Old Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Faces

Is it just me, or was it really refreshing to see Stargate Alumni back on the show? I loved how the man sent to tail rush was Daniel, and I went completely nuts when Jack ended up on Destiny. More of this please!
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
    "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

I really liked that RDA got to do some humorous stuff in this ep. For the first time in SGU, he really felt like the real Jack O'Neill.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
      Is it just me, or was it really refreshing to see Stargate Alumni back on the show? I loved how the man sent to tail rush was Daniel, and I went completely nuts when Jack ended up on Destiny. More of this please!
      I loved that as well but is not unheard off, Oneal once went to Atlantis as I recall, same with Jackson and Carter as well.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I did like seeing Jack and Daniel in the episode. But since when did Daniel start being a spy (as in following Rush and taking pictures of who he was with) with a camera and stop being an archaeologist?

I'm sure I'll enjoy next week jsut as much, as I'm going to assume those two, along with Sam Carter will be in the episode.

Comment

I know what you mean, I just wonder what kind of status Daniel has. I think that has always been a bit obscure, is he just the archaeological consultant, or is like some kind of SGC agent? He has to have had some kind of training because

he was leading those guys into a potential battle before the ship escaped.

Either way, it was great to see Jack and Daniel back, they seemed to work really well in the scenes they were in and

we even got to see the that Daniel still disagrees with Jack on some points (the look on his face when he, Young and Jack were in Homeworld Security).
          My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I did like seeing Jack and Daniel in the episode. But since when did Daniel start being a spy (as in following Rush and taking pictures of who he was with) with a camera and stop being an archaeologist?

I'm sure I'll enjoy next week jsut as much, as I'm going to assume those two, along with Sam Carter will be in the episode.
            I think they sent Daniel just because Jack knew he could trust him. Remember Young kept talking about how he didn't know how far the LA infiltration went, and he was taking a chance even telling Jack.

Perfecto!

Comment

I liked seeing Jack but Daniel was nothing short of stunt casting. His role seemed to have no purpose
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I liked seeing Jack but Daniel was nothing short of stunt casting. His role seemed to have no purpose
                Maybe, but it was nice to see him.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  Maybe, but it was nice to see him.
                  I would disagree. I find it a disgrace to main characters to appear with no purpose
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Anyone catch the bounty hunter who appeared on SG-1?

Comment

this was easily the more effective cross over SG has ever done.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                        Yeah, but it bothered me that we didn't get confirmation that it was him because this actor has played two other characters before including one since he played Odai Ventrell. I mean obviously it was him, but they should have had Kiva say his name.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                          Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          Yeah, but it bothered me that we didn't get confirmation that it was him because this actor has played two other characters before including one since he played Odai Ventrell. I mean obviously it was him, but they should have had Kiva say his name.
                          According to the IMDB cast list for the episode, the character's name was Varro. They should have kept the Odai Ventrell name, since he would likely have stayed with the Lucien Alliance after killing Netan in "Bounty".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            According to the IMDB cast list for the episode, the character's name was Varro. They should have kept the Odai Ventrell name, since he would likely have stayed with the Lucien Alliance after killing Netan in "Bounty".
                            Wow. Really? So now this guy has played four different characters, including two who could have easily been the same character? I understand they have to reuse actors occasionally, but this is ridiculous.

Perfecto!

Comment

i'm just happy walter didn't show up.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X