No announcement yet.

TJ/Young Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with any other show, guessing would be easy and we'd likely be right but with SGU, I've had to chuck all the rules out. Although, anytime where you have the opportunity to rip a man apart while in delivery, I'm all for that
    As for Young being there, it would really take a hell of a lot for him not to, wouldn't it? He's not exactly squeamish
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      with any other show, guessing would be easy and we'd likely be right but with SGU, I've had to chuck all the rules out. Although, anytime where you have the opportunity to rip a man apart while in delivery, I'm all for that
      As for Young being there, it would really take a hell of a lot for him not to, wouldn't it? He's not exactly squeamish
      Given that he is the ships commander. I wasn't sure if he would or not. And technically they are not a couple anymore. At least not yet again. However there is nothing to say that they will or won't get back together as a couple before or after TJ has the baby. Though my guess based on the nature of what I precieved their relationship to be previously. I doubt that they will get back together. And that they will just be co-parents to their baby.
      Last edited by SG7; 20 May 2010, 06:43 AM.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
        Given that he is the ships commander. I wasn't sure if he would or not. And technically they are not a couple anymore. At least not yet again. However there is nothing to say that they will or won't get back together as a couple before or after TJ has the baby. Though my guess based on the nature of what I precieved their relationship to be previously. I doubt that they will get back together. And that they will just be co-parents to their baby.
        I'd like them to, but I don't see them get together. Friends is good
        sigpic

Comment

I'd like them to, but I don't see them get together. Friends is good
          I was just going through the gallery of the episodes since "Faith" and when I was going through the ones for lost, my heart was melting when I was seeing the caps for when she tells him that she's pregnant. And also ones after that like in "Pain" where they are in close proximity to each other. I was almost a har away from wanting to "ship" them.

I even saw one pic of just Young where he had this very faint smile that also made me melt. I am starting to actually like Young more than I did previously
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I was just going through the gallery of the episodes since "Faith" and when I was going through the ones for lost, my heart was melting when I was seeing the caps for when she tells him that she's pregnant. And also ones after that like in "Pain" where they are in close proximity to each other. I was almost a har away from wanting to "ship" them.

I even saw one pic of just Young where he had this very faint smile that also made me melt. I am starting to actually like Young more than I did previously
            yep, I like those images too and the writers are doing a great job of making them close without making my teeth fall out from all the sugar It's kind of neat that, for all intents and purposes, they've clearly gone there and yet we;re still looking and wondering if they'll go there
            sigpic

Comment

yep, I like those images too and the writers are doing a great job of making them close without making my teeth fall out from all the sugar It's kind of neat that, for all intents and purposes, they've clearly gone there and yet we;re still looking and wondering if they'll go there
              For me, that's exactly why I enjoy the relationship between them so much. As frustrating as it can be to only get glimpses, I really think that the restraint given their storyline is a big part of why that storyline is so engaging. Plus, y'know, the fact that they're each awesome characters in their own right probably has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
                For me, that's exactly why I enjoy the relationship between them so much. As frustrating as it can be to only get glimpses, I really think that the restraint given their storyline is a big part of why that storyline is so engaging. Plus, y'know, the fact that they're each awesome characters in their own right probably has something to do with it.
                Definitely, both TJ and Young have been among my favorite characters since early in the show (along with Sgt. Greer and Dr. Rush) so that's part of what makes their scenes together so great along with AH and LF being great actors.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  Definitely, both TJ and Young have been among my favorite characters since early in the show (along with Sgt. Greer and Dr. Rush) so that's part of what makes their scenes together so great along with AH and LF being great actors.
                  Indeed! The two of them are fanominal actors. And the subtlties that one can see in their interactions is just perfect. We see Young interacting with TJ and he is displaying just enough emotion and gestures to show that deep down he cares about her and about what happens to her and the baby. But has enough restraint to not cross that boundry and "go there" again like they had initially. I'm of the impression that he is just buying his time till the opportunity presents itself to him being able to end it with his wife (or vice versa her ending it with him), before he considers getting back into a relationship with TJ. I think the two of them realized that what happened was a mistake (given he is married). And both may well want to get back into a relationship but don't want to do it until they are certian that there is no more wife in the picture for Young.

And Young has managed to show his care and concern for TJ without it being in front of everyone, but quietly when the opportunites present themselves.

And with TJ, we have seen that she hasn't expected him to do anything special for her. And has just gone about her normal work, and reassuring him that she is fine and doesn't want to be treated any differently then before she was pregnant. And has also seemed to accept that Young will be more concerned for her and the baby. And she hasn't pushed him away either.

Comment

I reckon TJ still has feelings for Young if he would stop being so high and mighty for a bit. She did stay at Icarus longer than she should have for a reason. Maybe they had goodbye sex or something lol. We could infer the timeline based on the maturity of the unborn baby.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                      I reckon TJ still has feelings for Young if he would stop being so high and mighty for a bit. She did stay at Icarus longer than she should have for a reason. Maybe they had goodbye sex or something lol. We could infer the timeline based on the maturity of the unborn baby.
                      According to Alaina, she was more pregnant in RL than TJ was to be. And she said in "Faith" that she was about 15 weeks. And in "Lost" I think I remember her telling Young that she was about 22 weeks. It sounds as if she got pregnant sometime with in a couple of weeks before leaving Icarus. Though I can't remember exactly when she said that she was to be shipping out. All I can remember ATM is that she was to be shipping out. And would have been clear across the country had they not had to suddenly evacuate the base.

I don't know if it is because he is high and mighty that she doesn't act on her feelings. I think it has more to do with her wanting to see him resolve his marital issues first. Be it him and his wife working things out and they stay together or they decide to part ways. Then once she knows where he stands in his relationship with his wife, she will then know how to proceed in her relationship with him what ever that may be. Weather it is the two of them getting back together, or him just being in her life as the father of their baby. I have never once heard her give Young any ultimatums or make any demands of him. And neither him making any demands or ultimatums to her. Sure he has made suggestions and voiced his concerns in some situations, but always heard her out. All she did was inform him that she was carrying his child. She didn't seem to be expecting anything of him either other than to acknowledge the baby as being his. And allowing him to be a part of her life in regards to her pregnancy and his child that she is carrying. And she does seem to care about what he says to her as well. As when he expresses concerns for her, she does listen to him and reassures him that she is ok and has said that she would let him know if anything is wrong with her or the baby.
                      Last edited by SG7; 20 May 2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Here's a question. When do you think that TJ will have the baby? This season or early next season?
                        I'm thinking S2.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X