Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbarake View Post
    I'm another person coming late to Stargate (up to Season 7 right now). Anyway, I think this episode has one of the funniest lines in all of Stargate.

Remember how Col. O'Neill had the 'womb' cut into him and then Sam and the others pull him out of the bathtub thing and put him in the sarcophagus to heal? Now they pull him out of the sarcophagus and he's appears fine but Sam asks to see his stomach. After she tells him he had a 'wound' there, he pulls his shirt aside so that she can look. So she's running her fingers over his stomach and says something like 'Amazing' (meaning how he's healed) but he looks down at her and says 'Crunches'.

I crack up every time I think of that scene...
    Yes, that's great. Don't stop after Season 8!!!!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I remember seeing this episode for the first time and not enjoying it. I cant remember exactly why but I just didn't.

But looking back on it now. Sg-1 had a lot of Go'auld Villains and I actually didn't mind Hathor. She didn't come across as deadly as Nirrti in the independent Go'auld sense but the fact that she was a Queen and thus could produce more Go'auld Larvae was an awesome thing to really introduce here into the show.

Comment

I wouldn't judge that way - I think she is as deadly as Nirrti, just in another way.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Heck more so, as she could take people's minds over with that damn dust..

Comment

The kiss of submission...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What I loved about Hathor was also her pitched voice. It must be because the actress was South African and her voice seemed.. I don't know .. more regal.

Also I watch this episode and see Teryl Rothery.. and .. I just miss her, knowing what I know about what happens to her. She brought so much to a role which was barely there at the start. I wanted them to gout of their way to find her a Sarcophagus.. and then she could of possible had the side effects of that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                So... I'm reckoning that Hathor's host was willingly taken and they have a purely symbiotic relationship...
                Two years later I'd completely forgotten I'd reached this hypothesis and thought of it again while rewatching the episode.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I had the hypothesis that she was saying "we" for the same reason that you did. It does sound like it's a rarity in Goa'ulds, though not the Tok'Ra. We know she got in trouble with Ra and that was why she was buried in the Mayan ruins. As for the idea of cross-pollination of cultures, that's not unheard of in the SG world. It was Dr. Jackson's Doctoral thesis if memory serves correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox View Post
                    I'm finally glad that Daniel got some recognition for his scientific theories. The one scientist in the beginning said how the only person that had ever thought of something like this is Daniel. I think this is one of the only times that anyone outside of the SGC comments on him being right.
                    I liked that too. I don't remember any other case of this, in the series. Even when Daniel's mentor is killed by Osiris, I didn't hear anything positive about his work. I'm more interested in the fact that the particular Mayan Archaeologist had even read Daniel's particular paper considering how just about everyone walked out on his lecture in the movie.

Comment

Based upon that page, it suggests that Vala's Goa'uld Qetesh is the same as Hathor. My guess is she is a daughter of Hathor and has her genetic memories. Which, in a way is both interesting that Daniel/Vala is a thing... and also explains his attitude toward her sexual behavior.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 October 2017, 07:32 AM. Reason: Tag edit.:)

Comment

This is actually a very disgusting episode. I mean, Hathor says she's the mother of all Goa'ulds. Do you realize what that means?! She births the little critters -- that's one visual I will take into my night. Sweet dreams to all!

<-- this is so appropriate right now.

Nevertheless, another one of my favorite episodes of season 1, because it puts Doctor Fraiser out in the field or sorts. She does look slightly ridiculous in all that combat gear, but I love her interaction with Carter and Teal'c so much.

So, Hathor has been asleep in a Mayan temple. Gets up on the wrong side of the bed and arrives at the mountain, looking for the chapa'ai and Ra, not necessiraly in that order. Ra is dead, and the stargate is off limits. But the Queen of Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll has just the perfect plan to make it all hers -- and the boys go for a spin.

The women and Teal'c mount a daring plan to save the base but cunning Hathor has all the men under her spell and they do her bidding. Yes, Daniel was raped by an Egyptian goddess -- no need to spin it any other way.
                        Jack nearly became a Jaffa, and the beautiful sarcophagus is blown to smithereens -- whose idea was that? It was so well done -- I know, I know, they build more.

Also, Doctor Janet Fraiser has a dirty, dirty, dirty mind. And she sure stuck to the airman's lips far longer than was required, if you ask me -- or he stuck to hers.

How would you rate SG-1's "Hathor?"

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair
                        Poor
                        Terrible

Excellent because it put Doctor Janet Fraiser front and center, in the middle of the action. It gave us fun character interaction, a good portion of action and adventure, also some topics like consent (Daniel and Jack gave none), and being the girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          This is actually a very disgusting episode. I mean, Hathor says she's the mother of all Goa'ulds. Do you realize what that means?! She births the little critters -- that's one visual I will take into my night. Sweet dreams to all!
                          You know, I never even considered that when I first saw it. But it was when I saw it again that I started to think about it.

Nevertheless, another one of my favorite episodes of season 1, because it puts Doctor Fraiser out in the field or sorts. She does look slightly ridiculous in all that combat gear, but I love her interaction with Carter and Teal'c so much.
                          She was a cool doc. I did enjoy her scenes...too bad they killed her

So, Hathor has been asleep in a Mayan temple. Gets up on the wrong side of the bed and arrives at the mountain, looking for the chapa'ai and Ra, not necessiraly in that order. Ra is dead, and the stargate is off limits. But the Queen of Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll has just the perfect plan to make it all hers -- and the boys go for a spin.
                          I saw this episode as a boy going through his early teens...so I was not annoyed by this episode as I have heard others say...It actually left me wanting to see more of Hathor. Oh my young impressionable hormone flooded self.
                          How would you rate SG-1's "Hathor?"

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible
                          Excellent for me too. Although that's because I was a teenage boy so it left a good impression. >.> Maybe it's more good than excellent if I had seen it at my current level of maturity. <.<
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Jigsaw coming soon, but let's start with the quiz first... Go test your knowledge of the episodes of week 5: Bloodlines, Fire and Water & Hathor.

Comment

5/15
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

LOL!! I especially like the chuckling dog emoji.

Bringing forth Hathor's jigsaw, and so we're off for a new week with three new episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X