come in the Ingrali conflict I assume is coming. And I gotta say, I'm quite excited.

And Chris. While I figured you'd do something difficult to Lenori, I didn't predict this. I realized as soon as they found Chris unconscious, however, but Jesus. That is going to make things way more complicated for them pair, especially considering their previous relationship.

You know how I mentioned you should watch Babylon 5? It was because it's a great sci-fi show that does things slightly unconventionally and I really feel like you've got that feeling here! They don't finish the show on the conclusion of the previous war, they do it by throwing a curve ball at you and taking us in a completely different direction. Something you've achieved here.

Nice to see I predicted the correct scene from Judgement Day.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Well...awesome. Thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly, enjoyed that.
      Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

Having the Nebulan woman involved in Daniel's background was a fantastic inclusion. I love it when sci-fi comes together like this and has these kind of back stories. I'm getting a good sense of why Daniel was brought on now and it's fantastic.
      Yeah, he will be playing a very crucial role. I definitely felt it was important that there'd be a very good reason for why he's there. It's been subtle, but it's been building up towards this ever since he first came to Horizon. Throughout the entire season he felt that he needed to remember things from when he was ascended in order to feel like he really belongs there; he never felt that way before, and it only started after he strangely recognized those writings in Malaysia in "Gateway of the Gods". So him feeling that he needs to remember more may have been him subconsciousnly sensing that there really is something very specific (how to find this Point of Origin) that he needs to recall in order to contribute to the greater picture.

And Chris. While I figured you'd do something difficult to Lenori, I didn't predict this. I realized as soon as they found Chris unconscious, however, but Jesus. That is going to make things way more complicated for them pair, especially considering their previous relationship.
      Yeah, this should make for some interesting developments down the road. And this is actually something we've been planning and talking about for quite a while now, so it's great to finally be doing it.

You know how I mentioned you should watch Babylon 5? It was because it's a great sci-fi show that does things slightly unconventionally and I really feel like you've got that feeling here! They don't finish the show on the conclusion of the previous war, they do it by throwing a curve ball at you and taking us in a completely different direction. Something you've achieved here.
      Thanks again! I really appreciate that!

Nice to see I predicted the correct scene from Judgement Day.
      Yes, it is.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 03 June 2010, 09:48 PM.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Also - What kind of research did you put into the whole Khafu fraud section?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Also - What kind of research did you put into the whole Khafu fraud section?
          That whole explanation for how Daniel came up with his theory was actually in an earlier draft of the original Stargate movie that I found, and I think not much or none of it made into the final version (I think they did mention Colonel Vyse). So it's pretty much taken from there, and I just did do a little bit of research into things like finding out exactly who Colonel Vyse was and what kind of discoveries he had made.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much all they mention in the movie is Vyse found Khafu's name in the pyramid and that it was a fraud. That detailed theory wasn't there at all in the movie. Cheeky using it but I like it.
            sigpic

Comment

omg how can anyone even vote for terrible
              and its kinda said that its only me, alex, shep & anubis that are commenting
              common guys dont be shy

McKay: Crap.
              Hermiod: What did you do?
              McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
              Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

This ep'll come to us as "classic SGH" in the future, that's for sure.

On the other hand, my lack of time made a great favor to me and I couldn't see this ep "live". And I meant it! So I could see together with the Part 2 as a whole!! Priceless!!

I'll make my comment for both in the other thread
                sigpic
                ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                - That's a lie!!!
                - Indeed it is...

Comment

Working...
                X