Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Cold Blood (3109/509)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    COLD BLOOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3109 (509)

The Doctor tries to rescue Amy and negotiate a peace between humans and the reptilian Silurians, while their military leader presses for all-out war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Default Re: Cold Blood (3109/509)

Nooo Rory!!!
    Oh my Goodness, how could they kill him??
    I was starting to like him lol
    I reckon he will be back though, because they made it significant that he put the ring in the Tardis
    The cracks made another appearance, wonder how the piece of the Tardis ties in

Fantastic episode. I don't understand how..

Spoiler:
    she could forget Rory, but remember the Clerics/Monks/Priest/Soldiers.

Me thinks someone forgot about it when writing the episode.

Well...that was great. Miles better than the first part. I was semi-right about FutureAmy and FutureRory being significant, though that wasn't exactly hard to work out.

But Rory though...he was even better in this ep, and now he's never existed?! Very sad watching the whole scene and Amy trying to remember him.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    Fantastic episode. I don't understand how..

Spoiler:
    she could forget Rory, but remember the Clerics/Monks/Priest/Soldiers.

Me thinks someone forgot about it when writing the episode.
    The Doctor said it was because

Spoiler:
    Rory was part of Amy's personal history, presumably prior to her becoming a time traveller.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Major

She does remember him: remember she said at the end "oh my boys" or words to that effect.
    Great episode but Rory

So...the cracks are caused by the TARDIS going ka-blooey? What causes everyone's favourite police box to explode? Is the Silurian military caste entirely female, while the scientific and apparently political castes seem to be male oriented? Why didn't the Doctor cease to exist when he stuck his hand in the crack? Will we see Rory again? Why can't I stop asking questions?
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

10/10 Very satisfying conclusion to this 2-part story! Most enjoyable! Loved it!

Was shocked at the death and erasure of Rory! I wasn't expecting that at all! And the TARDIS is going to be destroyed?! What could possibly destroy the TARDIS?! Wow oh wow!
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Double cliffhanger!

Tardis go kalbloowie! Or it will, scary stuff!

And Rory!! Noooooooo! Poor poor Rory! And will Amy remember him? I hope she does because he was brilliant as a companion. A wonderful piece of acting by KG at Amy's despair there.

Next week looks interstign too
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy

And will Amy remember him?
    She had forgotton him the moment she hit the ground.

Why didn't the Doctor cease to exist when he stuck his hand in the crack?
    Things can come through the cracks without being erased, Prisoner Zero for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
    She does remember him: remember she said at the end "oh my boys" or words to that effect.
    Great episode but Rory
    It was a general statement about boys.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Holy Shift...

Damn, first we kill Rory then erase him. Amy's "What were we talking about?" was... ouch. I didn't love the guy much, but damned it all if he wasn't a nice grounding for Amy. Killing him in Amy's Choice showed she was very despondent without him, and now erasing him to restore some sort of status quo... ouchies times a miliion.

That was a fantastic conclusion, on both counts. The Silurian stuff was well handled, though I could've done without the narrations and some of the awkward moments. But then the crack's return... I will note that it seemed to be shoehorned in out of nowhere, but the nature of the cracks suggest that is what they do. They appear to be following the Doctor, and the TARDIS is probably responsible. Again, Holy Shift.

The ride to the finale looks to be a big one! (At least Nasreen and Tony Mack got a happy ending, of sorts. First ambassadors a thousand years from now. Good on them.)

Spoiler:
    Next week's promo with some sort of Vincent Van Gogh seeing the future or something? Hmm...
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

For some reason, I dont think its the last we have seen of Rory
    I think somehow the engagement ring will play a part in the future because they seemed to put some emphasis on it
    But it was definately an ouch moment when she was trying to remember Rory then 'What were we talking about' and hes erased
    Wonder what will happen to the Tardis to make it go bang, will be interesting to see how that pans out
    But definately will be sad if we dont see Rory again because he was a good character and I wanted to see him more

Next weeks episode looks interesting
    Looking forward to seeing where this season is going and how it will end
    Last edited by Teddybrown; May 29th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.

I'm willing to bet that Rory (at least his body) ends up not erased, but just on the other side of the crack (short cut to the future?) at the point where the TARDIS meets it's end ( ). Aswell as the Clerics and Weeping Angels from "The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone". But then again, who is to say that the TARDIS dies at the end of this season? Maybe Steven Moffatt has a end episode plan involving the death of the TARDIS, similar to waht J.J. Abrams had planned for the end episode of LOST from the very beginning (which sucked IMO).
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Staff Sergeant

OK

How can the Dr put his hand in a crack that completely eradicates people with no bad things happening, and then have it react to Rory's body like it did?

I suppose I could be Time Traveller protection (it must be a huge level by now for him).

