Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So has no one explained to the Lucien Alliance that Destiny is worthless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the film "Waterworld"? Remember what the Exxon Valdez looked like in that flick? It was old, rusting, full of holes, had next to nothing in fuel and it really only got around by people rowing it. That is the Destiny.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
      lol, or they will see, after getting access to the control codes, a big message saying "Haven't you realized? This is just a floating rustbucket"
      I'm hopeful that the console will direct the user to a desktop with a sexy Ancient babe as a wallpaper. What else would you hide with a password?

Comment

I still say that compared to the stuff that's laying around the Milky Way, that would be much easier for them to steal, that Destiny is worthless in comparison. Compared to the Asgard, Ancient, and even some Ori stuff that's still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
          I still say that compared to the stuff that's laying around the Milky Way, that would be much easier for them to steal, that Destiny is worthless in comparison. Compared to the Asgard, Ancient, and even some Ori stuff that's still around.
          That's just what we need, the LA getting their hands on a few flying toilet bowls.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            I think I'll stick to the Big Bang theory.
            ah nooo! its dark energy thats responsible but what if Destiny is somehow involved in that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              What makes you say that? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I don't think there's any evidence that Ra was actively trying to dial the 9th Chevron.
              Good point. When was it ever said he had done research or even had an inkling of the 9th cheveron.

That's just what we need, the LA getting their hands on a few flying toilet bowls.
              It would finally give them a place to crap!

Comment

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but...

May 31 - "Why did the Ancients go through the trouble of launching Destiny and the seed ships? Why is the Lucian Alliance so interested in the ship? The answers are coming in Season Two. And they may surprise."
                (Writer/producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

Comment

Speculations abound now..

Comment

I don't see the Lucian Alliance's interest in Destiny as being purely focused on the technology. From brainwashed Telford's words, it seems more of a philanthropic interest. They want to claim humanity's heritage/complete the Ancients' expedition into the unknown. It would be ironic if they are trying to do something 'noble' for the billions of people across the MW... whereas Earth has been pretty much just going through the stargate to get technology for itself.

TELFORD: You think I was brainwashed? I came to my senses. We freed billions of people from thousands of years of slavery all over our galaxy - and then we patted ourselves on the back and left them with little or no means for survival. What the hell did we think was going to happen? Wake up, Everett! You think the Lucian Alliance are just a bunch of criminals? Who made us judge and jury? People will do what they have to do to survive. You should know that by now. We take whatever we want. We do whatever is good for us, regardless of the impact on other planets. What makes us so special? This is not our ship. It wasn't intended for us. It was supposed to be for the benefit of all mankind.

Of course, that's his brainwashed opinion, so...
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                    X