Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Hathor (113)

Default Re: Hathor (113)

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    Just shovel those pieces in a sarcophagus and flip the switch she'll be fine. lol
    ROTFLOL!
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

speaking of which doesnt this mean that one possible way to free the jaffa form the dependency from the gouald is to take the larva out and into the sarcophagus and restore their own immune system

one time would be all that is needed...so it wouldnt make them evil like it does after frequent exposure

they will be free

I doubt it would be that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
    speaking of which doesnt this mean that one possible way to free the jaffa form the dependency from the gouald is to take the larva out and into the sarcophagus and restore their own immune system

one time would be all that is needed...so it wouldnt make them evil like it does after frequent exposure

they will be free
    No, the Jaffa are not(or are no longer) humans with implanted pouches, like Jack was in Hathor. The Jaffa are a race that have had a sort of evolutionary change forced upon them by the Goa'uld. Sam said something to that effect in Birthrite. The sarc recognizes that a symbiote is a natural part of the Jaffa's phsyiology.

I suppose it's within the realm of possible that one could remove a vital organ, say, the heart, and the sarc could regrow one. That would be because(I imagine) the sarc could use the body's own stem cells. But you can't grow a symbiote from Jaffa stem cells. He doesn't have the template for the Goa'uld organism in his dna. They are two seperate beings.

To sarc a Jaffa without it's symbiote would probably provide only temporary relief, as the sarc would act as the immune system for the Jaffa, but, just as a decanted Goa'uld can still die of, say, a staff blast, so too, would a decanted Jaffa be vulnerable to germs and such.

That's my theory, anyways....
    Gracie

hahaha... I was right... Not that easy...

hahaha... I was right... Not that easy...
    hey u dont got to be mean about it but in Cure frasier talks about how the tratonie is supressing the immune system just like a symboite does to a jaffa so couldnt the sarc potentially unsuppress the immune system of the jaffa, because the device that hathor has on could be what they used to make the jaffa in the first place, because of the immune system became supressed isnt there the possibilty that it was then passed on meaning that the supressant gene is still in the jaffa, and the sarc regens genetic material and heals against alments anyway i can accept being wrong but hey it could happen

hey u dont got to be mean about it but in Cure frasier talks about how the tratonie is supressing the immune system just like a symboite does to a jaffa so couldnt the sarc potentially unsuppress the immune system of the jaffa, because the device that hathor has on could be what they used to make the jaffa in the first place, because of the immune system became supressed isnt there the possibilty that it was then passed on meaning that the supressant gene is still in the jaffa, and the sarc regens genetic material and heals against alments anyway i can accept being wrong but hey it could happen
    The tretonin is not suppressing the Jaffa immune system, it is, basicly, the immune system. The way I understand it, Jaffa lose their own natural immune system at puberty. From then on, they are completly dependant on their symbiote, or, as of season seven, on regular injections of synthetic "ground goa'uld."

But the point is, not having an immune system is natural for a Jaffa. Humans used to have a tail. We still have a vestige of a tail - our tailbone - but no amount of time in the sarc will convince it to regrow what we evolved off. IMO, there's no reason to think that the sarc will change or de-evolve the Jaffa. <shrugs>

Should the sarc be capable of rebuilding a Jaffa's immune system? Maybe, with the proper calibrations, providing it's even possible to calibrate one of those things. But, hey, it's science fiction; anything can happen!
    Gracie

I was just kidding around... I was not trying to be mean.

i know man chill i was kidin i'm not offended ,

you were kidding about me not kidding... lol

you were kidding about me not kidding... lol
    wtf I was kidding abotu being offended

I was kidding about offending you and you were kidding about being offend?!?!?

::Gets a headache thinking about it::

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I find this episode incredibly cheesy and campy, and despite some of it's creepier implications, adore it for that reason. It's I think, my favorite first season Janet episode, and TR gets to do some really great lines. That and watching Fraiser walk point was amusing.

Anyone else notice Carter's rank insignia rotate during the holding cell scenes? In the first scene it's on wrong, and it looks like someone corrected it later on.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Quote Originally Posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    I dunno.... If that was a vat of liquid nitrogen Jack tossed her into, then her body splintered into a million pieces when she hit bottom.

That being said, there are almost as many ways to bring 'Hathor' back: clone Hathor, (even-more-)evil twin Hathor, AU Hathor, time travel Hathor, holographic imaging technology Hathor, halucingenic drug-induced Hathor, dream(nightmare?) Hathor, etc.
    Crud. Posted this wrong the first time. ANYWAY:

Cynical, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Crud. Posted this wrong the first time. ANYWAY:

Cynical, aren't we?
    Huh?
    Gracie

i loved this eposode, i love Hathor. shes so sexy, i was gonna buy her outfit from ebay, but it went a little over my budget lol. bring back hathor!

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Exclamation Re: Hathor (113)

I know I'm going to get absolutely ripped to shreds for saying this, but...

Hathor happens to be one of my favorite episodes (I was so happy when they brought her back for Out of Mind!). Up until Osiris/Sarah reared its (her? his?) ugly head, female villans were decidedly lacking. Hathor may be evil, she may be the meanest witch you've ever met, but she was smart and she used her assets to achieve her goals. I'm not saying I condone her drugging and basically raping Daniel, Jack, and God knows who else, but I can at least respect her. She is not someone I would want to tangle with.

On a happier note, I do love how Janet and Sam take charge. "Briefing Room Sam" started out on the right foot, but stumbled a bit in Emancipation. This ep definitely redeemed Sam, not to mention established Janet as a steady presence on the show. As I've likely said (or posted) elsewhere, I'll take any ep where the women kick.

Wink Re: Hathor (113)

Quote Originally Posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Huh?
    Sorry...just thought it was funny, all the ways of bringing Hathor back. Do you just lay in bed at night dreaming those up?!

Sheesh, and I thought impending finals kept ME awake!

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    i loved this eposode, i love Hathor. shes so sexy, i was gonna buy her outfit from ebay, but it went a little over my budget lol. bring back hathor!
    Her outfit was on eBay?! Cool!

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dani347
    I found it went beyond icky. If a man drugged a woman and then had sex with her, what would you call it? I'd call it rape. I'd apply the same thing here.
    "Oh, you poor man," is what Daniel said when Carter tried to rape O'Neill in The Broca Divide. I suppose a similar standard could be applied to Daniel's predicament in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok'ra Hostess
    The tretonin is not suppressing the Jaffa immune system, it is, basicly, the immune system. The way I understand it, Jaffa lose their own natural immune system at puberty. From then on, they are completly dependant on their symbiote, or, as of season seven, on regular injections of synthetic "ground goa'uld."
    That wasn't the case in Bloodlines. Teal'c only allowed Ryac to be implanted with a symbiote because of the boy's illness. Otherwise, the episode seemed to indicate that Ryac could have gone on living without one and suffer no immune system deficiency.

It seems that Jaffa only lose immune functions AFTER the larval Gou'ald has been implanted. In O'Neill's case, he lost immune functioning immediately after receiving a pouch but the effects would have been irreversible if a Gou'ald had managed to enter the pouch. What is not clear, at least to my reckoning, is whether or not Jaffa are actually born with the pouch. If not, I don't understand why O'Neill immediately lost his immune functioning after receiving a pouch, while Ryac seemed to function fine with a pouch but without a symbiote for several hours. It's a mystery.

As for the fake looking pouch that O'Neill sports, the Jaffa pouch has ALWAYS looked suspect IMHO. I think that's why Teal'c usually finds a way to keep his concealed after the first couple of seasons.
    Last edited by Uncle Dick; September 21st, 2004 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Fixed episode title

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast