Cold Blood (3109/509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    I hope Rory isnt erased because I liked him as a character and wanted to see more of him, but it is possible we could see the Angels again too
    I also hope that the Tardis doesnt get destroyed at the end of this season, its a possibility it could, but hopefully it doesnt
    Has there been any sort of hint that this could be the last season? Because it is possible that it could be like the regeneration at the end of last series that was kept under wraps (but I think it is very unlikely that this is the last season)
    I agree that it could be some sort of setup for a final episode though, but lets hope that isnt coming soon
    What? What? WHAT?! I cannot believe what I just read there! Last season? How can you even ask that? Do you want to see Doctor Who end? I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
      Since the actors are
      Spoiler:

now pushed into a three year deal (with the addition of two extra years) to avoid another Chris Eccleston moment, it's unlikely this is the last series of Doctor Who
      Good good lol
      Glad to also see that we
      Spoiler:
      will be keeping the same companion (companions if we find out Rory has survived, one can hope lol) for more than one series, not seen that since Rose (you could say Donna and Martha were also in 2 series, but they were only in 1 or 2 episodes before or after their main season)

What? What? WHAT?! I cannot believe what I just read there! Last season? How can you even ask that? Do you want to see Doctor Who end? I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that!
      I cant believe you are asking me that question lol
      A single word to those questions. No!. lol. I do not wish to see Doctor Who end
      I was just wondering that if it were its last season (and i certainly hope not) whether they had kept it very secret or hinted that it may be the end
      I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that! - Just wanted to know so i could brace myself if it was going to end lol. I like knowing beforehand whether a certain episode is the last i will see so i can enjoy it
      Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 May 2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

It's not the last season. At least one more is guaranteed.

Does the crack seen in this ep give us any more information? We know they are caused by the TARDIS exploding at some point in the future, it's probable they are related to the appearance of the TARDIS at any given location, and the time energy causes people to cease to ever have existed. Does the explosion that destroys the TARDIS therefore feed back along the TARDIS's entire timeline and entire existence then? Or is it just since it regenerated itself?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          It's not the last season. At least one more is guaranteed.

Does the crack seen in this ep give us any more information? We know they are caused by the TARDIS exploding at some point in the future, it's probable they are related to the appearance of the TARDIS at any given location, and the time energy causes people to cease to ever have existed. Does the explosion that destroys the TARDIS therefore feed back along the TARDIS's entire timeline and entire existence then? Or is it just since it regenerated itself?
          Good good, always nice to know another season of Doctor Who will come after one ends
          On the question of the cracks, I honestly think we will have to wait and see because they told us they seemed to be revolving around Amy, now another piece of the puzzle has been added with the part of the Tardis and I reckon more pieces of the puzzle will be added before the cracks storyline ends, so I think im just going to wait and see

But looking at names of episodes
          Spoiler:
          It would seem that whatever the Pandorica is, it will be opened (The Pandorica Opens) and something will make a big bang (The Big Bang), so maybe the cracks and the Tardis fragment will be resolved this season.
          Steven Moffat is writing both episodes so they should be good
          Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 May 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

How can the Dr put his hand in a crack that completely eradicates people with no bad things happening, and then have it react to Rory's body like it did?
            He did cover his hand with a hankechief or something, and there was no time energy pouring out of the crack that time (A lot like when he was playing around with back in Eleventh Hour). Eventually, after he pulled out the Tardis shard, the time energy started to come out, and that would've erased people, and did erase Rory.

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second. This show... I think it's one of those ones that'll never die. And especially not at the moment when we have a new Doctor and showrunner.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

But looking at names of episodes
              Spoiler:
              It would seem that whatever the Pandorica is, it will be opened (The Pandorica Opens) and something will make a big bang (The Big Bang), so maybe the cracks and the Tardis fragment will be resolved this season.
              Steven Moffat is writing both episodes so they should be good
              Generally,

Spoiler:
              The series arc is wrapped up at the end of the series unless Moff has some epic twist planned.

Comment

They killed Rory ! =( It is not as if I have grown attached to him or anything but I started to really like him. Also Amy forgot all about him BUT I do not think that this is the last we have seen of him. He placed Amys engagement ring in that red box and I do think that was important. All of this is gearing up to something really massive. How did the TARDIS end up being ripped to pieces in whatever lies behind that rip??? I hope Moffat won't pull an Abrahams here and deliver.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattSilver 3k;11555894]

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second. /QUOTE]

Yeah I also had to laugh at that. New fans especially from the US would of course have those qualms. Just look how US networks have cancelled shows left and right. Even shows that had good ratings. So yeha I understand the angsting from newbies.

So for those newbies: Don't worry. Doctor Who will stay around for a long, long time. It is lightyears away from being cancelled or ended.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second.
                    Originally posted by huntress View Post
                    Yeah I also had to laugh at that. New fans especially from the US would of course have those qualms. Just look how US networks have cancelled shows left and right. Even shows that had good ratings. So yeha I understand the angsting from newbies.

