No announcement yet.

The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was all about people trying to escape death, the island let you esacpe death,, only if you accepted the rules.. if you played with the rules, time let you continue to live, if you tried to cheat, time caught up with you and snatched you away in death..
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
      it was all about people trying to escape death, the island let you esacpe death,, only if you accepted the rules.. if you played with the rules, time let you continue to live, if you tried to cheat, time caught up with you and snatched you away in death..

Comment

Morbo , just admit it , the show was very vague
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

except it wasn't. that's not me being stubborn either. it wasn't vague. it was pretty clear.
          it's just that most people didn't actually watch the show. they were so consumed with the mystery of the island, they completely missed the point of the show - like basically everyone in this forum.

i'll say it one more time:

the show was not about the island and it's mysteries. the show was about these people being all lost in their lives. jacob brought them to the island to see which one of them could find their purpose and become the protector of the island. the show was about exploring yourself, the deepest parts of your self, and being. in the end, jack had it. hurley had it.
          the others came close, and while they may not have ultimately fulfilled their possible destiny, they still found a purpose in their lives finally. kate had aaron. sawyer had juliet, and his revenge. sun and jin truly found each other. etc.

DO WE GET IT NOW?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            except it wasn't. that's not me being stubborn either. it wasn't vague. it was pretty clear.
            it's just that most people didn't actually watch the show. they were so consumed with the mystery of the island, they completely missed the point of the show - like basically everyone in this forum.

i'll say it one more time:

the show was not about the island and it's mysteries. the show was about these people being all lost in their lives. jacob brought them to the island to see which one of them could find their purpose and become the protector of the island. the show was about exploring yourself, the deepest parts of your self, and being. in the end, jack had it. hurley had it.
            the others came close, and while they may not have ultimately fulfilled their possible destiny, they still found a purpose in their lives finally. kate had aaron. sawyer had juliet, and his revenge. sun and jin truly found each other. etc.

DO WE GET IT NOW?
            the beauty of the show is that some of the things is left for your own imagination, there is no right or wrong.
            sigpic

Comment

you're free to imagine all the things they didn't give us, but disputing what was written, and shown, is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                so how much time has passed since the series finale? while i found it heartbreaking and well done (it's ALWAYS well done!!)... i find that it's depressing ending has made me not want to watch eps again.

my happy ending was them all getting off that island, ALIVE. to me, that was what the purpose of the story was about, these ppl trying to leave.

Most people don't want a simple Walt Disney ending, and I'm one of them. This ending was thought provoking and appropriate IMO. Besides, some people believe life after death in this world isn't all that bad.
                - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i understand what you're saying -and what the show was saying- but the series, to me, didn't start off this way. again, to me, it was a story about a bunch of ppl stranded on a tropical island and wanted to get off.

as the series went on, all the science and mystical stuff built up, but i felt the last season decided to *just* do the mystical end, so they didn't have to explain all the massive amounts of questions they'd built up.

yeah, they got off the island, but only 'some' of them did, and some died and some continued to be stranded.

it's me, but that's not exactly my type of happy ending.
                  One more thing about the ending. It obviously happened many years after Jack based on what Christian said to Jack and Hurley being in the church. (You have to assume Hurley) lived a lot longer on Earth than Jack. So, actually most people - Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Ben, Sayid - got to live much longer on Earth after Jack died.

So, it sounded like you wanted them to get off the island alive - well most of them did. And the two guys - Hurley and Ben - chose to stay on the island because they wanted to. Isnt this what you wanted?
                  - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                    One more thing about the ending. It obviously happened many years after Jack based on what Christian said to Jack and Hurley being in the church. (You have to assume Hurley) lived a lot longer on Earth than Jack. So, actually most people - Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Ben, Sayid - got to live much longer on Earth after Jack died.

So, it sounded like you wanted them to get off the island alive - well most of them did. And the two guys - Hurley and Ben - chose to stay on the island because they wanted to. Isnt this what you wanted?
                    Sayid blow himself up on the sub.

Comment

Just watched the finale again. Made me cry again.

Comment

Yeah it makes me sad too Lost didn't get a better ending.
                        My videos
                        My art
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind the ending the first time through. Didn't totally love it, but didn't mind it. But the more time passes and the more I watch it, I like it quite a lot.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Lost is a great series. My only problem with it is that for all the foresight and detail that went into the first five seasons, the last season gives vague explanations.

I've also found that many people misunderstand the ending to mean that they were all dead the entire time rather than dying separately and the afterlife being timeless. Many also still believe it to be an alternate reality instead of a higher plane of being.

Comment

It's the producers fault for throwing that revelation at people at the last min. Think i realised it was more than just a AR in Desmond's centric ep Happily Ever After.

Comment

I loved LOSTs ending and everything else about these show, my favorite of all. Hands down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X