No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Hathor will be back. She was only frozen.

Comment

The 2 other queens we have seen have not been in host and have spawned blank larvae.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        I believe Hathor will be back. She was only frozen.

I dunno.... If that was a vat of liquid nitrogen Jack tossed her into, then her body splintered into a million pieces when she hit bottom.

That being said, there are almost as many ways to bring 'Hathor' back: clone Hathor, (even-more-)evil twin Hathor, AU Hathor, time travel Hathor, holographic imaging technology Hathor, halucingenic drug-induced Hathor, dream(nightmare?) Hathor, etc.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Hathor will probably not be back, although I would love to see her again. Hathor and Nirrti would be vicous together!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            I dunno.... If that was a vat of liquid nitrogen Jack tossed her into, then her body splintered into a million pieces when she hit bottom.
            Just shovel those pieces in a sarcophagus and flip the switch she'll be fine. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
              Just shovel those pieces in a sarcophagus and flip the switch she'll be fine. lol
              ROTFLOL!
              Gracie

Comment

speaking of which doesnt this mean that one possible way to free the jaffa form the dependency from the gouald is to take the larva out and into the sarcophagus and restore their own immune system

one time would be all that is needed...so it wouldnt make them evil like it does after frequent exposure

they will be free

Comment

I doubt it would be that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient
                    speaking of which doesnt this mean that one possible way to free the jaffa form the dependency from the gouald is to take the larva out and into the sarcophagus and restore their own immune system

one time would be all that is needed...so it wouldnt make them evil like it does after frequent exposure

they will be free
                    No, the Jaffa are not(or are no longer) humans with implanted pouches, like Jack was in Hathor. The Jaffa are a race that have had a sort of evolutionary change forced upon them by the Goa'uld. Sam said something to that effect in Birthrite. The sarc recognizes that a symbiote is a natural part of the Jaffa's phsyiology.

I suppose it's within the realm of possible that one could remove a vital organ, say, the heart, and the sarc could regrow one. That would be because(I imagine) the sarc could use the body's own stem cells. But you can't grow a symbiote from Jaffa stem cells. He doesn't have the template for the Goa'uld organism in his dna. They are two seperate beings.

To sarc a Jaffa without it's symbiote would probably provide only temporary relief, as the sarc would act as the immune system for the Jaffa, but, just as a decanted Goa'uld can still die of, say, a staff blast, so too, would a decanted Jaffa be vulnerable to germs and such.

That's my theory, anyways....
                    Gracie

Comment

hahaha... I was right... Not that easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        hahaha... I was right... Not that easy...
                        hey u dont got to be mean about it but in Cure frasier talks about how the tratonie is supressing the immune system just like a symboite does to a jaffa so couldnt the sarc potentially unsuppress the immune system of the jaffa, because the device that hathor has on could be what they used to make the jaffa in the first place, because of the immune system became supressed isnt there the possibilty that it was then passed on meaning that the supressant gene is still in the jaffa, and the sarc regens genetic material and heals against alments anyway i can accept being wrong but hey it could happen

Comment

hey u dont got to be mean about it but in Cure frasier talks about how the tratonie is supressing the immune system just like a symboite does to a jaffa so couldnt the sarc potentially unsuppress the immune system of the jaffa, because the device that hathor has on could be what they used to make the jaffa in the first place, because of the immune system became supressed isnt there the possibilty that it was then passed on meaning that the supressant gene is still in the jaffa, and the sarc regens genetic material and heals against alments anyway i can accept being wrong but hey it could happen
                          The tretonin is not suppressing the Jaffa immune system, it is, basicly, the immune system. The way I understand it, Jaffa lose their own natural immune system at puberty. From then on, they are completly dependant on their symbiote, or, as of season seven, on regular injections of synthetic "ground goa'uld."

But the point is, not having an immune system is natural for a Jaffa. Humans used to have a tail. We still have a vestige of a tail - our tailbone - but no amount of time in the sarc will convince it to regrow what we evolved off. IMO, there's no reason to think that the sarc will change or de-evolve the Jaffa. <shrugs>

Should the sarc be capable of rebuilding a Jaffa's immune system? Maybe, with the proper calibrations, providing it's even possible to calibrate one of those things. But, hey, it's science fiction; anything can happen!
                          Gracie

Comment

I was just kidding around... I was not trying to be mean.

Comment

i know man chill i was kidin i'm not offended ,

Comment

you were kidding about me not kidding... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X