So for those newbies: Don't worry. Doctor Who will stay around for a long, long time. It is lightyears away from being cancelled or ended.
                    Well put. And yeah, I can understand why US fans would be jumpy and angsty over something like cancellation given how various US networks are so quick on pulling the plug on its own sci-fi shows. I echo what huntress above me says and would like to add that Doctor Who is the jewel in the crown for the BBC. It is a flagship show for them which pulls in millions of viewers and sells all sorts of merchandise which makes millions of pounds. The Guinness World Records has recognised Doctor Who
                    as the longest-running science fiction television show in the world, and as the "most successful" science fiction series of all time, in terms of its overall broadcast ratings, DVD and book sales, iTunes traffic and "illegal downloads".
                    With Matt Smith also saying he'd like to play the Doctor for many more years and with two Christmas specials, a sixth series, and a crossover appearance in spin-off show The Sarah Jane Adventures ahead of him and us...I think its safe to say that Doctor Who will continue beyond that. Besides...its Doctor Who's 50th anniversary in 2013. I can't see the BBC ending this phenomenon before then or any time soon after that.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I absoloutley loved this episode. I think it rates up there certainly with The Weeping Angels two parter.

To me it makes perfect sense how the doctor could put his hand in the crooked smile without disappearing.

Notice how the light came from the crack like tendrils as it absorbed Rory. Well you can think of that as the fire and flames attatched to an explosion. However that isn't all that happens in an explosion. As the Doctor said, there is also shrapnell. as well as something akin to a pressure wave. Both of which occur before the part of the explosion we can see. Now since this is a very slow moving explosion we can assu,e several things.

First that the crack are in fact caused by the equivalent of a pressure wave as it is that which does the initial damage in any explosion.

Second that the shrapnell is of cause from whatever is at the centre of the explosion (though that is fairly obvious) and that it will follow the "pressure wave"

Thirdly that the Light is in fact the part of the explosion we are able to see with out own two eyes. However once a hole in space and time is ripped open then it will take time for the light to catch up to it. So while you might be able to see the light, it might not actually have reached the crack yet.

Therefore the Doctor would be able to stick his hand in without anything happening. Notice how he only really started getting worried and telling amy to stand back when the tendrils of light reached rory. This was the light finally bleeding through the crack.

This can actually be backed up by the fact that the crack seems to getting bigger and brighter each time we see it. The first time we saw it was just a literal crack in the wall. Almost as if space and time had been ripped upen, but the flames of the explosion had yet to errupt.

One other thing about this episode too. I really love how they turned something that is seen as so fundementally good and pure as a mothers love for her family, and flipped it on its head to be potentially the most dangerous thing to happen to the human race.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Sweet lord of the rings that was amzing!!

Why did they kill rory? he was cool!! (although after reading some of the other posts, maybe the engagment ring will be significant). Defently a brilliant episode (close to the weeping angles but just missed out imo) and some interesting plot developments (Tardis blowing up?? WTF?)

given that the silliurans are going back into hibarnation, I really hope the come back and explore them again. They were defently cool aliens.

This is by far the best series I've seen of doctor Who, puts RTD and Tennant to shame!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                          Sweet lord of the rings that was amzing!!

Why did they kill rory? he was cool!! (although after reading some of the other posts, maybe the engagment ring will be significant). Defently a brilliant episode (close to the weeping angles but just missed out imo) and some interesting plot developments (Tardis blowing up?? WTF?)

given that the silliurans are going back into hibarnation, I really hope the come back and explore them again. They were defently cool aliens.
                          Regarding the return of the Silurians...well this story starring Matt Smith took place in 2020. Another branch of Silurians appear in the year 2084 in the story Warriors of the Deep starring Peter Davison. I recommend checking it out.

Pssst...by the way...Silurians aren't aliens. They're people of Earth like us.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Regarding the return of the Silurians...well this story starring Matt Smith took place in 2020. Another branch of Silurians appear in the year 2084 in the story Warriors of the Deep starring Peter Davison. I recommend checking it out.

Pssst...by the way...Silurians aren't aliens. They're people of Earth like us.
                            I kw the silurians arnt aliens, was simply in a bit of a rush to type it all in

The silurians in this episode got into hibarnation for a thousand years, I was talking about when they wake up in 3000ish.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                              I kw the silurians arnt aliens, was simply in a bit of a rush to type it all in

The silurians in this episode got into hibarnation for a thousand years, I was talking about when they wake up in 3000ish.
                              Okay.

Ah, right. Yes, it would be interesting to see the Doctor catch up with this branch of Silurians again and the two humans that went in to hibernation with them all those years later.

Comment

According to The Beast Below, by the 29th century, deadly solar flares will be roasting the planet. I'm sure the Earthlings will give it back then!
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X