No announcement yet.

Vincent and the Doctor (3110/510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Dr Black's/Bill Nighy's expression after he's met Van Gogh, the 'Wait...no, it couldn't be' look.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

This is by far my favorite ep of the season maybe even of the series! I have never felt so emotional in an episode before! Loved it! Im off to go see the next ep now idk how they can top it!

Comment

It was very moving when Vincent was sent to the future to the museum...that was very kind of the Doctor. Bill Nighy FTW!

Comment

My favourite painter is Van Gogh. I cried all the way through the final scenes. My favourite episode of this season.

Comment

I cried as well. Very, very moving.

Comment

from the small amount of this ep that i saw i liked it.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                It was very moving when Vincent was sent to the future to the museum...that was very kind of the Doctor. Bill Nighy FTW!
                I just finished watching this episode, actually.

It was one of the greatest things The Doctor could ever do for an artist--to show him the future and ensure him that he will be liked and remembered. It was definitely one of the Doctor's finest moments.

Tony Curran was a great choice for Van Gogh. The beard and the red hair were a big plus of course, but capturing the wild moods was brilliant.

Overall, I definitely liked this offering a lot. I didn't care for the vampires in Venice or the Silurian two-parter (a big part of that was Rory getting killed off), but this episode was brilliant.
                sigpic

Comment

good episode
                  sigpic

Comment

First awesome ep of the season
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      First awesome ep of the season
                      You mean tenth.

(what? Trying to convince you hasn't worked so now I'm going with just correcting you. )
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i liked this episode and i loved how every one thought Vincent was crazy but he just can see things others can't
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          I have to say that was some of the best acting I have ever seen in a Doctor Who episode. Tony Curran was brilliant as Van Gogh. And it is the first time a mere standalone episode of any show has almost moved me to tears.
                          I'm getting to this extremely late because of leaving really soon after it aired and forgetting to post after I got back... but you were right, LOVED IT. Favorite episode this season. And I nearly cried too... but then I also did when Rory... *sniff* ... you know.

Anyway. Great episode all around.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          I loved Dr Black's/Bill Nighy's expression after he's met Van Gogh, the 'Wait...no, it couldn't be' look.
                          I was like, "He's gonna do a double-take!!" Then he did.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          You mean tenth.

(what? Trying to convince you hasn't worked so now I'm going with just correcting you. )
                          I wouldn't say this was the first good episode, but there have been several that made me go "meh". I haven't enjoyed this season that much as a whole. It's been decent, just not great, IMO.

Edit: Post 42!! W00t!! ... sorry. Just noticed.
                          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

For those who really like the episode (like me ), here's a little bit of trivia about the episode I shared with Sealurk I thought y'all would like. If you watch Vincent and the Doctor, go to the part where Amy, the Doctor, and Vincent are at the café getting acquainted. Listen very carefully to the accordion in the background. You'll find that it's the same set of repeated notes from the track "I am the Doctor" from the series 5 soundtrack. This little bit isn't included in the official soundtrack. "I am the Doctor" has certainly popped up in many unexpected places this past season.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a shame, this was the episode I was looking forward to the most but it ended up being the second most boring episode of this series (the first being Victory of the Daleks). For me it just felt like it was replicating the formula of The Shakespeare Code. The best moments of this episode were the more dramatic and educational bits, the monster side of the story really weighed it down. I understand that the latter is what makes the series great, but i'd love to see them do an episode where it is event based rather than having the weekly obligatory monster or alien. However, the episode was brilliantly performed and I especially enjoyed Bill Nighy's presence, i've never been disappointed by a performance of his and this one is no exception. However, concerning the monster story, it was just filler - I really had no concern for it at all. Instead of getting one really strong story, we got two half-told stories.

From a point of writing, while that was mostly good, there were just some areas that it didn't work. Did they ever explain why only Van Gough could see the alien? I remember the Doctor talking to him about it but the dialogue was skimmed over very quickly. Overall, an average episode because of my anticipation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                For those who really like the episode (like me ), here's a little bit of trivia about the episode I shared with Sealurk I thought y'all would like. If you watch Vincent and the Doctor, go to the part where Amy, the Doctor, and Vincent are at the café getting acquainted. Listen very carefully to the accordion in the background. You'll find that it's the same set of repeated notes from the track "I am the Doctor" from the series 5 soundtrack. This little bit isn't included in the official soundtrack. "I am the Doctor" has certainly popped up in many unexpected places this past season.
                                It's a great piece of music and I know I'd try to use it whenever possible.. It's grand and adventurous and mischievous and light and powerful and fun and dark...a bit like the Doctor himself really.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X