No announcement yet.

Heroes cancelled??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again, Like I have said before, good shows get cancelled and they keep the really $hhitty ones..
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
      again, Like I have said before, good shows get cancelled and they keep the really $hhitty ones..
      Shamefully, that seems to be the trend
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

While ive been watching Heroes since day 1, I cant say im really bumbed about the cancellation
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

After how long they made us wait after the season finale, I definitely wasn't that surprised when they canceled it. Still sucks though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Writer's strikes... Budget cuts... Actors wanting out of the show... Not a surprise it's gone haha.

The writer's strike screwed this series up, they ended season 2 in a completely different way which left character plots hanging... season 4's writers seemed to not know anything about the show.

My main problem is Claire... I don't like her, she was pointless to the story from season 3 onwards... her blood can cure death... but she let 2 people die in her arms in the last season i can't begin to understand how that big of a hole could happen.

Emma was my reasoning for watching the last season, she had potential and innocence, she was newly powered and developing what she could do... plus being a very good actress helped.

Sylar although being one of the best baddies we've seen on TV for a while his constant re-inventions of himself were to much, in any given season he changed at-least 3 times.

Ah well... comic form may be the continuation for the show.
            Flickr Account: Gallery

Comment

It was very much the Claire Bennett show after season 2, I remember reading an idea Tim Kring had before season 2 was aired about having a revolving cast each season I didnt like it at the time but now I kinda wish he had gone ahead with it, but kept a few actors like Zachary Quinto, James Kyson lee, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventigmlia and Christine Rose as guest stars, every once and awhile promoting said actors to regulars as a season requires it

You know what they say 20/20 hindsight, regardless it was still a good show, im just not as pissed off about losing this show as say L O S T, or Legend of the Seeker or 24
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 24 May 2010, 07:14 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                While ive been watching Heroes since day 1, I cant say im really bumbed about the cancellation
                Agreed. I almost found myself forcing myself to watch it by the end of the last season. It just didn't seem like there was much going on. Don't get me wrong, Samuel was a great baddie, but it just crawled along, didn't have a sense of urgency like season 1, and almost turned into a soap opera by the end. I didn't care for the Gretchen/Claire at college thread and being able to see sound seemed like a bit of a silly "power" to me.

I'd definitely also agree that the writers strike killed it. I didn't become a fan until season mid-season-2, so perhaps it's just that I was able to watch the first season and a half quickly, but it didn't feel right after the strike.

Comment

The show had no real direction beyond the first season. An end date should have been put in place early on, that way they would have benefited from having a direction later on. Instead we got a show that just kept crawling along using the same tired story lines over and over again. I think the show would have also benefited from having someone else behind the wheel, because clearly Kring doesn't know what the hell he's doing when it comes to season finales. Most season finales usually have something shocking or alot of action. In 4 season finales, we got neither especially the 4th season finale. I mean, was it to much to ask for atleast 1 epic super powered battle?

Comment

I really tried to watch season one when it came out but just couldnt get into it, then in this season Ray Park was in it, who I really like, and watched it to this day but its just caters to mush around the one baddy so thats gottin borin. I hope they liven it up and get rid of our earthbender allready.

Comment

The shortened season and especially the last season were just so bad. I was bummed when I watched those episodes after loving it so much early on. It would have been nice to get closure, but I can completely understand why this show went by by.

Comment

This series started out really strong and really pulled me in but I don't think the writers had a clear vision of where to take the show and it just kept changing course and going down hill...a big disappointment.
                        sigpic

Comment

I personally enjoyed every season of Heroes, it was one of my favorite shows to watch. The first season was definitely the best though and possibly one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            This series started out really strong and really pulled me in but I don't think the writers had a clear vision of where to take the show and it just kept changing course and going down hill...a big disappointment.

The characters were stuck in this cycle of reptition..there was no real growth or positive progress out characters like Clare or Hiro or Peter. It was just a suspended conspiracy in the last season when I think by that time many of the viewers wanted to see some real progress and action and we got the same old stupid Peter, Clare stuck in High School Fantasy land and Hiro just as clumsy and dense as ever....

The show was called "Heroes" and after all this I expected them to start acting like it.
                            And I really didn't want to see Sylar sympathized with.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I personally enjoyed every season of Heroes, it was one of my favorite shows to watch. The first season was definitely the best though and possibly one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever IMO.
                              Yes Heroes was one of the best shows ever. I just love to watch each and every episode of it.. Heroes Episodes are so amazing that i never missed any episode and i think you all will love to watch heroes like me..

Comment

Great show. Too bad they had to kill it too early like every other decent show.....

Comment

Working...
                                X