Why are Earth Ships designated 30_?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Earth Ships designated 30_?

Mods, feel free to move this if this belongs elsewhere. I wasn't sure.

I can't remember, but was a reason ever given in-universe or otherwise as to why the Earth spaceships started at 301 and then kept ticking up regardless of size of ship or purpose? It might just be me, but I find it rather nonsensical that they started at 301.

1 is a car
    2 is an aeroplane
    and 3 is a spaceship

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      1 is a car
      2 is an aeroplane
      and 3 is a spaceship

Exactly!!

Comment

isnt 3 a boat?

SUPPORT PALESTINE

Comment

ok then

1 is terrestrial
          2 is aeronautical
          3 is extraterrestrial

Comment

That's a good question, I'd be interested to know if there was an official explanation.
            sigpic

Comment

Well according to wiki in the USA experimental aircraft are designated with an "X-" number. Apparently we're up to the X-55, so maybe they made it an "x-301, 302..." because it was so far away from anything else they had.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                1 is a car
                2 is an aeroplane
                and 3 is a spaceship

...where is this from?

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                Well according to wiki in the USA experimental aircraft are designated with an "X-" number. Apparently we're up to the X-55, so maybe they made it an "x-301, 302..." because it was so far away from anything else they had.
                That's probably it, although jumping to 300 is still an odd choice except I suppose for the 1 2 3 thing escyos suggested.

Comment

Typo?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                    And we really don't know how they currently designate top secret experiment aircraft, they are top secret after alll.

Comment

Because the furlings secretly told them to make it 30_, so to draw attention away from the fact that they are never scene.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                      X