• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End, Part 2 (618)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    THE END, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 618

Jack discovers a way the Smoke Monster can be killed, though it puts the island and everyone they love at risk. In Los Angeles friends new and old make their way to the concert, and to new revelations about their final destiny.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Special Note: This thread covers the second half of "The End," which originally aired as a single event. If you want to talk about only Part 1 of the series finale in particular, please use the thread for "The End, Part 1" instead.
    Last edited by Darren; 26 May 2010, 01:09 PM.

Wow, what an ending. I have to admit though, I wasn't as surprised as I thought I would be. I always thought them being dead was a possibility. What did you all think?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

whoa! real life strangely blending with a TV show?? I'm sort of torn over sharing this or not, but thought I would afterall.. one never knows how the tapestry of time is woven, nor sees its finished product, until the Master Weaver presents it.
      Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Wow, what an ending. ...What did you all think?
      Seriously? I thought the sideways *alternate* world was going to merge somehow with the island world, but that the sideways world (which seemed happier and more peaceful) would be the ultimate ending. In a way, it did.

On another note, this whole ending was truly symbolic and weird in timing for a relative of mine who just (recently) *Lost* her hubby -- they were newyweds. He died after seeing Lost before the ending, so he never found out how it ended. Apparently, he had an infection (some sort of toothache?) that spread to the rest of his body, but he didn't think he was sick enough to go to the doctor.. and he died also with complications from probable heart problems and sleep apnea. I'm not sure of the details other than his feet swelling up about 2 weeks before the infection got worse.

After seeing how the LOST Tv series ended, I thought all those tears my young relative cried (in real life) from after losing her hubby, her tears of "Lost"s finale theme symbolically morphing with her losing her hubby -- just started all over again -- with knowing that the whole premise behind "Lost" was about death and the *proverbial* Light at the end of the tunnel... the angel statues in the church were very symbolic too.. Wow.. even her family (in-laws) are probably moved by watching the series and losing their own...

and to make matters worse -- she had a "LOST" party in memory of (losing) him (to an illness).
      Creepy, but true. I won't find out until later in the week what happened at the memorial party -- except I can imagine, that probably everyone there (his friends went there, too) would all be crying a good portion of the night, and probably never forget their memories of him, nor be able to separate it much from the ending of this TV show, which had absolutely no connection to him at all -- unless a higher power was controlling both destinies along similar paths.. strange, but true.
      Still sort of creepy, when thinking about it all...

that's pretty profound enough.. [edit..] She is now living "Life after Lost". Wow! That's more than symbolic and a bit too much to think about right now.
      Last edited by SGalisa; 23 May 2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I always figured that the Island was some sort of purgatory and the alternate reality is where the losties would move on to in the end. It being the other way around, where the alternate reality was purgatory was surprising to me. The only purpose the bomb served was to send the 1977 losties back to 2007, it never created an alternate reality. Anyways, i'm satisfied with the end. Lost is truely a tv show i'll likely never forget.

Comment

It was interesting to say the least. There's a few questions i have like what happened to Lapids and those who took off in the plane? Kate, Sawyer, and Clare are part of the orginal castaways so are they not "dead" aswell?

Also, is everyone else on the island dead and they just don't know it? They certainly leave you with a lot to ponder form your own conclusions.

Comment

I was a little thrown by the last 10 minutes. It kinda took a few minutes to sink in - but now that it has, I think I loved it. The first 2 hrs 20 mins were incredible, though, and it puts a whole new spin on a lot of smaller scenes that either didn't register at the time or seemed to have a completely different meaning like Rose telling Jack he could let go or even a few minutes before the Jack/Christian scene where Ben and Hurley were talking about being #1 & #2 - I thought they were just talking about the memories they were seeing from the other universe.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett View Post
              It was interesting to say the least. There's a few questions i have like what happened to Lapids and those who took off in the plane? Kate, Sawyer, and Clare are part of the orginal castaways so are they not "dead" aswell?

