Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:47

This image reminded me of the jigsaws we got on one of the old Stargate game sites I used to frequent.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It was corny af. But I actually love it despite the gross rape vibes and the mega 90s girl power thing.
      An argument for not necessarily sex for DNA is that you hear Hathor unzip Daniels trousers.
      I probably would like Hathor if that hadn't happened.

Comment

12:05 for the puzzle and 13/15 for the quiz

My first thought when this episode ended was "Ewwww." Then I wondered how many times Daniel took a shower after he "woke up".

General Hammond was cute when he was "lovestruck".

Good intro to Goa'uld reproduction 101. But, oh so gross!

Poor Jack, poor Daniel -- both so violated!

Sam and the other ladies taking charge--wahoo!

Janet making sure no larva was in Jack's pouch--another ewww moment.

Using the sarcophagus to heal Jack. Sam checking out Jack's stomach, and Jack replying "crunches"

I really have no opinion on Hathor herself.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          Janet making sure no larva was in Jack's pouch--another ewww moment.
          Exactly her thought as well.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          I really have no opinion on Hathor herself.
          Suanne Braun -- on twitter one of the cool kids of stargate.

Comment

Errors:

1. When Daniel shows his presentation about Hathor, it is not really the internet, just they tried to fool the viewers as the website is "file://c:/http/www/ancient" :
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x13/01.jpg
            Maybe he saved it to the local winchester...

2. Carter mentions a few goddess who played the same role like Hathor:

"this is really Daniel's field, so I'm kinda starting from scratch. This one academic webpage theorizes that a bunch of the sex goddesses from different cultures were actually all the same woman. Hathor. The Greeks identified her with Aphrodite, there's Ishtar of Babylon, Astarte of Syria, Ceres of Rome…"
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_(mythology)
            Ceres is not directly the goddess of love. She is a goddess of fertility as a goddess of agriculture. Her Greek name was Demeter and not Aphrodite. So Sam's mythological explanation is a bit wrong, because she should have said "Venus".
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(mythology)

3. Normally there is no bathin tub in ther army, only showers. There were no water taps to fill it, but since there were steps it must have been there before Hathor.

4. When Hathor stands up in the bathing tub, it was obviously a reversed scene.

5. One of the lamp can be seen in the scene where Jack attacks Hathor:
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x13/02.jpg
            My comment : it could be part of the normal lighting.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              1. When Daniel shows his presentation about Hathor, it is not really the internet, just they tried to fool the viewers as the website is "file://c:/http/www/ancient" :
              http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x13/01.jpg
              Maybe he saved it to the local winchester...
              They wouldn't have had access to the open internet at Command anyway -- too easily hacked. They would be on private servers, so it makes sense -- to me anyway.

"this is really Daniel's field, so I'm kinda starting from scratch. This one academic webpage theorizes that a bunch of the sex goddesses from different cultures were actually all the same woman. Hathor. The Greeks identified her with Aphrodite, there's Ishtar of Babylon, Astarte of Syria, Ceres of Rome…"
              Ceres is not directly the goddess of love. She is a goddess of fertility as a goddess of agriculture. Her Greek name was Demeter and not Aphrodite. So Sam's mythological explanation is a bit wrong, because she should have said "Venus".
              Look what happened to Isis/Aset...

4. When Hathor stands up in the bathing tub, it was obviously a reversed scene.
              Which was the most practical way to film that scene without having to spend thousands of dollars on special effects. I love that scene, just because it's so simply put into effect.

Comment

Honestly I have nothing wrong with that Hathor scene. They used a similar practical effect in Harry Potter 1. The roots were almost killing our heroes, but technically the crew have attached to them then the filmed how they were pulled then it was played back in reverse. Very simple and creative.

Have you noticed her symbol on her sarcophagus as well? I like such little set details.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Have you noticed her symbol on her sarcophagus as well? I like such little set details.
                  Yup, and to be fair... I love a detailed sarcophagus -- doesn't matter what model (textile fixing or otherwise).

Comment

We should have a sarcophagus collection after the throne chairs. Sorry for my little mind games.

Comment

I wonder if there are like upgrades or updates that have to be uploaded to these things.

Comment

Like swimming pool in the sarcophagus?

Comment

Errors:

To be fair, it was Daniel's field.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Puzzle: 8:08
                            Game: 13/15

Comment

Hathor = The Fairy Goa'uldmother.

Comment

Hathor = The Fairy Goa'uldmother.
                                No, she is a goddess that we must all worship so she may bless us. *Breaths in pheromones*
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X