What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

lets say we find a power source that can diel Destiny but only for 30s what would you send.

What do u think???

two of my ideas are 2 human made ships similar to puddle jumpers and beaming/matteer conversion tech

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
    lets say we find a power source that can diel Destiny but only for 30s what would you send.

What do u think???

two of my ideas are 2 human made ships similar to puddle jumpers and beaming/matteer conversion tech
    with supplies in them.
    An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
    A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
    And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Cigarettes Id imagine would be the crutial thing... then I suppose food and weapons and junk
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Cigarettes Id imagine would be the crutial thing... then I suppose food and weapons and junk
        nah i think everyone is long off cigarettes. supplies would be the main concern i think

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          No cigarettes There'd be no point, since they'd run out long before a way could be found to send anymore. Food (coffee), clothing, weapons, tech stuff, medical supplies, writing materials (they must be running short of papers/pencils/pens, etc. by now).

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            No cigarettes There'd be no point, since they'd run out long before a way could be found to send anymore..
            i just said that

Comment

A couple of puddle jumpers.

Within one I'd send various types of seeds for good food that would grow well on Destiny, about 2 dozen chick hens, 6 rooster chicks that way they could easily grow a healthy sustainable supply of chickens and eggs. Energy weapons of some sort, additional clothing and shoes, 30 laptop computers...

Another one full of components and fix its for anything you can think of, that way we'd have any supplies we need for future missions. Also some medical equipment and supplies would be good.
              sigpic

Comment

2 dozen chick hens
                6 roosters
                2 crates of seeds of various seeds, each different type of seed kept in different boxes witin said crates
                2 large crates of panes of naquadah enhanced trinium (for repairs)
                An incredibly large tool kit with all sorts of crap that they usualy put on Daedelus Class ships...hammers, plasma torches that sort of stuff.
                As much of the Atlantis mainframe that they can put into hard drive form
                six space suits
                20 'new' laptops
                A big ass crate of books, DVD's, CD's...anything to meet the crews psycological needs
                sigpic
                Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                Episode III: Phantasm.
                "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
                  2 dozen chick hens
                  6 roosters
                  My idea is catching on! Who doesn't want chicken and eggs?

Any other sustainable meats you guys can think off that don't require much room?
                  sigpic

Comment

Tofurkey!

Comment

You think two puddle jumpers will fit in Destiny's gate room? Even if they would fit, that's a tall order with only the 20 seconds or so you'd have left to get the first one out of the way so that the second doesn't smash into it. Then there'd be no way to get them out of the gate room until they reach a planet with a stargate that's close enough for the jumpers to reach before Destiny leaves. Then where would you store them? There's been no hanger bay or anything like that found thus far. I like the idea, but I think one jumper is all you could manage in such a short window.

Comment

Why would you want them out of the gate room again? The purpose is to have a ship on any planet with a gate that cloaks, has weapons and can shuttle an supplies instead of walking by foot on planets with small time windows.

It just depends on how much notice the crew had. If they had planned this out via the communication stones they could remove some walls and such to make room for a couple of Jumpers, but you're correct that they may only be able to fit one in there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I think they could fit 2 jumpers in there with minimal planning. Not sure how to shrink the photo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not much use for a jumper when you have 1 shuttle.

Their best bet would be to load up a palate truck of plants that can be grown aeroponicaly/hydroponicaly, ammo, weapons maintenance kits, fresh clothing, sewing supplies, and medical supplies. Maybe some livestock if they want some meat (like the sailing days of old). Also baby supplies.

Finally, some care packages would always be welcomed.

Comment

you could easy fit 2 jumpers. 1 each side. then you could send beaming/matter conversion tech with a divice like the 1 from the episode The Arc attached to it holding lots of cool stuff inside.
                              also the beaming tech could beam the jumpers out side

Comment

Working...
                              X