• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Blood (3109/509)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    COLD BLOOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3109 (509)

The Doctor tries to rescue Amy and negotiate a peace between humans and the reptilian Silurians, while their military leader presses for all-out war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 04:02 PM.

Nooo Rory!!!
    Oh my Goodness, how could they kill him??
    I was starting to like him lol
    I reckon he will be back though, because they made it significant that he put the ring in the Tardis
    The cracks made another appearance, wonder how the piece of the Tardis ties in

Comment

Fantastic episode. I don't understand how..

Spoiler:
      she could forget Rory, but remember the Clerics/Monks/Priest/Soldiers.

Me thinks someone forgot about it when writing the episode.

sigpic

Comment

Well...that was great. Miles better than the first part. I was semi-right about FutureAmy and FutureRory being significant, though that wasn't exactly hard to work out.

But Rory though...he was even better in this ep, and now he's never existed?! Very sad watching the whole scene and Amy trying to remember him.

EDIT:
        Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Fantastic episode. I don't understand how..

Spoiler:
        she could forget Rory, but remember the Clerics/Monks/Priest/Soldiers.

Me thinks someone forgot about it when writing the episode.
        The Doctor said it was because

Spoiler:
        Rory was part of Amy's personal history, presumably prior to her becoming a time traveller.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

She does remember him: remember she said at the end "oh my boys" or words to that effect.
          Great episode but Rory

Comment

So...the cracks are caused by the TARDIS going ka-blooey? What causes everyone's favourite police box to explode? Is the Silurian military caste entirely female, while the scientific and apparently political castes seem to be male oriented? Why didn't the Doctor cease to exist when he stuck his hand in the crack? Will we see Rory again? Why can't I stop asking questions?
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

10/10 Very satisfying conclusion to this 2-part story! Most enjoyable! Loved it!

Was shocked at the death and erasure of Rory! I wasn't expecting that at all! And the TARDIS is going to be destroyed?! What could possibly destroy the TARDIS?! Wow oh wow!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Double cliffhanger!

Tardis go kalbloowie! Or it will, scary stuff!

And Rory!! Noooooooo! Poor poor Rory! And will Amy remember him? I hope she does because he was brilliant as a companion. A wonderful piece of acting by KG at Amy's despair there.

Next week looks interstign too
                If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                sigpic

Comment

And will Amy remember him?
                  She had forgotton him the moment she hit the ground.

Why didn't the Doctor cease to exist when he stuck his hand in the crack?
                  Things can come through the cracks without being erased, Prisoner Zero for example.

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                  She does remember him: remember she said at the end "oh my boys" or words to that effect.
                  Great episode but Rory
                  It was a general statement about boys.

Comment

Holy Shift...

Damn, first we kill Rory then erase him. Amy's "What were we talking about?" was... ouch. I didn't love the guy much, but damned it all if he wasn't a nice grounding for Amy. Killing him in Amy's Choice showed she was very despondent without him, and now erasing him to restore some sort of status quo... ouchies times a miliion.

That was a fantastic conclusion, on both counts. The Silurian stuff was well handled, though I could've done without the narrations and some of the awkward moments. But then the crack's return... I will note that it seemed to be shoehorned in out of nowhere, but the nature of the cracks suggest that is what they do. They appear to be following the Doctor, and the TARDIS is probably responsible. Again, Holy Shift.

The ride to the finale looks to be a big one! (At least Nasreen and Tony Mack got a happy ending, of sorts. First ambassadors a thousand years from now. Good on them.)

Spoiler:
                    Next week's promo with some sort of Vincent Van Gogh seeing the future or something? Hmm...
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

For some reason, I dont think its the last we have seen of Rory
                      I think somehow the engagement ring will play a part in the future because they seemed to put some emphasis on it
                      But it was definately an ouch moment when she was trying to remember Rory then 'What were we talking about' and hes erased
                      Wonder what will happen to the Tardis to make it go bang, will be interesting to see how that pans out
                      But definately will be sad if we dont see Rory again because he was a good character and I wanted to see him more

Next weeks episode looks interesting
                      Looking forward to seeing where this season is going and how it will end
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 May 2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that Rory (at least his body) ends up not erased, but just on the other side of the crack (short cut to the future?) at the point where the TARDIS meets it's end ( ). Aswell as the Clerics and Weeping Angels from "The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone". But then again, who is to say that the TARDIS dies at the end of this season? Maybe Steven Moffatt has a end episode plan involving the death of the TARDIS, similar to waht J.J. Abrams had planned for the end episode of LOST from the very beginning (which sucked IMO).
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

OK

How can the Dr put his hand in a crack that completely eradicates people with no bad things happening, and then have it react to Rory's body like it did?

I suppose I could be Time Traveller protection (it must be a huge level by now for him).

The lizard people (sorry, don't remember the name) were pretty good. Loved the interaction.
                          Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                          Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                          Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                          Song: Louder!
                          Dalek louder: Mercy!
                          Song: One more time.
                          Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            I'm willing to bet that Rory (at least his body) ends up not erased, but just on the other side of the crack (short cut to the future?) at the point where the TARDIS meets it's end ( ). Aswell as the Clerics and Weeping Angels from "The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone". But then again, who is to say that the TARDIS dies at the end of this season? Maybe Steven Moffatt has a end episode plan involving the death of the TARDIS, similar to waht J.J. Abrams had planned for the end episode of LOST from the very beginning (which sucked IMO).
                            I hope Rory isnt erased because I liked him as a character and wanted to see more of him, but it is possible we could see the Angels again too
                            I also hope that the Tardis doesnt get destroyed at the end of this season, its a possibility it could, but hopefully it doesnt
                            Has there been any sort of hint that this could be the last season? Because it is possible that it could be like the regeneration at the end of last series that was kept under wraps (but I think it is very unlikely that this is the last season)
                            I agree that it could be some sort of setup for a final episode though, but lets hope that isnt coming soon
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 May 2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Since the actors are
                              Spoiler:

now pushed into a three year deal (with the addition of two extra years) to avoid another Chris Eccleston moment, it's unlikely this is the last series of Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                              X