Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Default Re: LOST unaswered questions

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    That was nice, but it is just more questions , that what the problem was they didn't answer those questions ?

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Chief Master Sergeant

some of these were answered

most of the apparitions on the island are assumed to be the smoke monster

and they didn't ask the biggest question of all

what is the smoke monster

Like Joachim said most of those were answered.

Probie

I don't think there will be a show as awesome as lost .

That's an awesome list. Most of those questions weren't answered. And there's probably a few more that weren't either so they probably could have just kept going if they wanted.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Major

a lot of those were answered. a lot didn't need to be answered.

Chief Master Sergeant

Two or three were joke questions, ONE was answered in the epilogue (supply drop), and the rest are the reasons lost make no sense when you think about it. (the best one is the fact that electromagnetism is able to send people in the afterlife and back, especially in an afterlife where peopel are able to be born and die too, sure...)

After alias and lost, i won't let myself get caught in an abrams mistery show anytime soon.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by flobo View Post
    Two or three were joke questions, ONE was answered in the epilogue (supply drop), and the rest are the reasons lost make no sense when you think about it. (the best one is the fact that electromagnetism is able to send people in the afterlife and back, especially in an afterlife where peopel are able to be born and die too, sure...)

After alias and lost, i won't let myself get caught in an abrams mistery show anytime soon.
    The word "afterlife" in that sentence should give you hint as to what was happening with Desmond. I don't believe the electromagnetism was actually sending him anywhere. The electromagnetism brought Desmond so close to death that he essentially had a near death experience, which is why he could experience this afterlife. Desmond was unique in a way that somehow allowed him to be exposed to extreme amounts of electromagnet energy without suffering any lasting effect's, like dieing.

This explaination is what makes sense, whether or not its actually what was happening to Desmond, only the producers could tell you.

Chief Master Sergeant

Yes, that could work, but still, i'm not sure they could answer the question, my guess is that they wrote themselve into such a mess that they played the emotionnal card to get a good ending anyway, and it worked. I loved the finale, it was beautifull, only when it ended i realised that this finale meant than half the show now consist of mysteries that will never be solved, and therefore became worthless episodes.

And what about people dying and being born into the afterlife ? Why was the island under water ? Why did juliet say "it worked".

No real reason for it, the whole idea was just to trick the watcher.
    The problem is that it was so random, so,ce there is no reason for the island to be under the ocean in the afterlife, The way they shown it in the first episode was a complete cheat.

Too bad since in late season 5, she show had all the card to finish in a great fashion, the "Lock was wrong from the start" and was used by Smokey was fantastic. I can only say : if only they had the whole thing planned already drom season 1 and not made it up in the last few month like they did...

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by flobo View Post
    Yes, that could work, but still, i'm not sure they could answer the question, my guess is that they wrote themselve into such a mess that they played the emotionnal card to get a good ending anyway, and it worked. I loved the finale, it was beautifull, only when it ended i realised that this finale meant than half the show now consist of mysteries that will never be solved, and therefore became worthless episodes.

And what about people dying and being born into the afterlife ? Why was the island under water ? Why did juliet say "it worked".
    No real reason for it, the whole idea was just to trick the watcher.
    The problem is that it was so random, so,ce there is no reason for the island to be under the ocean in the afterlife, The way they shown it in the first episode was a complete cheat.

Too bad since in late season 5, she show had all the card to finish in a great fashion, the "Lock was wrong from the start" and was used by Smokey was fantastic. I can only say : if only they had the whole thing planned already drom season 1 and not made it up in the last few month like they did...
    Think it was explained by the producers and somewhat in the final episode that the world we knew as the flash sideways was created by the losties. They wanted so badly to get off the island and leave it behind forever that they created a world in there subconscious where the island never existed to them and never interfered with there lives. The problem was that the place they thought was the worst part of there lives, was actually the best part. It wasn't until they realized this and "let go" that they could move on.

As for why Juliet said "it worked", she was so near death that she could already see this "afterlife". When she said "it worked", she was refering to the scene between her and Sawyer at the vending machine. Juliet suggested Sawyer unplug and plug the machine back in, after which she said "it worked".

As for people being born and dying, we can only speculate. Since the flash sideways was created by the losties, it's likely that there subconscious memories influenced the world.

