• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selmak
    you were kidding about me not kidding... lol
    wtf I was kidding abotu being offended

Comment

I was kidding about offending you and you were kidding about being offend?!?!?

::Gets a headache thinking about it::

Comment

I find this episode incredibly cheesy and campy, and despite some of it's creepier implications, adore it for that reason. It's I think, my favorite first season Janet episode, and TR gets to do some really great lines. That and watching Fraiser walk point was amusing.

Anyone else notice Carter's rank insignia rotate during the holding cell scenes? In the first scene it's on wrong, and it looks like someone corrected it later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          I dunno.... If that was a vat of liquid nitrogen Jack tossed her into, then her body splintered into a million pieces when she hit bottom.

That being said, there are almost as many ways to bring 'Hathor' back: clone Hathor, (even-more-)evil twin Hathor, AU Hathor, time travel Hathor, holographic imaging technology Hathor, halucingenic drug-induced Hathor, dream(nightmare?) Hathor, etc.
          Crud. Posted this wrong the first time. ANYWAY:

Cynical, aren't we?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
            Crud. Posted this wrong the first time. ANYWAY:

Cynical, aren't we?
            Huh?
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

i loved this eposode, i love Hathor. shes so sexy, i was gonna buy her outfit from ebay, but it went a little over my budget lol. bring back hathor!

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I know I'm going to get absolutely ripped to shreds for saying this, but...

Hathor happens to be one of my favorite episodes (I was so happy when they brought her back for Out of Mind!). Up until Osiris/Sarah reared its (her? his?) ugly head, female villans were decidedly lacking. Hathor may be evil, she may be the meanest witch you've ever met, but she was smart and she used her assets to achieve her goals. I'm not saying I condone her drugging and basically raping Daniel, Jack, and God knows who else, but I can at least respect her. She is not someone I would want to tangle with.

On a happier note, I do love how Janet and Sam take charge. "Briefing Room Sam" started out on the right foot, but stumbled a bit in Emancipation. This ep definitely redeemed Sam, not to mention established Janet as a steady presence on the show. As I've likely said (or posted) elsewhere, I'll take any ep where the women kick.

Comment

Huh?
                  Sorry...just thought it was funny, all the ways of bringing Hathor back. Do you just lay in bed at night dreaming those up?!

Sheesh, and I thought impending finals kept ME awake!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                    i loved this eposode, i love Hathor. shes so sexy, i was gonna buy her outfit from ebay, but it went a little over my budget lol. bring back hathor!
                    Her outfit was on eBay?! Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      I found it went beyond icky. If a man drugged a woman and then had sex with her, what would you call it? I'd call it rape. I'd apply the same thing here.
                      "Oh, you poor man," is what Daniel said when Carter tried to rape O'Neill in The Broca Divide. I suppose a similar standard could be applied to Daniel's predicament in this episode.

Originally posted by Tok'ra Hostess
                      The tretonin is not suppressing the Jaffa immune system, it is, basicly, the immune system. The way I understand it, Jaffa lose their own natural immune system at puberty. From then on, they are completly dependant on their symbiote, or, as of season seven, on regular injections of synthetic "ground goa'uld."
                      That wasn't the case in Bloodlines. Teal'c only allowed Ryac to be implanted with a symbiote because of the boy's illness. Otherwise, the episode seemed to indicate that Ryac could have gone on living without one and suffer no immune system deficiency.

It seems that Jaffa only lose immune functions AFTER the larval Gou'ald has been implanted. In O'Neill's case, he lost immune functioning immediately after receiving a pouch but the effects would have been irreversible if a Gou'ald had managed to enter the pouch. What is not clear, at least to my reckoning, is whether or not Jaffa are actually born with the pouch. If not, I don't understand why O'Neill immediately lost his immune functioning after receiving a pouch, while Ryac seemed to function fine with a pouch but without a symbiote for several hours. It's a mystery.

