Naquadria...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadria...

Kiva and the other Lucian Alliance folks and I believe even Rush talked about how the planet had a rich amount of naquadria...ummmm no? We know for a fact that naquadria was artificially created by the Goa'uld Thanos on Langara. Yet some how the LA just happen to come across it naturally on this new planet? wut?

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
    Kiva and the other Lucian Alliance folks and I believe even Rush talked about how the planet had a rich amount of naquadria...ummmm no? We know for a fact that naquadria was artificially created by the Goa'uld Thanos on Langara. Yet some how the LA just happen to come across it naturally on this new planet? wut?
    It's entirely possible that Thanos experimented on more than one planet. In fact, it has to be that way, since Icarus and this planet were the same, so Icarus had a naquadria core, too.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yeah they haven't done a good job of explaining this, but apparently there are a few rare planets that have naturally occurring Naquadria, or like s09119 said maybe the experiment was done on multiple planets.

Perfecto!

Comment

I checked and all they said was that the Icarus planet had a "radioactive core"

Comment

I checked and all they said was that the Icarus planet had a "radioactive core"
          But Rush confirmed that the Lucian Alliance base is an "Icarus-type planet" and that its power source is a naquadria core. The implication is that Icarus's radioactive core was radioactive because of massive deposits of naquadria.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

That doesn't make sense, Thanos is doing his research in secret and yet he does it....on at least three different planets...two or which work great and perfectly saturate the planets cores while the last one blows him up and has only a very minor interaction on the planet? ummhmmmm Let's not forget to get most of Langara to switch over they had to use a bomb. Even then they had to go in a year and a half later and stop its expansion before it destroyed the planet. I doubt Thanos went through to both of those planets and stopped the expansion...a Goa'uld would have seen it as a failure and moved on not wanting to take the risk.

Comment

well jonas quinn doesn't exist remember ? so all this Naquadria stuff is new to sgu
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought on the last ep Jonas was in it was established that Naquadria would've reverted back into plain ol Naquada over time.

Comment

maybe certain natural processes can cause naquadria to be created..and all on-screen evidence supports this theory

Comment

If that was the case why would Baal have sent an operative to Langara to find out and that operative talked about how it was the only planet they have ever heard of with naquadria and how the operative hoped to use it to gain their own empire...if it was a natural process it would have been found before now.

Comment

If that was the case why would Baal have sent an operative to Langara to find out and that operative talked about how it was the only planet they have ever heard of with naquadria and how the operative hoped to use it to gain their own empire...if it was a natural process it would have been found before now.
                      if its a one in a trillion chnce of happening then they could never find it

Comment

Good thing the milky way galaxy does not have a trillion stars, more likely about 300 billion. However, not all stars have planets and of the ones that do, most have gas giants, rocky planets are kind of a rare thing in the universe and planets that support life are even a smaller percentage. So the chance is actually much much smaller. Also we know from our planet alone that Naquadah is not an element that is found on every planet.

Comment

Jonas who?

Comment

Actually I'm confussed about the difference between naquadria and naquada...

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                              Actually I'm confussed about the difference between naquadria and naquada...
                              Naquadria provides a bigger bang for your buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X