Yeah I'd say The fact that the island existed in the Flash-Sideways just to me seems like an attempt at misdirection that doesn't make sense any more when the truth is revealed. Why would they create an underwater version of the island they were on if they would never learn about it?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Yeah I'd say The fact that the island existed in the Flash-Sideways just to me seems like an attempt at misdirection that doesn't make sense any more when the truth is revealed. Why would they create an underwater version of the island they were on if they would never learn about it?
    That the only bit which does not make sense. I suspect they had a change of mind in the direction of the show at the last minute or they had a large CGI which they needed to spend an decided to make a underwater version of the island.

Second Lieutenant

Actually showing the island under water was misdirection. I mean this is Lost, people should have expected misdirection. Hell, most of season 6 we were lead to believe this flash-sideways was an alternate reality created when jugheads core was detonated. But it being under water and non-existent to the Losties did have meaning.

If you want more answer's to questions that were left unanswered and more in-depth explanations to the ones that were, theres a Lost Encyclopedia out made by most of the creative team that supposedly answers a few questions.

Um...
    1.What the hell was Jacob's House? I never understood that.
    2.Why did Ben kill my fav character?
    3.Why didn't the Smoke Monster take some other forms besides Locke and Smoke in Season 6?
    4. Why did Smokey want Eko to confess in Season 3?
    5.Why did Claire abandon Aaron in the first place?
    6.What was the Island?

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

1. It was obviously something they changed their minds about after they first wrote it in. So it's a plot-hole.

2. Because he was "special" and Ben was jelous. But apparently not because if he was he would have survived.

3. Because he couldn't anymore for... some reason?

4. I have a feeling this was also something they changed their minds or forgot about.

5. I don't know. The island said so I guess?

6. Apparently that wasn't important enough for them to explain. I guess all they ever said was that it was a place with a mystical glowing light energy cave. And a big cork thing.

"Elizabeth..."

7.What was Walt.
    8.Why did J.J. Abrams make the Hatch in Season 1 look like it was going to be so great and the mysteries of the Island can be in it and then it's just some science station.
    9. What was the purpose of the show? I mean, in Season 1, it's mostly realistic, in Season 2 it goes a bit weird, Season 3 makes it look like everything's fine and everyone get comfortable, half of Season 4 is in the future, Season 5 is time-traveling, Season 6 is that the Island is the center of all that exists?
    10. How could J.J. Abrams reveal that mostly, my fav character was pointless? I mean, albeit he failed every test the Others gave him, he still seemed to be special, but in the end he simply was just another tool of the Island.
    11.What happened with Hurley's car?
    12.Why did everyone forget about Vincent?

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

Major

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    7.What was Walt.
    8.Why did J.J. Abrams make the Hatch in Season 1 look like it was going to be so great and the mysteries of the Island can be in it and then it's just some science station.
    9. What was the purpose of the show? I mean, in Season 1, it's mostly realistic, in Season 2 it goes a bit weird, Season 3 makes it look like everything's fine and everyone get comfortable, half of Season 4 is in the future, Season 5 is time-traveling, Season 6 is that the Island is the center of all that exists?
    10. How could J.J. Abrams reveal that mostly, my fav character was pointless? I mean, albeit he failed every test the Others gave him, he still seemed to be special, but in the end he simply was just another tool of the Island.
    11.What happened with Hurley's car?
    12.Why did everyone forget about Vincent?
    you're being far to literal.
    the show isn't about material things. it's about symbolism and character development.
    the hatch was a symbol - to locke it was salvation, it was the thing that held all the meaning in the world when he found it.
    to jack and the rest it was a place to hide.

also, JJ had almost nothing to do with the show after season 1. he let damon and carlton take the reigns 99.999%. they wrote it. they thought it up. JJ just had original idea - and not even the full one.

no one forgot about vincent. dog was the solid staple of the show.
    also, vincent put everything in motion when he woke up jack.

the purpose of the show was to make you think. make you think beyond the superficiality of hatches and mysteries.

like i said, the show was never about supernatural islands. it was about people, and self discovery. each of the main characters truly was "lost" and it took this event, of being dropped on this island, for them to find themselves, and discover who they were and who they could be. for some it was good, for others, it was bad.

am i seriously the only person here who understood this show?

Make you think? Think about what? If nothing means anything, what's to think about?

"Elizabeth..."

Major

no one ever said nothing means anything