Also, is everyone else on the island dead and they just don't know it? They certainly leave you with a lot to ponder form your own conclusions.
              That was explained when Christian told Jack "time doesn't exist here". The people that made it off the island on the plane lived the rest of their lives back in the "real world" and Ben and Hurley (and I'm assuming Desmond) lived the rest of their lives on the island and the purgatory world was a timeless place where they could all meet up and go into the afterlife (w/e that is) together.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                That was explained when Christian told Jack "time doesn't exist here". The people that made it off the island on the plane lived the rest of their lives back in the "real world" and Ben and Hurley (and I'm assuming Desmond) lived the rest of their lives on the island and the purgatory world was a timeless place where they could all meet up and go into the afterlife (w/e that is) together.
                Spot on. I was confused about this until I was thinking about when Hurley and Ben referred to themselves as #1 and 2. They were talking about the time they spent running the island after everyone else left. So at the end of the linear timeline the people left alive (ben, hurley, desmound, etc) are all alive...but will eventually die and end up in the purgatory world, back on the plane about to land with everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lehm View Post
                  Spot on. I was confused about this until I was thinking about when Hurley and Ben referred to themselves as #1 and 2. They were talking about the time they spent running the island after everyone else left. So at the end of the linear timeline the people left alive (ben, hurley, desmound, etc) are all alive...but will eventually die and end up in the purgatory world, back on the plane about to land with everyone else.
                  It makes you wonder how long they did the job. It's very likely Ben and Hurley were the last original timeline losties to die, perhaps hundreds of years after the event's in the end. Assuming Ben and Hurley got the agelessness like Richard and Jacob.

Comment

Okay, I think I'm calm enough to comment, now. I missed the first hour because I was at my aunt's funeral. I've been crying the last ten minutes of the show. But in a good way, you know? My aunt was a Christian, as am I, and her memorial service was like a home-going. The last bit at the church reminded me of the service SO much. It allowed me some sense of closure I haven't felt until now. She had a stroke last year and the last few months have been a very difficult time for her and her family, and her extended family. It hasn't seemed real and the grief I feel is somewhat lessened by knowing she is no longer suffering. We will miss her tremendously as she was a wonderful, loving, caring woman who lived a long, full, generous life.

I must admit, I started reading the thread about an hour before the finale ended. My heart sank at what I read--I didn't think I would like it at all. Which is why it was a good thing I actually watched the last hour and a half. It was emotional and satisfying and I can't wait to see the first hour!

Is anyone else staying up to watch Jimmy Kimmel?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Words can not even begin to express just how freaking angered I am about this pathetic ***ing ending. What a sad and pathetic joke this show was. Six freaking years for this answer? Talk about complete lack of imagination. So much for this being a Scifi show, ends up another Touched by an Angel/BSG ending. You know if we would have had some hint that this was some idiotic Christian sermon, I could have saved myself lots of time and money (yes, my DVDs purchased so far go to Ebay).

They simply dropped the f***g ball, the writers that is. Haven't we had enough of these idiotic endings? I think the writer's of Jacob's Ladder are owed some money for this theft. Ditto that idiotic movie with Anne Hatheway, whatever that movie was called.

You know the worst part is? I actually came up with a better ending, and had I not watched the final hour I would have been more pleased. Well I just have to say a big **** You to the writers and producer of this show, thanks for wasting six years of this POS to end it with a big **** You to the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                        Words can not even begin to express just how freaking angered I am about this pathetic ***ing ending. What a sad and pathetic joke this show was. Six freaking years for this answer? Talk about complete lack of imagination. So much for this being a Scifi show, ends up another Touched by an Angel/BSG ending. You know if we would have had some hint that this was some idiotic Christian sermon, I could have saved myself lots of time and money (yes, my DVDs purchased so far go to Ebay).

They simply dropped the f***g ball, the writers that is. Haven't we had enough of these idiotic endings? I think the writer's of Jacob's Ladder are owed some money for this theft. Ditto that idiotic movie with Anne Hatheway, whatever that movie was called.

You know the worst part is? I actually came up with a better ending, and had I not watched the final hour I would have been more pleased. Well I just have to say a big **** You to the writers and producer of this show, thanks for wasting six years of this POS to end it with a big **** You to the audience.
                        It wasn't a Christian sermon. The "church" had religious symbols from several different religions. I don't get the BSG comparison either.

Comment

One final word to summon up the series.

Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                            ... You know if we would have had some hint that this was some idiotic Christian sermon,
                            ?? I'd hardly call that a Christian ending. More along the lines of New Age or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lehm View Post
                              ?? I'd hardly call that a Christian ending. More along the lines of New Age or something similar.
                              It seems open to interpretation to me....but, yeah, not really a Christian ending.

Did anyone else think the Target commercials were hilarious?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                              X