This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wreck

I anyone else here a fan of the Star Wreck movies? I couldn't find a thread so I decided to start one myself.

For those of you who don't know Star Wreck started out as a series of animated short films and in 2005 a feature lenght live action film was released, entitled Star Wreck: In the Pirkininning. It's a very good parody of Star Trek with a little B5 added to the mix. It features CGI which rivals several movies in quality, and the Imperial Edition which is available on DVD features improved CGI.

The plot of the movie is that starship Captain James B Pirk is stuck in the 21st century togehter with two of his crewmember; Commander Info, and Commander Dwarf. When something goes wrong with the timeline, Pirk decides to take matters into his own hands and ensure the foundation of P-Fleet, and continue of his mission to exploit strange new worlds, find new civilizations and try his best to conquer them. So he declares himself Emperor and he takes over the Earth using a ship strangely similar to the Enterprise-E. On their missions of exploration they eventually discover a maggot-hole in space and makes the startling discovery that there's an unknown human civilization on the other side. Naturally they decide to through to try and conquer them and this ensures a meeting with the Babel 13 space station and its commander, Captain Johnny K. Sherrypie.

I highly recommend this movie because it is extremely funny, but I should mention that it is a Finish production, with a Finish cast, luckily there are subtitles available in English, Klingon, and many other languages. You still get all the jokes with the subtitles. The film should still be availabe as a free download from the Star Wreck website, if not you can always buy the Imperial Edition on DVD, because it's worth it.

Star Wreck Imperial Edition Trailer (3:18)

Star Wreck: Imperial Edition UK Trailer (1:32)

There is also a new sci fi comedy movie in production, made by the same guy behind Star Wreck. It's called Iron Sky.

EDIT:
    I couldn't find any threads, and now two threads show up as links. I guess I should have searched the Star Trek forums, but I just assumed that the thread would be here since it's a Star Trek/B5 crossover parody.
    Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 16 May 2010, 01:33 AM.
    sigpic

I remember watching "In The Pirkining" and thought it was very funny, I haven't had the chance to watch the other stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I remember watching "In The Pirkining" and thought it was very funny, I haven't had the chance to watch the other stuff.
      Indeed, it is very funny, and while the other stuff is okay it is not as good as In The Pirkinning. However I think Iron Sky looks pretty good.
      sigpic

Comment

Iron Sky has got to be a good film, unfortunatly it is a comedy, which I dislike...

Star Wreck was great I saw it on the telly a year ago or so

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          Iron Sky has got to be a good film, unfortunatly it is a comedy, which I dislike...

Star Wreck was great I saw it on the telly a year ago or so
          What's wrong with Iron Sky being a comedy? Star Wreck was comedy and you liked that. I think it's best that Iron Sky is a comedy because the premise that the Nazis went to the moon in 1945 and are returning now, is a bit too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
          sigpic

Comment

I saw it on tv over here once and got the DVD, funny film
            You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

I remember reading Star Wreck books when I was younger....
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I remember reading Star Wreck books when I was younger....
                The Star Wreck movies and book series are completely unrelated to each other.
                sigpic

Comment

Star Wreck is wonderful, I have both the standard and the imperial editions on DVD. It's probably the first fan movie to be picked up by a big studio distributor (Universal). It doesn't even matter to me that they had to change the ships so they wouldn't look identical to copyrighted works...

Of course, it does help that I'm a Finn and obviously speak the language, but I'm always happy to see so many non-Finns enjoying this.

Can't wait for Iron Sky.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    What's wrong with Iron Sky being a comedy? Star Wreck was comedy and you liked that. I think it's best that Iron Sky is a comedy because the premise that the Nazis went to the moon in 1945 and are returning now, is a bit too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
                    I dislike comedies, especially after I have seen Inglorious *******s

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                    X