Clear All

Worst Series Finale Ever

What series has the distinction of the worst finale ever

Bringing to the table:

Seinfeld
    Star Trek Voyager
    Star Trek Enterprise
    Stargate Atlantis
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Stargate Atlantis' series finale makes me ashamed of being a Stargate fan.
      sigpic

Comment

The syndicated series, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World. We'll never know if Marguerite or Challenger were rescued, both characters lives were in danger. Roxton was running from Conquistadors and Veronica was left holding the proverbial bag. It's been years and I'm still bitter and mad at how this show ended because the head producer said he wanted to get the backing for a 4th season himself and as far as I know he did diddly squat to get it.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

seinfelds ending was hilarious
          goodbye to a great tv showsigpic

Comment

Star Trek Enterprise's These are The Voyages .

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              Stargate Atlantis' series finale makes me ashamed of being a Stargate fan.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SGA
                BSG

Firefly - But only because Fox destroyed the show and cancelled it. Serenity came along though and had a good ending.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  SGA
                  BSG

Firefly - But only because Fox destroyed the show and cancelled it. Serenity came along though and had a good ending.
                  I had a hard time coming up with a 'worst' too, because the shows that have the worst finale's also seem to be either trying to cobble together a hurried slipshod ending because they're being cancelled and so haven't wrapped anything up or they are abruptly cancelled and sort of go nowhere. Firefly did come to mind. The finale wasn't bad, it just shouldn't have been a finale at that time. Serenity helped come back from that.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Ultimate force
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Stargate Atlantis definitely high up the list

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      The syndicated series, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World. We'll never know if Marguerite or Challenger were rescued, both characters lives were in danger. Roxton was running from Conquistadors and Veronica was left holding the proverbial bag. It's been years and I'm still bitter and mad at how this show ended because the head producer said he wanted to get the backing for a 4th season himself and as far as I know he did diddly squat to get it.
                      I thought I was the only person who loved that show, you missed out the ultimate bit of cliffhangeryness: the entire universe ceased to exist!!

I'm sure I remember finding somewhere the writers had written an outline explaining exactly what was going to happen during the fourth season and what was happening on the plateau.

Comment

Battlestar Galatica. Seriously? God did it? Booooring
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

BSG's finale was awesome.

I'm going with firefly, for the fact it ended before it really started, and star trek voyager which was extremely bland.........kinda like voyager in general. at least the finale to enterprise had a nice inspiring last few seconds.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

IMHO

Star Trek: Voyager
                            Star Trek: Enterprise
                            Stargate: Sg-1
                            Quantum Leap (The producers left us hanging because they tried to force a TV movie follow-up)

And any show that ended with a cliffhanger for the season, but got canceled after filming had wrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              I thought I was the only person who loved that show, you missed out the ultimate bit of cliffhangeryness: the entire universe ceased to exist!!
                              Nope I love that show, have all 3 seasons on DVD. I didn't really leave out the ultimate bit of cliffhangeryness that's what I meant by "Veronica is left holding the proverbial bag" as it was HER FAULT the universe ceased to exist.

I'm sure I remember finding somewhere the writers had written an outline explaining exactly what was going to happen during the fourth season and what was happening on the plateau.
                              I've read that summary too and as nice as it is, it is NOT A WRAP UP of the series that it deserved. I point blank asked Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens if there as anything the fans could do to help get at least a wrap up mini or something and was told, "nothing". That is why the series didn't get a wrap up and it will forever be the worst series finale EVER in my world. Any producer who thinks that their fan base can not help get backers for a wrap up is a poopyhead, imho. If Farscape fans can do it, so could the TLW fans.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X