The lizard people (sorry, don't remember the name) were pretty good. Loved the interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Rory (at least his body) ends up not erased, but just on the other side of the crack (short cut to the future?) at the point where the TARDIS meets it's end ( ). Aswell as the Clerics and Weeping Angels from "The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone". But then again, who is to say that the TARDIS dies at the end of this season? Maybe Steven Moffatt has a end episode plan involving the death of the TARDIS, similar to waht J.J. Abrams had planned for the end episode of LOST from the very beginning (which sucked IMO).
    I hope Rory isnt erased because I liked him as a character and wanted to see more of him, but it is possible we could see the Angels again too
    I also hope that the Tardis doesnt get destroyed at the end of this season, its a possibility it could, but hopefully it doesnt
    Has there been any sort of hint that this could be the last season? Because it is possible that it could be like the regeneration at the end of last series that was kept under wraps (but I think it is very unlikely that this is the last season)
    I agree that it could be some sort of setup for a final episode though, but lets hope that isnt coming soon
    Last edited by Teddybrown; May 29th, 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Since the actors are
    Spoiler:

now pushed into a three year deal (with the addition of two extra years) to avoid another Chris Eccleston moment, it's unlikely this is the last series of Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    I hope Rory isnt erased because I liked him as a character and wanted to see more of him, but it is possible we could see the Angels again too
    I also hope that the Tardis doesnt get destroyed at the end of this season, its a possibility it could, but hopefully it doesnt
    Has there been any sort of hint that this could be the last season? Because it is possible that it could be like the regeneration at the end of last series that was kept under wraps (but I think it is very unlikely that this is the last season)
    I agree that it could be some sort of setup for a final episode though, but lets hope that isnt coming soon
    What? What? WHAT?! I cannot believe what I just read there! Last season? How can you even ask that? Do you want to see Doctor Who end? I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that!
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
    Since the actors are
    Spoiler:

now pushed into a three year deal (with the addition of two extra years) to avoid another Chris Eccleston moment, it's unlikely this is the last series of Doctor Who
    Good good lol
    Glad to also see that we
    Spoiler:
    will be keeping the same companion (companions if we find out Rory has survived, one can hope lol) for more than one series, not seen that since Rose (you could say Donna and Martha were also in 2 series, but they were only in 1 or 2 episodes before or after their main season)

What? What? WHAT?! I cannot believe what I just read there! Last season? How can you even ask that? Do you want to see Doctor Who end? I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that!
    I cant believe you are asking me that question lol
    A single word to those questions. No!. lol. I do not wish to see Doctor Who end
    I was just wondering that if it were its last season (and i certainly hope not) whether they had kept it very secret or hinted that it may be the end
    I can't believe any self-respecting Doctor Who fan would even contemplate asking that! - Just wanted to know so i could brace myself if it was going to end lol. I like knowing beforehand whether a certain episode is the last i will see so i can enjoy it
    Last edited by Teddybrown; May 29th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

It's not the last season. At least one more is guaranteed.

Does the crack seen in this ep give us any more information? We know they are caused by the TARDIS exploding at some point in the future, it's probable they are related to the appearance of the TARDIS at any given location, and the time energy causes people to cease to ever have existed. Does the explosion that destroys the TARDIS therefore feed back along the TARDIS's entire timeline and entire existence then? Or is it just since it regenerated itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    It's not the last season. At least one more is guaranteed.

Does the crack seen in this ep give us any more information? We know they are caused by the TARDIS exploding at some point in the future, it's probable they are related to the appearance of the TARDIS at any given location, and the time energy causes people to cease to ever have existed. Does the explosion that destroys the TARDIS therefore feed back along the TARDIS's entire timeline and entire existence then? Or is it just since it regenerated itself?
    Good good, always nice to know another season of Doctor Who will come after one ends
    On the question of the cracks, I honestly think we will have to wait and see because they told us they seemed to be revolving around Amy, now another piece of the puzzle has been added with the part of the Tardis and I reckon more pieces of the puzzle will be added before the cracks storyline ends, so I think im just going to wait and see

But looking at names of episodes
    Spoiler:
    It would seem that whatever the Pandorica is, it will be opened (The Pandorica Opens) and something will make a big bang (The Big Bang), so maybe the cracks and the Tardis fragment will be resolved this season.
    Steven Moffat is writing both episodes so they should be good
    Last edited by Teddybrown; May 29th, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

How can the Dr put his hand in a crack that completely eradicates people with no bad things happening, and then have it react to Rory's body like it did?
    He did cover his hand with a hankechief or something, and there was no time energy pouring out of the crack that time (A lot like when he was playing around with back in Eleventh Hour). Eventually, after he pulled out the Tardis shard, the time energy started to come out, and that would've erased people, and did erase Rory.

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second. This show... I think it's one of those ones that'll never die. And especially not at the moment when we have a new Doctor and showrunner.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast