Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win tickets to Creation's Minneapolis convention!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needless to say, I'm a fan first and foremost. Unfortunately, I haven't had the good fortune to meet a lot of the Stargate actors (yet). I keep hoping.....*fingers and toes crossed*

PLUS.....Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett together? Oh man......please Good Luck smile on me!

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

I have been a fan of stargate since the beginning, even saw the original feature film while i was at a star trek convention.
      It was something i had in common with my brother and we always wanted to go to a convention in the states, as we had been to a couple in the uk.
      Unfortuneatly he passed away before we had a chance to and i have been unable to go to one in the states due to various reasons, this may be my only chance and i would love to see mckay and sheppard together as they are my favourate pair. This would be a great way for me to honor my brother and feel he was there with me.

Comment

I would absolutely love to go, but I can't afford tickets. My roommate got me hooked this winter...

Since January, I have watched the original movie, all ten seasons of SG-1, The Ark of Truth, Continuum, and all five seasons of Atlantis (which I just finished Saturday night). I don't have cable, so I can't watch Universe until it gets to Hulu, but I watch it as soon as I get the email that my queue has been updated (of course I subscribed!). If I won the tickets, I would definitely take my roommate - I have to pay him back somehow for getting me hooked and lending me all his DVDs!

Comment

Although I've been to conventions over the years it's been for a specific person or just generally; not a specific tv show...

I am probably one of the privileged few on the website to have been with Stargate since the very beginning, but I don't consider myself to be less or more a fan than anybody else here. Working in SG Fan-Fiction, however, I would like the oppotunity to offer an olive branch to the actors; strengthening the relationship between fans of the shows and the people who then produce their own work based in the franchise.

Stargate is not only a science-fiction drama -- it's a community that want to continuously push the boundaries of imagination.
          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
          ==============================================================
          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

I have been a huge Stargate fan since I have been 12. I didn't have cable or satellite TV so I first saw them on syndication and absolutely loved the show. My brother and sister and I would spend our Saturday nights every week watching Stargate. It was a huge thing for us. I am now 24 years old and have collected and own EVERY Stargate movie, TV episodes of both SG-1 and Atlantis, and a few collectors items as well! Stargate marathons often happen at my place.

I've never been to a convention before and when I heard about this, I freaked! I live just outside the Twin Cities and it's difficult for me to travel often with responsibilities and jobs so I have yet to cross a Stargate Convention off my list. I LOVE David Hewlett and his character: Rodney McKay . This would be an absolute dream come true if I could go to convention! Thank you!

Comment

My wife is a HUGE fan of Stargate and has collected ALL of the SG1 eps & movies. I personally am not a big fan of SciFi in general, but I do like watching Sg1 from time to time (just, not as often as my Emme). If I won, it would be so that my wife could go and have the fun she deserves after working so very hard to earn her Masters Degree.

Comment

I would love to win! I've been a fan of Stargate for years, and I've never gotten the chance to see David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan together on stage. I heard they were hilarious in Vancouver and Germany; I'd really enjoy experiencing that myself.

Comment

I'm a huge Stargate fan. From the Stargate film to; SG-1, Atlantis, Ark of Truth, Continuum, and now SGU. I've always wanted to go to a convention but there are never any close enough to where I live. I'd love to go and see all these guys. I've never won anything, so it'd make my year if I won.

Comment

I can't say how big a fan I am of stargate, all three. My wife would like to kill me on friday nights, and anytime she looks at the wall in our room covered in action figures. Good thing she likes me. I devote my free time to Stargate, and am even trying to get my girls to watch it with me. They are two and six!! Maybe one day. This would be a dream for me to win these tickets, and to introduce the love of my life to something I am very passionate about and we get to experience it together. Please pick me!!!! Devoted fan....

Comment

Kathryn and Silvercomet met through an act of fate at a convention in 2009 in Vancouver.
                      Their love of Stargate, travel, playing pranks on each other (and of course the gorgeous Joe), instantly connected them.

Since then, emails, SMSs, GateWorld posts, (and more pranks) have kept them in contact every day, however with over 9000 miles physically separating them, catch ups are few and far between – but if fate (and GateWorld) decides to award them the tickets to the convention in Minneapolis this would not only allow them to catch up with each other again, but to raise a glass to all their other GW friends, both at the convention and those hanging onto the forum waiting for reports
                      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for your entries! We'll do a random drawing from eligible entries and e-mail the winner by Monday or so.

Remember, you must respond within 48 hours of receipt, or we'll have to disqualify you and choose another winner! Be sure to keep your eye on the e-mail account you used to sign up for the forum.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                        X