Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Telford right about his statement on Earth's actions

Hello guys,

Just wondering something here. Col. Telford told Young that Earth has caused so much problems when they defeated the Goa'uld. They freed the people and now there is chaos everywhere.

Is he right or not?
    Lord Zedd

This is being discussed in dept in the other Telford thread, I suggest you read that.

Comment

Hell yeah. The Tau'ri have overturned the galactic order. Viva la revolution!
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

This is the thread where it is being discussed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kayone View Post
          This is being discussed in dept in the other Telford thread, I suggest you read that.
          I searched it and did not find it so I concluded there was no other thread. So include next time in your post also the link of that thread.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
            I searched it and did not find it so I concluded there was no other thread. So include next time in your post also the link of that thread.
            You mean the thread entitled "Telford" that has never left the front page of this subforum? The thread where I wrote in the first post:

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I especially enjoyed his little diatribe on morality; how he went off on Earth's "saving" the galaxy and then leaving everyone to their fates with no semblance of aid/economy/government or anything. This is something I've been saying for years, I'm glad to see it finally mentioned on the show. Even if it is coming from the mouth of a villain, it's great to finally see it acknowledged.
            Yeah.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

there is another one, not specifically referring to telford, but similar argument here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...-species-in-SG
              An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
              A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
              And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

No
                Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Considering he was only so vocal about that "statement" when cornered, no.

Also, I dislike the insinuation that this line was included to further distance Stargate: Universe from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis by deriding the other teams's actions.

Comment

No, but he's brainwashed.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
                      Considering he was only so vocal about that "statement" when cornered, no.

Also, I dislike the insinuation that this line was included to further distance Stargate: Universe from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis by deriding the other teams's actions.
                      is it derision or is it a more nuanced take on events?
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        is it derision or is it a more nuanced take on events?
                        There is no reason it can't be both .

Comment

Neither iot wask just taken as an oportunity for some members to dish out their hatred at the U.S and that's all, is still going on as you can see...
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                            Neither iot wask just taken as an oportunity for some members to dish out their hatred at the U.S and that's all, is still going on as you can see...
                            Yeah, because any time anyone disagrees with anything, it's anti-Americanism
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Yeah, because any time anyone disagrees with anything, it's anti-Americanism
                              Originally posted by s09119
                              So let me get this straight... if the United States were to invade every other country on Earth, destroy their cities and kill their respective leaders, then go back to America and said "Hey, we freed you all from tyrants! Just thank us and move on! Oh, but here's a package of medical supplies!" you think they'd all be fine with that? That they wouldn't feel some anger and resentment that we wrecked everything they had ever known and then left them to pick up the pieces on their own? Okay.

On the Ancient thing, this debate has gone on time and again. How can you blame them for leaving the stargates and all that other stuff around? Their entire species was being exterminated and they had to evacuate a galaxy wide civilization as quickly as possible. They didn't have time to go to thousands of planets and remove any and every trace of themselves? If humanity was being wiped out, we wouldn't take the time to make sure every gun, nuke, grenade, tank, etc. was all packaged away somewhere safe or destroyed, because we'd be a little busy trying to save ourselves.

Try thinking a little beyond just how this affects Earth and Earth alone.

Case closed. Unless you too think that you can compare the Goa'uld to all other nations on Earth regardless of the fact that not all of them are ruled by tyrants and most certainly not all of them pose any kind of threat to the U.S where as the Goa'uld clearly were a threat to the whole planet.
                              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X