The Lodger (3111/511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    The Series 5 soundtrack is great, and it is already out - at least it is in the UK. The track you're thinking of is called A Useful Striker, and I think it is also intended to have some musical similarity to one or two football programs here in Blighty. I can't say for sure, because I'm not a football fan (or a sports fan of any kind).
    That's brilliant! I'll definitely be going for this particular soundtrack set. The Lodger in particular had a lot of brass, like trombones. It was definitely a wee bit of a departure from some of the really serious tracks I've heard from Murray Gold in the past. That's one of the reasons I'm quite fond of this episode.
    sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode again today.. The picture in the hall is still creepy and doesn't really fit with the house.. but another thing I noticed today was the cat.. Who owns it? There was a catflap in the front door and one in the door at the top of the stairs.. So was it even a real cat or part of the alien TARDIS? And if it is a part of the alien TARDIS what does that mean for the psychic link The Doctor formed with the cat to have it spy on the man upstairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        I watched this episode again today.. The picture in the hall is still creepy and doesn't really fit with the house.. but another thing I noticed today was the cat.. Who owns it? There was a catflap in the front door and one in the door at the top of the stairs.. So was it even a real cat or part of the alien TARDIS? And if it is a part of the alien TARDIS what does that mean for the psychic link The Doctor formed with the cat to have it spy on the man upstairs?
        I'm actually listening to the series 5 soundtrack for The Lodger now and it's wonderful to listen to by itself, even without the episode. This 2-disc album is brilliant really.

I think there's more to that absolutely whacked picture in the hallway than meets the eye. Given that Craig and Sophie didn't seem to pay attention to it I thought it might've been part of the perception filter from the alien timeship. Now the cat I thought was a neighborhood stray as it didn't seem to have a collar. But then again, the kitty seemed to be too nice in quality with its fur as well as its plump and well-fed appearance to be a stray. Craig never mentioned being the own of the cat though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          I think there's more to that absolutely whacked picture in the hallway than meets the eye.
          I'm sure I remember an interview somewhere where we were told it was significant, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was with or why they said that or whether it was actually real

Comment

Cool episode and now I'm really starting to like the 11th Doctor. I would totally love to have him as a housemate, although I expect my husband would have something to say about that...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X