Life changing experience for Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life changing experience for Chloe?

Do you think Chloe's hallcinations of her dead father will motivate her to get involved more?

When Chloe and her father where on the observation deck in FLT her father said somthing along the lines of: "We always thought you would explore the world...and here you are drifting through the universe, exploring galaxies."

And at the end, before her hallacination subsided, her father remided her of this. Anyone else think this will give Chloe the motivation to have a greater purpose on Destiny?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Pizerer; 16 May 2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: Bad grammar

yes, I think she's become even more involved (although I tend to think that she's already making quite the effort and she's always asking what she can do to help - ie: in Pain, walking down the hallway with Young). Chloe, of all of them so far, appears quite unjaded by the things they've seen and has a sense of wonder still. I think the experience with her father is only likely to strengthen that
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

What xxxevilgrinxxx said.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

It'd be nice if she gets a bit 'nuttier'.
        (kinda like Crichton in FS: started off relatively peaceful/confused, being a civilian and all, then he became more 'involved', and even started packing a gun and having a pretty long list of kills, and losing some sanity along the way )

As long as the trauma inflicted by the recent events (death of dad, abducted by smurfs, almost left behind for good, hallucinating about dad, etc.) are shown to affect her, I guess that will be fine, too.

Tho' some sanity loss, IMHO, would be cooler.
        (because showing a character recover and become stronger from that would be, IMHO, quite epic)

"Cthulhu fhtagn!"
        (heh, the last episode kinda reminded me of 'Event Horizon'...would be nice if they went w/ something like that for an episode or two )
        sigpic

Comment

I think she'll think twice about being BFF with Eli the snitch. I think Eli enjoyed pulling on her arm. It's like, yes! I finally get to touch her. lol

Comment

no cause she already involved
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I *LOVED* Christopher MacDonald in this ep. He was far from the hard-assed, yet heroic Senator he was in the pilot. Makes me all the more sad that he couldn't be a regular.

As for Chloe, I think she already tries to help out but this may prompt her to find a specialty to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                I think she'll think twice about being BFF with Eli the snitch. I think Eli enjoyed pulling on her arm. It's like, yes! I finally get to touch her. lol
                I think that is a complete mischaracterization of Eli. I think he is evolving into a proud and self sufficient person, the fact that he has been pulled out of everything he knows not just ONCE but TWICE in such a short time... The military types, the ones who signed up for the SG program and all that, they are dealing alright but they knew what might happen. Then you have Chloe and Eli who really should never have been there.

I think that characterizing Eli as pathetic and a bit stalkerific and creepy doesn't give him enough credit.

Comment

I would really rather not see anyone change a lot. I don't want another 'Daniel Jackson' syndrome where they entirely leave where they started, I think people are people and radical changes to personality and outlook are rare.

As far as Chloe becoming more involved in ship operations, she asks if they can help and all. She could become more proactive, doing more, acting as a 'free agent' more than just finding out if she's needed.

Comment

Perhaps. But the real benefits will be psychological. Chloe had her father wrenched away from her right when she needed him to be an anchor for her. Now she got a chance to deal with those issues. She got to see her father again. Far from making her nuttier, I think she'll be more stable.

Comment

if anything it was a small but great pick me up for her mood.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by TitanShadow View Post
                        I think that is a complete mischaracterization of Eli. I think he is evolving into a proud and self sufficient person.
                        I hope so. I want him to get a girl in the sack and make all geeks proud.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanShadow View Post
                          I think that characterizing Eli as pathetic and a bit stalkerific and creepy doesn't give him enough credit.
                          He's better than a geek then because I am all of the above!
                          sigpic
                          Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            I hope so. I want him to get a girl in the sack and make all geeks proud.
                            Totally, this is true. However, I think he'll wait for the right one. Being a geek there is a point in time where sex becomes less a part of your life until it is brought to the surface. Until then things seem normal and such... Then, wham, you realize how alone you are. I think we are waiting for that from Eli.

Comment

Chloe has been trying... to do her share. However, she has the least amount of useful skills of anyone on board Destiny. She wants to help. She wants to pull her own weight. I don't get folks who say she's useless or doesn't otherwise contribute.

She has asked to be put to work doing something, anything, but other than some manual labor (eg. picking fruit in "Time") and being the default body-swap person, no one has come forward and said, "Here's something you can do every day which will be of benefit to the running of the ship."

Can anyone suggest some sort of work for Chloe? There's a good fifty or so "no name" scientists, techs and soldiers who don't appear to do much of anything, although they are supposedly doing something related to their chosen fields. Should Chloe be put to work doing something one of these people could do, only not as well as they?

Someone will have to find a use for Chloe. She is not Neelix. She should not have to go around creating jobs for herself in order to stay on board. Perhaps, once they gain control of Destiny's systems she can get a job like this character: http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/p..._weaver/gq.jpg

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X