No announcement yet.

Things that need to be explained.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the difficult part is there are some 300 episodes to watch between SG1 and SGA. Not that easy to get caught up on all the cannon for a new fan of SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Really? care to explain. A pretty big assumption to make without any evidence and we all know about assumptions....
      What could happen to Atlantis if it was on Earth?

Replicators are gone.

Michael is gone.

Wraith can't get there.

There's really no Atlantis enemy left who exists, or if exists can even reach Earth.

So, yeah I'd work under the assumption that Atlantis wouldn't stay there.

Unless of course they'd try bring the Lucian Alliance or some Milky Way enemy into the story. In which case they may aswell call it the "SG1: Atlantis" movie.

Comment

The thread is really about how they acknowledge previous canon, I apoligize. I should of made that clearer.

They've acknowledged the triumph over Slavery, but if they stook with this new gritty take on Sci-Fi that's taken the world by storm latel, instead of saying thing's like ''Vulcans, flux capacitor, Dalek's''.

They make the dialogue darker, realistic and gritty.

''The Ancient outpost we accquired, it's back on earth now but unfortunately it's INSERT EXCUSE WHY IT CAN'T BE USED TO TRY AND CHASE DESTINY DOWN HERE.''

Then they've acknowledged the biggest part's of the canon, the Gaul'd and Atlantis.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          i guess if a viewer has been watching from day 1. but there are probably people who caught this show later in the season and they might get confused by whats happening, especially the stones bit. i got a friend who only saw stargate movie and is totally confused by all this SGU thing, he asked me once why we have ships lol.
          The stones by themselves is something difficult to grasp especially since we see the loaner not the loaned body. But every Sci-fi show got this little learning step.

As for the Lucian Alliance for newcomers I guess they represent some bad guys who were under investigation by the army and to which Telford was a spy. Though people may consider them as humans from earth with some spaceships (which they are in a way).
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

if you are new to series the tech details are prob fuzzy, but nothing trhat a little wiki can't fix

Another reason not to mention Atlantis is there's reason to and since the movie isn't made yet you don't want inconsistencies in case something in the script changes

Who else thinks that Mckay would get the master code unlock in like 1 hr

Comment

lol

Wellllllll they could use the Atlantis worm hole drive to get to destiny.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zkyire View Post
                What could happen to Atlantis if it was on Earth?

Replicators are gone.

Michael is gone.

Wraith can't get there.

There's really no Atlantis enemy left who exists, or if exists can even reach Earth.

So, yeah I'd work under the assumption that Atlantis wouldn't stay there.

Unless of course they'd try bring the Lucian Alliance or some Milky Way enemy into the story. In which case they may aswell call it the "SG1: Atlantis" movie.
                Actually that Weir Replicator from when they blew up that Replicator planet is still around, and we have no idea what she is up to.

Wraith can still feed on the people of Pegusus. So win for us not for them. Having a cure is one thing but won't really work if Wraith really enjoy eat people.

I don't mind Atlantis is on Earth but it's been a few years. So they need to update the fans whats what.

I mean they did leave us hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                  i guess if a viewer has been watching from day 1. but there are probably people who caught this show later in the season and they might get confused by whats happening, especially the stones bit. i got a friend who only saw stargate movie and is totally confused by all this SGU thing, he asked me once why we have ships lol.
                  But your friend would likely also have been confused by Children of the Gods since that didn't explain everything either.

Comment

I think i'm actually in the minority here where SGU actually brought me back to Stargate. I watched the first few episodes of universe having only seen a handful of SG-1 and no Atlantis. I had no idea who the LA were but i knew exactly where they got their equipment from! What really grabbed me though, was Col. Young getting thrown through the puddle onto Destiny with his clothes still smoking from the explosion when he landed. It was love at first sight haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Right so you are on that side of that argument.

Yep I completely agree that protecting your homeworld is way less important than another galaxy, where some people have forged a strange argument that we are now their sworn protectors just because we were at war with the Wraith.

For your further posts, don't make assumptions because in this case a damn lot of people think your argument is crap. Now do you really think the IOA would make some irrational moral call to send Atlantis back. Not bloody likely!
                      Yeah so THEY woke up all the wraith from their sleep, which puts everyone in that galaxy at risk. Lets just let them solve the problem by themselves even though they aren't the ones that caused the problem. If you stirred up a hornet's nest, don't you think you'd have the responsibility to make sure that kids playing in the area don't get stung because of you?

Comment

i just want to say that Atlantis has little to nothing to do with the Destiny right now...... or at least nothing to do with the central storyline of SGU..... and thus it is pointless and unnecessary to mention it

i mean we haven't heard from Major Davis (who should be an LT or full Colonel by now) or Landry... what gives?
                        what about The Daedelus, why hasn't that been mentioned?
                        or the Odyssey?
                        or the Hammond?
                        what about the Alpha Site? why don't they mention that at all?

oh wait, i know, its because they don't matter

i'm sorry, but i'm getting sick and tired of people wanting writers on shows to acknowledge things that have absolutely zero relevance to the ongoing storyline... its the same with Lost.... people still want to know where that statue came from with the four toes... and are demanding that the writers explain and act as if its incredibly important......... and yet, knowing where it came from would not advance the plot at all......
                        yes, it would satisfy your curiousity as a viewer, but it is not relevant to the storyline of Jack getting everyone off the island, and therefore it is not needed to be mentioned, and thus is not mentioned

the same thing with Atlantis here

the ONLY way it would be at all possible to tie Atlantis into SGU is for someone on Earth to discover information about Destiny in the Ancient database on Atlantis...... OR... if they perfected the wormhole drive and flew to Destiny to rescue them
                        but i would count the latter as a poor decision on the writers' part because, to me, Atlantis has a duty to perform in PG still: defeating the Wraith and cleaning up the mess they created way back in Season 1 by awakening them...
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
                          I agree but I think they have to be careful to only provide the information that is necessary and not overload people with extraneous information. I mean at the moment is it really necessary to know all the details about the Lucian Alliance to follow and enjoy the storyline? I don't think having their backstory adds a whole lot to knowing they're the people who attacked Icarus in the first place and were quite likely after access to Destiny, which has now been confirmed. I'm sure that over the next 2 episodes any vital information viewers need to know will be provided.
                          Exactly. They showed the new viewers a brief oveview of the Stargate system in "Air" when Eli is going through the "Daniel Jackson" videos. They provided a brief overview of the Stargates and everything surrounding them but not so much that a person would get overwhelmed.

TPTB would run the risk of disenfranchising a segment of the viewing population if they go too deep into information that only established SG viewers would be wanting. All that needs to be said about the LA, is that they are a shady rogue outfit that the SGC has had runins with before. And let future episodes show newer viewers (and established viewers) the story that they need to see at the time. Sometimes too much much information can be overwhelming.
                          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Kind of ironic that a section of the audience is going 'More stargate, more mythology' and the other is going 'TMI.' Rather like the complaints about Human where before it aired it was all, 'More action, more action' and when it aired it was, 'Did we have to have the stuff on the planet?'

There are going to be complaints either way.

Comment

More importantly, where's Jonas!!!! Give him a gun and let him do some recon!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X