Wray needs to shut up, and Scott needs to man up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wray needs to shut up, and Scott needs to man up

Ok is it just me or did anyone else feel that Wray was extra annoying in this episode. She's running around like shes owed answers from the military when really shes not. Shes and HR manager nothing else. That was a security matter that she had no business in and she was running around like she was entitled to answers when she really isnt, epsically when there is a massive breach of security both on the ship and on earth.

Which brings me to Scott, knowing the Telford is compromised and that could also mean anyone else on this ship could be compromised( technically they didnt know Telford was working alone) he goes and tell Wray because she put presure on him for 10 min. Seriously what kind of officer is he. At the beginning of the show i liked Scott, now i just think hes a spinless whimp who doesnt know how to follow orders or respect the chain of command. He goes and tells Wray about a massive security breach on the ship when she was the ring leader of a coup to take it over.....REAL SMART. If i were Young i'd find another 2nd in Command ASAP

Didnt mean to rant on but thats just two things that really bugged me in the episode, I thought the eps was AWESOME, really well acted and played out great, just thouse two annoyed me.

Originally posted by Cape View Post
    Ok is it just me or did anyone else feel that Wray was extra annoying in this episode. She's running around like shes owed answers from the military when really shes not. Shes and HR manager nothing else. That was a security matter that she had no business in and she was running around like she was entitled to answers when she really isnt, epsically when there is a massive breach of security both on the ship and on earth.

Which brings me to Scott, knowing the Telford is compromised and that could also mean anyone else on this ship could be compromised( technically they didnt know Telford was working alone) he goes and tell Wray because she put presure on him for 10 min. Seriously what kind of officer is he. At the beginning of the show i liked Scott, now i just think hes a spinless whimp who doesnt know how to follow orders or respect the chain of command. He goes and tells Wray about a massive security breach on the ship when she was the ring leader of a coup to take it over.....REAL SMART. If i were Young i'd find another 2nd in Command ASAP

Didnt mean to rant on but thats just two things that really bugged me in the episode, I thought the eps was AWESOME, really well acted and played out great, just thouse two annoyed me.
    Wray is the de facto head of the civilians on the ship, and Young promised to work together more after the mutiny. He's not doing that, so she's understandably curious and wants to know what the military is keeping from them that could potentially cost them all.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Young deals with the civilian majority only out of indulgence - and Wray knows that. She has no other option but to be annoying.

Comment

Wray has every reason to demand to be informed. Young is acting like a military dictator. In my opinion, Rush dropped the ball in this one. He should have told Wray that he and Young were going to plan something to put her mind more at ease. She had a right to be informed since this is something that affects all the civilians in Destiny.

Comment

I think the point is that Wray had absolutely no idea what was going on, so she couldn't possibly expect to play it cool when, for all she knows, the whole issue is about tomatoes. It's very easy for us, in possession of all the facts, to decide that she shouldn't be told, but there was no evidence for her that there was anything serious going on. She was just trying to do her job.

As for Scott, I for one am glad that he has a conscience. I thought his asking if "Telford" had been given food and water (which any laws will tell you are required to be provided to a prisoner) showed an awful lot about his character and my respect for him went up a notch just for that.
          sigpic

Comment

What was going on was not really all military. You had civillians taking roles in the operation, including Rush who volunteered to go. Wray was right for the way she acted. The tension on the ship was done very well. It shows that they do care for Rush, and don't want to see him be killed for the greater good.

But Young is pulling a Jack Bauer, so he is most likely bluffing.
            sigpic

Comment

The fact is there was a major security breach on earth and the ship, Young had every right to keep it under wraps untill he found out all he could about it, that was a military and security matter, nothing to do with the civilians yet. I agree she should be told at some point but only after all the facts that they could get were obtained. They needed to work fast and Wray would of slowed them down. She walked around the whole episode like she was in charge and ppl were keeping things from her, well shes not in charge and needs to stay in her place.

And she keeps bringing up the whole "this is why we tried to take this ship before", yeah well how did that work out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

But Young is pulling a Jack Bauer, so he is most likely bluffing.
                I really don't think hes bluffing, and i love it

Comment

And she keeps bringing up the whole "this is why we tried to take this ship before", yeah well how did that work out for you?
                  Question, are you in the Military? Anyway, Wray does have a right to know, but Eli, Brody, and etc do not.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really don't think hes bluffing, and i love it
                    It all depends what happens next episode. The only way we will know if he is bluffing is if Rush/Telford dies........that won't happen, so we will really never know.

On another note, I don't think Kiva will be bluffing, lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

On another note, I don't think Kiva will be bluffing, lol.
                      I don't either xD
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        I don't either xD
                        I looooooooooooooooooove Kiva!
                        sigpic

Comment

She truly rocks! Best human enemy we've had in a long while.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, agreed. She just got better and better throughout the episode. She may slide right up there with Baal, Anubis, and Todd as villains I love to hate if she keeps it up.

Comment

The fact is there was a major security breach on earth and the ship, Young had every right to keep it under wraps untill he found out all he could about it, that was a military and security matter, nothing to do with the civilians yet.
                              The question, as others have posed, is not really should Wray have been told. We could argue that back and forth, but the real issue here is (from Wray's point of view), does it make sense that she expected to be told? If so, then you cannot claim that she should "shut up" as she is not privvy to the information that the audience is, nor does she really have any reason to trust that Young is doing the right thing. From her POV, it sure seemed like that was not the case.

Additionally, something being a "military matter" is not an acceptable reason to bar information from the civilians, as I guarantee you do not feel the same way in reversed roles. For example, if Rush and Wray were interrogating a civilian in a room on the Destiny, but refused to let Young and military members in on what was happening, you wouldn't then say "well, it's a civilian matter...so they don't have a right to know".

Note that I'm not arguing that Wray did or did not have the right to know what was going on, I'm simply asking to please not use "it's a military matter" as justification for your argument, as it (in and of itself) is invalid.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X