This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make SGU Better

I have been watching SGU for a little while now and I have two suggestions to make this show awesome. 1. Get rid of the damn Communication Stones. 2. No more crappy music montages! (unless they involve TJ)

Those are the two thing that in MY OPINION, would make this show better.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the show better or if its good now or whatever?

It would be a start, if they kill Scott and Chloe and introduce some interesting characters to the Destiny crew. And I agree with the music montages. They are crappy, but Mallozzi already said in his blog, that they are part of the style of SGU. So I doubt they get rid of it in the next season. And I think most people hope they get rid of the stones.

Comment

{mod snip} Well with the way the ratings are going, something has to be done, if you want to see a third season...
      Last edited by KatG; 13 May 2010, 12:17 PM. Reason: quoted post removed - no longer relevant

Comment

Meh. I'm fine with it. I'd respect the kiddies up top more if they kept their course and didn't buckle, thus not changing whatever story they wanted to tell with these characters.
        Last edited by KatG; 13 May 2010, 12:15 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted - no longer relevant
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Meh. I'm fine with it. I'd respect the kiddies up top more if they kept their course and didn't buckle, thus not changing whatever story they wanted to tell with these characters.
          Agreed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Agreed.
            Personally, I'd prefer getting a third season, which probably won't happen especially if TPTB "stick to their guns", but to each his own and all of that.

Comment

Get Eli's mom, Cloe's mom and Young's wife aboard of Destiny using the stone for a week period in a special SGU episode. See them freaking out of Blue alien's attacks, getting through the stargate and the wife found out TJ pregnant Young's child would do an enough havoc and rating boost for the show.

Those 3 outside visitors must be representing viewer's perspective that has never seen a stargate show. It will be quite a challenge for writers explaining the whole thing from different angles to those 3 visitors.

Comment

Make more episodes like "'Time'', "Divided" and "Lost" + last 3 eps of the season, less eps like "Life", ''Faith" and "Sabotage"...

Can't say that I didn't enjoy ''Faith" and "Sabotage", I like drama but majority want more action and really, you can do both at the same time and have great episodes.
                - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

I think killing off one of the main characters would be a good start. Probably eWray since all she seems to have done since the series started was complain about the millitary and pine over her girlfriend. Then possibly make James a regular since she actually seems like a much more rounded member of the crew. Young, Scott and Greer seem to have adapted to life aboard destiny fairly quick so it'd be nice to see more of a millitary personality who is having alot more trouble adapting like James seems to.

Skirting away from more BSG like moments might also be good too. I mean did anyone else think of BSG when in sabotage;
                  Spoiler:
                  They were being flanked by two blue alien ships with fighters incoming and they only just entered ftl in time?
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    I think killing off one of the main characters would be a good start. Probably eWray since all she seems to have done since the series started was complain about the millitary and pine over her girlfriend. Then possibly make James a regular since she actually seems like a much more rounded member of the crew. Young, Scott and Greer seem to have adapted to life aboard destiny fairly quick so it'd be nice to see more of a millitary personality who is having alot more trouble adapting like James seems to.

Skirting away from more BSG like moments might also be good too. I mean did anyone else think of BSG when in sabotage;
                    Spoiler:
                    They were being flanked by two blue alien ships with fighters incoming and they only just entered ftl in time?
                    No.

Comment

I say kill off Scott. And preferably in a non heroic way... Something like opening an airlock and being sucked out in space by accident or something like that. Or a fearsome alien STD that kills 90% of its victims in a week.
                      Hey, that might be a good way to get rid of Eli too.

Chloe: "I understand that Scott got it from that Alien chick at the last planet, but what about Eli?!? I didn't see him having sex with any aliens!"
                      Wray: "Ehm, just let it be Chloe, won't bring him back anyways."
                      Chloe: "Maybe that horrible alien STD was also transmitted by coughing and sneezing, eh?"
                      Wray: "Well then it wouldnt be an ST... Hey yeah, I guess that makes sense. You know how eh, close they were the last week Scott was alive, sure, that's how Eli got it!"

Comment

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
                        I say kill off Scott. And preferably in a non heroic way... Something like opening an airlock and being sucked out in space by accident or something like that. Or a fearsome alien STD that kills 90% of its victims in a week.
                        Hey, that might be a good way to get rid of Eli too.
                        1) Yes, I'd vote Scott off too, just to prove that nobody is guaranteed a cushy role on the show. It'd have to be a pointless death too, in the grand scheme of things, but it'd show just how fragile life out there is, or something.
                        2) In the same stroke, promote James full time, so we actually have a "strong female lead" which they've been going on for a while about but haven't shown us too much of.
                        3) Blown out. You don't get sucked into space.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                          2) In the same stroke, promote James full time, so we actually have a "strong female lead" which they've been going on for a while about but haven't shown us too much of.
                          As of yet, Wray and TJ seems to be stronger female than James. Anyway aren't those characters supposed to be flawed (with redeeming value...I wish). Don't you remember James crying "me me me" like a baby in Air extended to the Colonel?
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            As of yet, Wray and TJ seems to be stronger female than James. Anyway aren't those characters supposed to be flawed (with redeeming value...I wish). Don't you remember James crying "me me me" like a baby in Air extended to the Colonel?
                            So far, I wouldn't call Wray a strong female, and until recently, TJ has just been a wallflower. I don't deny that James hasn't shown us too much of anything, but that is by virtue of being a glorified extra with speaking lines.

Gate writers have this nasty tendancy to make action sequences an all boys club, and James is a believably built character (i.e. unlike Wray, she is military; unlike T.J. she can go into combat situations) to use as a stepping stone to be an "action orientated female" who can get as much screentime as the boys.

Comment

Well the show started off slow in the beginning and had some issues. The 2nd half has been very good, with a good balance of action, alien encounters, cool technology, exploration, character drama, suspense, and even comic relief.

I think for the show needs to continue this balance and not get too deep into the character focus or let the character drama come from left field and it should contribute to the plot at hand.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X