This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ascended on the ship ?

I was wondering the ship always seems to be just where it needs to be even if the data its working on it out of date. Do you think there could be an ancient just sticking with the ship to see what comes of it?

Originally posted by 0datdude0 View Post
    I was wondering the ship always seems to be just where it needs to be even if the data its working on it out of date. Do you think there could be an ancient just sticking with the ship to see what comes of it?
    I have a pet belief that the ship is at least partly sentient. Maybe that's the original Ancient version of acsension before they learned another way? But yep, definitely, there's something very interesting that the ship gives them what they need when they need it (even if they don't know they don't need it, like in Faith.)
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well we know the ascended watch us closely out of curiosity. Look back to the end of season 8 in "Threads" Daniel was given a news paper by Anubis that showed the ascended talking about how the wraith were about to attack Atlantis.

Comment

Yup. Though whether that ancient is helping out, or just "nudging a little" is still up in the air.

Comment

i doubt it. their is a range to what the ascended can see/whatever they do and why would they care about lower beings anyway

Comment

well the ancients have shown that they don't really bother out of peg and mw, look at the ori galaxy. maybe there is one breakoff gouy breaking their rules? faith planet could have been him
            An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
            A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
            And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Its been shown in the past they don't really care about our lower plane of existence. But anything is possible.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
                well the ancients have shown that they don't really bother out of peg and mw, look at the ori galaxy. maybe there is one breakoff gouy breaking their rules? faith planet could have been him
                there are other ascended beings than the Ancients
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  there are other ascended beings than the Ancients
                  In theory. But we have never seen any ascended besides Ancients
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That's an interesting theory, Even with Atlantis the city never acted on its own like Destiny has done... I suppose that will be explained when they meet up with the other ship, when they reach (If there is one) their destination.
                    Flickr Account: Gallery

Comment

Hmmm, interesting idea.

I'd lean more towards a sentient ship rather than a an Ascended Ancient being onboard.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised the theme of sentient ships has been more prevailent in the Stargate Universe. Especially considering the fact that it is not entire unlikey for some form AI/machine self-awareness taking place here in the next 20-30 years, surely advance star faring races would come across the same thing during their own technological development?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        In theory. But we have never seen any ascended besides Ancients
                        Didn't they say they weren't the first. The ascended ancients basically follow the rules set by 'the others' as they called them. If I'm not mistaken, they talk about it in or around the episode in which Daniel ascends.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
                          Didn't they say they weren't the first. The ascended ancients basically follow the rules set by 'the others' as they called them. If I'm not mistaken, they talk about it in or around the episode in which Daniel ascends.
                          Still haven't seen any ascended figures besides Altereans. Saying and showing are two separate things
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Maye it is one of those Others who are manipulatig the ship. BUT doing it in such a way the humans won't suspect. AND they could have also been the ones to make the "Faith" planet.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Still haven't seen any ascended figures besides Altereans. Saying and showing are two separate things
                              Anubis, kinda.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                              X