Thoughts on the opening scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the opening scene

Well I did this thread for air so I may as well do it again.

So what did you guys think of the opening scene with scott and James. Did you think it worked well, was it out of place. Was it too graphic? Was it not graphic enough . Would you change anything if you could. I'm curious to hear you guys opinion.
    sigpic

I found the music a little jarring, but that's just my taste. As for the visual, I don't have any problem with it - in fact I felt the intensity of it set up what was to follow really well.
    sigpic

Comment

That's a good point about the set up. And the scene doesn't bother me as much as tptb claim SGU will be a show that can be viewed by the younglings and the they brag about how eye clawing this scene will be. I think that's just dumb lol
      sigpic

Comment

I think the eye clawing thing was a joke.

Comment

I didn't think it was graphic. Suggestive, yes, but not graphic. There was no genitalia flying around, just some back and arms. Tastefully done and served a purpose in the storytelling. I didn;t find the music jarring; it fit the scene and the pair involved. Definitely not eye clawing Although I'm sure it will kick up a big old stink, LOL!
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
            I think the eye clawing thing was a joke.
            What do you mean by a joke?

I mean this was no where near as bad as the scene from Air part 3 imo. So i dont know what JM was talking about.
            sigpic

Comment

I couldn't really say. It was so dark as usual, I had to increase my TV brightness to watch the episode.

Comment

foreshadowing my honeymoon
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

As someone who has ZERO problem with nudity, profanity, or violence in my TV, even I was a bit taken aback at first. Really definitely not what I expected to see in an episode of Stargate. I don't mean that in a bad or negative way at all, just that I was a little startled by it.

I also agree with the other sentiment expressed in this thread, that the intensity of it really drummed up the intensity of what came (hurr durr) immediately after.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Given how readily James was to accept what Scott was doing I wonder if Scott hasn't been getting a little "something, something" from James from time to time.
                    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

seen worse.... (or better depending on how far in the gutter you are )

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Another useless love scene that doesnt further the plot. They couldve shown a view of the window and slowly panning til you just see the two laying on their back exhausted.

FYI, if theyre gonna show Brian J Smith topless every other episode, then i request they do the same with the girls, pick one, i dont care.

Comment

I thought it wasn't graphic enough, lolz. But when you think about how weird this is since James was hallucinating, that means she was all naked rolling around on the bed by her self.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            Tastefully done and served a purpose in the storytelling. I didn;t find the music jarring; it fit the scene and the pair involved.
                            I agree.

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            What do you mean by a joke?

I mean this was no where near as bad as the scene from Air part 3 imo. So i dont know what JM was talking about.
                            He said that people who were offended by the broom closet scene, will be clawing their eyes out because of what they had in store for 1.5. He was talking about "Pain".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              foreshadowing my honeymoon
                              without the skull splitting headache, I hope!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              I thought it wasn't graphic enough, lolz. But when you think about how weird this is since James was hallucinating, that means she was all naked rolling around on the bed by her self.
                              now there's an image
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X