Thoughts on the opening scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    especially if he's lying there with eyes open, sort of a clue to death.
    Sorry to go off topic but:

How is that a clue that the death was fake? It is actualy more realistic for his eyes to remain open, since when a person dies all their muscles relax.

@SupremeLegate
    Apogee Institute
    Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Honestly, When I hit play on my DVR, and saw that. I was a bit distrubed. Sex right off the bat on a scifi show. I would expect that if ShowTime still had the show, but not SyFy.

was it too graphic, I don't think so, they didn't show much, they showed just enough for an adult audience to know what was going on.
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

The thing is, the scene really isn't out of place in a show like this. People just seemed shocked since you'd never see stuff like that in SG1 or SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          This scene didn't have anything on Sha're's cooter hanging out, in my opinion.
          'cooter' ... haven't heard that one before. Coochie, yes. But cooter is new to me.

I am surprised there's even a thread discussing this scene and it's appropriateness, given you really see nothing at all other than a dude with his shirt off. They show all the other day-to-day things that go on aboard the ship - people making stills, people deciding whether to shave, people exercising, people longing after cute girls that are never going to be into them unless they lose a shedload of weight, buff-up, get a tattoo and kill a few people. So why not show people mid-coitus?

About the only thing wrong with the scene was the fact you didn't see more. Of James. Or that James didn't get a few shots in on Scott - maybe a knee to the huevos or something first. But yeah ... mostly that she didn't get the cans out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayzersoze View Post
            'cooter' ... haven't heard that one before
            A few of my female friends use it. That and "growler". That one's generally used in a derogatory manner but it's too funny not to integrate into usual usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              A few of my female friends use it. That and "growler". That one's generally used in a derogatory manner but it's too funny not to integrate into usual usage.
              Both are gold, and I want to be friends with your female friends - just for the colourful conversation that would ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayzersoze View Post
                But yeah ... mostly that she didn't get the cans out.
                Funny that in many 'normal' scenes the camera seems to give them a lot of attention but in a scene where they were more 'relevant' they were avoided. Given that the earlier part of the scene (before things turned bad) was James getting what she wanted, then perhaps she doesn't like guys mauling her chest?
                Or perhaps I'm just making things up because I wasn't paying that close attention to the scene and don't remember in detail what was actually going on beyond a lot of grunting.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  What do you mean by a joke?
                  I mean, JM was joking.

Comment

Haha. So I caught this scene on Hulu recently, and I can definitely say (as I suspected) I really didn't have a problem with it. All I could make out was a bunch of Lt. Scott's back shots, and some very clear sex sounds. Honestly though, it was pretty tame all things considered.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                      It was tasteless, inappropriate, and unnecessary.

The music was also annoying.

All the contemporary music in this episode was irritating.

The only good contemporary music was from the Series final of SG1.
                      Inappropriate for who?

TPTB have stated that this show isn't kid-friendly.

So knowing that it's not aimed at children, how is it still inappropriate?

Additionally, in a show where people are assaulted, tortured and killed (which is all accepted) but showing some human skin is inappropriate?

Comment

Secks= Goodz 4 you!

Honestly, why is everyone so offended by sex?

Comment

Working...
                        X