Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Major

Default Re: The End, Part 2 (618)

you're free to imagine all the things they didn't give us, but disputing what was written, and shown, is silly.

Chief Master Sergeant TennisMennis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    so how much time has passed since the series finale? while i found it heartbreaking and well done (it's ALWAYS well done!!)... i find that it's depressing ending has made me not want to watch eps again.

my happy ending was them all getting off that island, ALIVE. to me, that was what the purpose of the story was about, these ppl trying to leave.

Most people don't want a simple Walt Disney ending, and I'm one of them. This ending was thought provoking and appropriate IMO. Besides, some people believe life after death in this world isn't all that bad.
    - The Truth is Out There!

Chief Master Sergeant TennisMennis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    i understand what you're saying -and what the show was saying- but the series, to me, didn't start off this way. again, to me, it was a story about a bunch of ppl stranded on a tropical island and wanted to get off.

as the series went on, all the science and mystical stuff built up, but i felt the last season decided to *just* do the mystical end, so they didn't have to explain all the massive amounts of questions they'd built up.

yeah, they got off the island, but only 'some' of them did, and some died and some continued to be stranded.

it's me, but that's not exactly my type of happy ending.
    One more thing about the ending. It obviously happened many years after Jack based on what Christian said to Jack and Hurley being in the church. (You have to assume Hurley) lived a lot longer on Earth than Jack. So, actually most people - Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Ben, Sayid - got to live much longer on Earth after Jack died.

So, it sounded like you wanted them to get off the island alive - well most of them did. And the two guys - Hurley and Ben - chose to stay on the island because they wanted to. Isnt this what you wanted?
    - The Truth is Out There!

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TennisMennis View Post
    One more thing about the ending. It obviously happened many years after Jack based on what Christian said to Jack and Hurley being in the church. (You have to assume Hurley) lived a lot longer on Earth than Jack. So, actually most people - Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Ben, Sayid - got to live much longer on Earth after Jack died.

So, it sounded like you wanted them to get off the island alive - well most of them did. And the two guys - Hurley and Ben - chose to stay on the island because they wanted to. Isnt this what you wanted?
    Sayid blow himself up on the sub.

Lieutenant Colonel

Just watched the finale again. Made me cry again.

Yeah it makes me sad too Lost didn't get a better ending.

Lieutenant Colonel warmbeachbrat's Avatar

I didn't mind the ending the first time through. Didn't totally love it, but didn't mind it. But the more time passes and the more I watch it, I like it quite a lot.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...or/leeanim.gif and Spudster made another neat one http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3658/lee1ec.gif Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilightBark.gif

Staff Sergeant

Lost is a great series. My only problem with it is that for all the foresight and detail that went into the first five seasons, the last season gives vague explanations.

I've also found that many people misunderstand the ending to mean that they were all dead the entire time rather than dying separately and the afterlife being timeless. Many also still believe it to be an alternate reality instead of a higher plane of being.

Second Lieutenant

It's the producers fault for throwing that revelation at people at the last min. Think i realised it was more than just a AR in Desmond's centric ep Happily Ever After.

I loved LOSTs ending and everything else about these show, my favorite of all. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by offworlder716 View Post
    Lost is a great series. My only problem with it is that for all the foresight and detail that went into the first five seasons, the last season gives vague explanations.

I've also found that many people misunderstand the ending to mean that they were all dead the entire time rather than dying separately and the afterlife being timeless.
    Personally I think Lost revived the sci-fi serial tv shows on broadcast while killing it at the same time due to it's average and vague ending. Not enough plots points were resolved to satisfaction. Now when you watch a show like The Event, Flashforward, etc you wonder if it will all lead to nothing.

The journey was fun but I would have appreciated more resolution since I was mainly drawn by the mystery of the show.

A little late to the party here, but I just finished the final episode so I'll share some thoughts.

I'm glad I didn't follow the show regularly when it was airing because I didn't think the ending was satisfactory enough and probably would have been disappointed that after all those years, this is all we got.

I can see what they were trying to do, and apparently according to sources, J.J Abrams had the ending planned out from the start of the show. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm sure they hadn't planned how they were going to get there.

I like the idea of leaving certain aspects of a show open ended where the viewer can draw their own conclusions. However, I think in this show, too many questions were left unanswered, especially those that have lingered on from the beginning of the show. I did care about the characters and their journey, but I was also interested in the mysteries (i.e. Why was Walt so special?).

Recently I also watched Babylon 5. This was also a show that posed more and more questions with each passing episode. The creator of the show also stated that he had it all planned out from the start. And true to his word, he delivered, as everything tied in together wonderfully in the end. It is unfortunate that most shows no longer go this route, as it is much easier to draw the masses in with more mysteries and then simply pass off the finale as open-ended due to not having any better ideas on how to conclude the whole thing.

I enjoyed the show and everything that happened, but I wish they could have avoided the BSG-style ending.

Chief Master Sergeant

LOL

well i've just now watched season 2 episode 3 and i love spoilers so i've been combing through some of these threads. All and all, I keep watching for:

As long as he's around, I'm good.

The main reason I hate this ending as the writers have lied to the audience. The fans have found out the Purgatory theory long time ago and they have sworn that won't be the answer. And what have we got? Purgatory. Congratulations. So this is the main reason LOST has still one of the worst series finale ever.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633