No announcement yet.

Worst Series Finale Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they referred to it as wanting to write a "love letter to the fans."

It's amusing because, while I'm not an Enterprise fan, the impression I get was that most interpreted it as them actually writing a big "screw you" to the fans. In fact, there was one theory I read that the show runners did it as punishment for trekkies not supporting the show enough, seeing as it was canceled after only 4 seasons.

Strange how it ended up being perceived as literally the most polar opposite of what it was supposedly intended as.

That episode does sound pretty awful but as I said, not being a fan, I don't really have a visceral reaction to it. So I can't really name it as one of my most hated ones.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Jonathan Frakes basically keeps apologizing for his participation in it.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I just finished going through Voyager. I'm going to state first off that I really like the show. It is probably my favorite Star Trek; although sometimes I think I love it for the possibilities more than the actual execution. But Endgame was absolutely atrocious in oh so many ways. It now has the distinction of being the worst series finale I've ever seen.

Comment

I absolutely hated the SGU ending, as well as the Monk finale (only because it marked the end of the series)

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorseD View Post
            I absolutely hated the SGU ending, as well as the Monk finale (only because it marked the end of the series)
            True^. But the Enterprise final was very bad, and the SGA one.
            sigpic

Comment

And the "Dead Zone" final was not good, the whole season 5 was terrible!
              sigpic

Comment

i'm on board with hating the end of enterprise. i heard a bunch of theories about it, one that keeps popping up is the creators did it as a screw you to the fans for not supporting it. here is the thing, write and produce a good show, the fans will come. Enterprise was awful Star Trek and hence no one watched!

i also didn't care for the series finale of home improvement or full house. moving the entire house interstate and the kid who has amnesia...horrible!

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Originally posted by cyrusDCmonster View Post
                  i'm on board with hating the end of enterprise. i heard a bunch of theories about it, one that keeps popping up is the creators did it as a screw you to the fans for not supporting it.
                  Rick Berman described the last episode as a "valentine to the fans". Yeah, one of those weird ones that only the person who sent it thinks is nice.

Comment

For me, the Lost (a giant cork) and BSG (God did it) series finales were hugely disappointing. At least Lost was good up until the finale -- BSG started going downhill from the beginning of S4.5.

I can't really fault the finales of shows that ended on cliffhangers and then weren't renewed (Veronica Mars, The 4400, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), because that's not really the fault of the writers.

And I won't put The Event on this list because the show was pretty much a complete trainwreck after it came back from its midseason break.

Comment

Working...
                    X