Should Greer have fired his rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Greer have fired his rifle?

While running back to the gate, firing off a couple of shots with his rifle would have been an easy way to let Scott, Eli and Chloe that he had found his way out...then again firing your rifle and drawing attention to yourself would probably go against his training.

Originally posted by bisontrooper78 View Post
    then again firing your rifle and drawing attention to yourself would probably go against his training.

Not in this case. If you know your friends could be out there and you know for a fact that no else but them are out then you want to fire your gun so they can find you. If I was Greer I would have fired my weapon...but then again, they have only a limited supply of bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      Not in this case. If you know your friends could be out there and you know for a fact that no else but them are out then you want to fire your gun so they can find you. If I was Greer I would have fired my weapon...but then again, they have only a limited supply of bullets.
      That's my thinking on it. Their supply of ammunition is limited. Also, they've already seen one life form on the planet (spiders). Who knows what other beasties shooting might bring out? The Destiny crew have to think very carefully before shooting anything, I think.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Wow, I never thought of that! I wonder what the timeline was though. For some reason I got a feeling that although they were showing scenes of the other 3 getting ready to leave, and scenes of Greer pulling himself out, concurrently... I felt like it wasn't concurrent, and they were long gone by the time he pulled himself out. But even so, he should have fired that thing.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
        X