• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lodger (3111/511)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    THE LODGER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3111 (511)

The Doctor settles in as a flat mate to an ordinary man with girl problems, in order to study a hostile alien threat upstairs that is preventing the TARDIS from materializing.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:59 PM.

"Football, that's the one with the sticks isn't it?"

I liked this episode a lot. But boy am I having trouble not thinking about next weeks!

And a TARDIS?! Who the hell was building a TARDIS?!! The Master? The Rani? The Doctor....or The Valeyard?
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Quite a good episode
      Nice to see the Doctor trying to be human, and also nice to see the 11 Doctors again and how transferred about himself to Craig
      James Corden was quite good in this episode, better than i thought hed be, i thought he would just be cracking jokes all the time
      It also had the usual comedy element to it
      I loled at the Doctor trying to cover himself with the towl after jumping out of the shower and leaping to Craigs rescue with an electric toothbrush

But cant wait for next week!
      River Songs back and it seems like a whole load of monsters are going to be in it
      Also saw what looked like a massive army of ships in space
      Definately going to be a good 1
      Last edited by Teddybrown; 12 June 2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed this ep - especially the revelation about the flat upstairs. Seriously need to see this ep again on iPlayer...
        • Liked the Van Gogh references.
        • They're definitely plugging the previous Doctors a lot this series - I wonder if it's just Steven Moffat trying to remind people Who did not start with RTD, or if maybe there is a significant story reason for it instead.
        • Loved the Doctor being exceptionally weird ("Have some rent") and not being familiar with the time frame.
        • Ah, Daisy Haggard...always did find her extremely foxy.
        • "Can you hold please, I need to eat a biscuit."

Thread seems a little empty...I'm assuming the football is to blame. People just can't prioritise nowadays!!
        Last edited by Sealurk; 12 June 2010, 11:03 AM.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Real men don't watch football. Real men watch Doctor Who.

Anyways, adored this episode. Just terrific.

The big reveal through the Doctor headbutting Corden was brilliant.

':O YOU'RE A . . . '

'Yes, Eleven.'
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            I liked this episode a lot. But boy am I having trouble not thinking about next weeks!

And a TARDIS?! Who the hell was building a TARDIS?!! The Master? The Rani? The Doctor....or The Valeyard?
            I agree with this statement, but really it could just be taken that any advanced race from any point in time could have been trying to build it... though I hope we find out... maybe something to do with the pandorica..
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Great enjoyable, mysterious, eerie, story with some great humour! Just a joy seeing the Doctor trying to fit in to everyday life! Marvellous!

Can't believe that this is the first time since the 1987 story Time and the Rani that another TARDIS apart from the Doctor's has been seen! Wow!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I didn't really like how the doctor was so good at football, but then again he has two hearts and such so he must be in better shape than craig the overweight human slob
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Absolute laugh a minute this episode

Loved the Van Gogh references, made me smile. The Doctor's football skills; is there anything he can't do? Liked the fact his shirt was number 11.
                  And Amy found the ring! Does she remember?! It definitely looked like she had some sort of recognition of it...

Now next time looks to be very good
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Very good episode in my opinion.

Nice to see Gareth Roberts include his own past Doctors montage, even though he got most of them in the wrong order and forgot to include the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Doctors, lol.

I have got to say though, that the "other TARDIS" looks a hell of a lot better than the 11th Doctors TARDIS. Sort of has a 8th Doctor feel to it. Shame it was only seen for a couple of minutes.

Cybermen, Daleks, Sontarans, Slitheen, Chelonian, Nestene, Drahvin and Sycorax. All in the next couple of episodes. :nerdgasm:

EDIT: Woohoo! After 5 years, my 1,000th post!
                    Last edited by Billz; 12 June 2010, 12:07 PM.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                      I didn't really like how the doctor was so good at football, but then again he has two hearts and such so he must be in better shape than craig the overweight human slob
                      Time Lords are far quicker and have far faster reflexes than us humans. It's been demonstrated enough times in the past.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The fact that the Doctor was essentially immune to the time loops...would I be right in saying that this or something like this has happened before in the classic series, i.e. the Doctor being unaffected by time distortions of some description, presumably by way of his Gallifreyan biology or simply the fact that he is a time traveler?
                        sigpic

Comment

doctor for england, though doubt fifa would let us have an alien player

i quite liked this, can't wait for the last 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            The fact that the Doctor was essentially immune to the time loops...would I be right in saying that this or something like this has happened before in the classic series, i.e. the Doctor being unaffected by time distortions of some description, presumably by way of his Gallifreyan biology or simply the fact that he is a time traveler?
                            Yes, the Doctor's been immune to time related anomalies such as time loops before.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Yes, the Doctor's been immune to time related anomalies such as time loops before.
                              That's something they could just explain with the whole 'you're a time traveller now. It changes the way you see things' concept mentioned in Flesh & Stone.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X