Wray and Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    And also Wray, whom he calls "Camille" (finally getting back to the topic of the thread, sorry for the diversion into Rush & Young) - why her? She isn't like Eli (who as you mention is a bit like a student of his) or Chloe (with whom he shared the alien abduction experience, so maybe now they are closer).

Why does Rush call her "Camille" and why is Wray the only person on board (until the visit by Dr. Perry) to ever call Rush by his first name?
    Uh, yes of course, just forget to mention her. I still think, they consider each other as a kind of more close colleagues, even if they work in different departments. They're more or less in the same age, and Wray is not one of the military staff.
    sigpic

Comment

You guys are quick! Apparently I can't green you - feh.

But that is interesting, no? Even freaking out, it is "Colonel Young".
      Mental green is good

Exactly - what makes Rush so special? Or not special, as the case may be. I think it tells us something about how Young thinks of Rush, but I'm not totally sure what. Obviously, Rush makes him mental (see "justice") - only Telford apparently pisses Young off more.
      I think that's likely quite true of him in general. If Rush keeps people at a distance, the same can be said for Young.

And also Wray, whom he calls "Camille" (finally getting back to the topic of the thread, sorry for the diversion into Rush & Young) - why her? She isn't like Eli (who as you mention is a bit like a student of his) or Chloe (with whom he shared the alien abduction experience, so maybe now they are closer).

Why does Rush call her "Camille" and why is Wray the only person on board (until the visit by Dr. Perry) to ever call Rush by his first name?
      I do find that interesting that he calls Wray by her first name. I mean, she's neither a scientist nor a soldier, so there's that. I wonder if it's just that? Or if they are close, and for how long have they been close?
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
        I do find that interesting that he calls Wray by her first name. I mean, she's neither a scientist nor a soldier, so there's that. I wonder if it's just that? Or if they are close, and for how long have they been close?
        Maybe he views her as an equal, in the sense that they are/were both department heads back on Icarus.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          Maybe he views her as an equal, in the sense that they are/were both department heads back on Icarus.
          That was also what I thought. Maybe it's just that simple, and nothing really special about it. Maybe their behaviour was more easy going back on Icarus, than it is in between on Destiny. But, that's something we don't know.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
            I'm pretty sure I've heard Young refer to Rush when speaking to others, or when speaking directly to him, as "Dr. Rush". True, it doesn't happen all of the time, and maybe he has become merely Rush more often than Dr. Rush as the show has progressed.

regards,
            G.
            He was Rush from the start. He's rarely been Dr Rush to Young.

Comment

there is an new Kinosode where Tj and Park are talking about Rush and Mandy http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2192/index.html maybe after this Tj got to Rush and then ge went to Wray to talk to her before she will hear some rumous and then he was interruptet by Young
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, that is awesome! I especially love Dr. Park's comment at the end - I love that woman.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Yes, we need more Park.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    He was Rush from the start. He's rarely been Dr Rush to Young.
                    True that.

To my recollection, the first time we hear Young say, "Dr. Rush" is towards the end of episode two where they are sorting out away teams. Young says something about questioning whether it is a good idea to send Dr. Rush on the mission.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

I think it's quite common to drop the Dr. salutation for a PHD professional. People might get the wrong idea and think you can perform surgery or give medical advise.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        I think it's quite common to drop the Dr. salutation for a PHD professional. People might get the wrong idea and think you can perform surgery or give medical advise.
                        Not in Rush's case with Young, I think.

Comment

And why uses everyone in the show the two letters in front of everyone with those PhD's, with the excetion of Young refers to Rush (in general)? No, that's surly not the reason. There's something else with it. Btw, you'll find some posts about this above.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, that is awesome! I especially love Dr. Park's comment at the end - I love that woman.
                            me too, I love her character in this show
                            It's a great kinosode and interesting that it would be brought up. I figured when TJ came across Rush holding Perry/Wray, that there might be some fallout there. I hope this plays out in episodes
                            Anyone else cheering for Park?
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Not within academia/science. We pretty much all use the Dr. title in formal situations - after all, it is the correct title for the degree. I think the people on Destiny, given they were all working together on Icarus, know that Dr. Volker, Dr. Park, Dr. Rush, etc. are all scientists, not medical doctors.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X