Technology to help Destiny SPOILERS S1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology to help Destiny SPOILERS S1

I’ve read many ideas from people regarding ways to get home; ways to interact with the ship etc. that most people either agree with or like to slate.

I’ve come up with my own stupid ideas for things that I thought could be a good source of discussion that I do not think has been mentioned yet.

All of the following ideas stem from technology that Earth already has access to, and therefore; although a little outrageous, should all be possible.

The technology I am talking about is a time machine that they have built into a puddle jumper.

Using the time machine, I can see several possibilities that could be useful.

1. Travel back in time to when the Ancients first launched Destiny. They could explain what happens in the future and get them to somehow program into the ship so that someone from Earth can control it.
    2. Travel back in time and leave supplies hidden somewhere on Destiny that the crew will eventually find. This could either be Earth weapons or even Ancient weapons.
    3. Ask the Ancients how they planned to return to Earth if they ever got on board Destiny. If it never was intended to return then they could just add some technology into the ship which would allow it to return (or even a backup plan to power the stargate to get the crew back home).
    4. Travel forward in time and hope that at some point the crew were able to get home; taking notes of how they did it, maybe they could relay these to Destiny to set the plan into action earlier.

I’m sure there’s more ways that the time machine could be used to help so any other ideas you have let’s hear them. What do people think of these ideas?

Just to say though; I don’t expect any of these to actually ever happen in the show as it would probably be stupid but the fact the SGC do have a time machine then I can’t see why any of these would not be possible.

Remember though; this has already happened in SGA. I forget which episode (I think series 1); but Dr Weir travelled back in time and met the Ancients on Atlantis to help with solving the city from being destroyed when they first arrived.

1: i doubt it's smart to go talk to ancients of the past
    2: those supplies will decay
    3: they never planned for the ship to go that far. they planned to go there long before it was out of ZPM range.
    4: what if they never get home?

a better idea would be simply sending a note back in time to alert Icarus of the impending attack, the exact date etc. the Hammond raises shields in time and it's APBW's blow the enemy to hell.

Comment

1. if someone came up to you and said that in a million years the stuff you are planning to do only gets half finished and that they are going to finish ti , would you believe them?
      2. i doubt the ancients would let you near the ship, and besides we dont knwo when it was launched
      3. Once again, why would they tell us
      4. thats a gamble

Comment

i just remembered on 2: we don't know where it was built, and if we knew about their grandest project don't you think they'd be suspicious?

besides i don't think they're gonna like us telling them they died of a plague, some ascend, others go to another galaxy and die at the hands of the wraith or ascend there.

Comment

Is this thread about any technology that could help Destiny? I would suggest something to make bullets.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

And even if we do manage to go back in time. Who is to say that we don't alter the time line making a new reality like in mobeus

Comment

One teeny weeny flaw in your plan.

When was the last time the Ancients, as a collective, helped us when we asked? All of the Ancients that helped us (Janus, Mirodin, Oma), they all helped us behind the backs of the group, or suffered for their efforts.

Comment

Good point. But you also forgot Orlan.

Comment

The best way is to go back in time to when the Lanteans were designing Project Arcturus, warn them about the failed attempt and work together to fix it.
                  Since project Arcturus is the only power-source which is nearly limitless, it should provide more than enough power to dial Destiny, as stated by Zelenka it has the power limits of our entire Universe!
                  OR
                  The Lanteans might know of way to reach the Destiny and proved us with the necessary power, if Arcturus never works?

Tain

sigpic

Comment

Or they might imprison us for knowing about their top secret missions..

Comment

Working...
                    X