As for the fake looking pouch that O'Neill sports, the Jaffa pouch has ALWAYS looked suspect IMHO. I think that's why Teal'c usually finds a way to keep his concealed after the first couple of seasons.
                      Last edited by Uncle Dick; 21 September 2004, 01:44 PM. Reason: Fixed episode title
                      END OF LINE

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                        That wasn't the case in Birthright.Teal'c only allowed Ryac to be implanted with a symbiote because of the boy's illness. Otherwise, the episode seemed to indicate that Ryac could have gone on living without one and suffer no immune system deficiency.
                        umm...it was the case in Birthright(season six) The girls lost their own immune system at puberty.

In season one's Bloodlines, Teal'c thought he could save his son from implantation, only to discover that the youth was dying. Teal'c may have convinced himself that implantation or death was a lie concocted by the Goa'uld. (He'd already proved that the Goa'uld were liars in that flashback in Threshold.)

It seems that Jaffa only lose immune functions AFTER the larval Gou'ald has been implanted.
                        Have you seen season six' Birthright?

What is not clear, at least to my reckoning, is whether or not Jaffa are actually born with the pouch.
                        <nods> It's never been said on the show, thus far, but here's how I see it:

Among humans only the female can bear young, but female humans are not born with a womb. The numerous components needed to concieve and bear children grows in over time, some parts(the placenta, for example) don't appear until after an egg has been fertilized.

Just as child-bearing organs are not artificially implanted into females at puberty so that they can thereafter produce children, so too, the Priest does not(IMO) implant the pouch into the Jaffa at puberty so that s/he can thereafter incubate larvae.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

umm...it was the case in Birthright(season six) The girls lost their own immune system at puberty.

In season one's Bloodlines, Teal'c thought he could save his son from implantation, only to discover that the youth was dying. Teal'c may have convinced himself that implantation or death was a lie concocted by the Goa'uld. (He'd already proved that the Goa'uld were liars in that flashback in Threshold.)
                          He seemed pretty sure of himself, and it seems like he'd be one to know. I think it's a continuity error, at the very least (and I'm highly suspect of contradictory information presented in the lamentable 7th season of the show).

Have you seen season six' Birthright?
                          Once. It didn't impress itself upon me very well.
                          END OF LINE

Comment

Eh, I think the fact that the information DOES fit with each other and Teal'c was in the first season just figuring out exactly which things he knew were the truth and which were lies, that is far more likely than the easy out of blaming season 7.

Watch out for the plot holes, but don't create ones that aren't there just to find another reason not to like season 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              Eh, I think the fact that the information DOES fit with each other and Teal'c was in the first season just figuring out exactly which things he knew were the truth and which were lies, that is far more likely than the easy out of blaming season 7.
                              I guess I just find it highly unlikely that Teal'c, his wife and the 133 year old Jaffa Master Bra'tac would be so ignorant about their own physiology. That's not a conclusive observation, but personally, I feel more comfortable ignoring the information presented in Season 7 (as I tend to ignore other instances of gross mischaracterization during the latter seasons of SG-1).

Watch out for the plot holes, but don't create ones that aren't there just to find another reason not to like season 7.
                              My distaste for Season 7 goes far beyond this, I assure you.
                              END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                                "Oh, you poor man," is what Daniel said when Carter tried to rape O'Neill in The Broca Divide. I suppose a similar standard could be applied to Daniel's predicament in this episode.
                                Note the word *tried*. Was O'Neill ever in danger? Fending off unwanted advances from someone who is inferior to you in strength is hardly a big deal. Being forced to actually have sex despite your protestations is a very big deal indeed.

Besides, Daniel's sarky "you poor man" was in response to O'Neill saying that Carter had made a pass at him, not that he had nearly been raped. (ie even if Jack considered himself a victim of attempted rape rather than just a very rough come-on, Daniel was unaware that it was so). No way can a similar standard be applied.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X