Your favorite Star Trek quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite Star Trek quotes

I just heard my favorite Star Trek quote on DS9 on Spike.

Worf: "Constable, Why are you talking to your beverage?"
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Worf: This is a warrior's drink! (speaking of prune juice)

Comment

These 2 speeches by Archer still sends chills down my spine:

From "Azati Prime":

I've always been much better at avoiding farewells than at giving them, so I'm not even going to try. But I'm going to ask you all to think back to the day when this ship was first launched. We were explorers then. When all of this is over, when Earth is safe, I want you to get back to that job. There are 400 billion stars in our galaxy. We've only explored a tiny fraction. You have a lot of work to do. Of all the captains who will sit in this chair, I can't imagine any of them being more proud than I am right now.
      From (strangely enough) "Terra Prime":

Up until about a hundred years ago, there was one question that burned in every human, that made us study the stars and dream of traveling to them, "Are we alone?" Our generation is privileged to know the answer to that question. We are all explorers, driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores. And yet, the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us...woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other. The final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together.

Comment

"Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." -- Kirk (Elaan of Troyius)

"Now this is a drink for a man." -- Scott
        "Scotch?" -- Chekov
        "Aye." -- Scott
        "It vas inwented by a little old lady in Lenningrad." -- Chekov (The Trouble With Tribbles)

"Who's been holding up the damn elevator?" -- McCoy (Star Trek II)

"Where are we going?" -- McCoy
        "Where they went." -- Kirk
        "What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy
        "Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk (Star Trek II)

"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper." -- Spock (Star Trek II)

"You're suffering from a Vulcan Mind Meld, Doctor." -- Kirk
        "That green-blooded Son of a *****. It's his revenge for all those arguments he lost." -- McCoy (Star Trek III)

"Guess who's coming to dinner" -- Chekov (Star Trek VI)

"Ahh, Mr. Scott, I understand you're having difficulty with the warp drive. How much time do you require for repair?" -- Spock
        "There's nothing wrong with the bloody thing!" -- Scotty
        "Mr. Scott, if we return to Spacedock, the assassins will surely find a way to dispose of their incriminating footwear, and we will never see the captain, or Dr. McCoy, alive again" -- Spock
        "Could take weeks, sir" -- Scotty
        "Thank you, Mr. Scott" -- Spock (Star Trek VI)

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI)
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 June 2006, 07:45 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Eaten any good books lately?" -- Q to Worf (Deja-Q)

"You're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard." -- Q to Riker (Deja-Q)

"I am NOT a merry man!!!" -- Worf (Qpid)

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q (Q Who?)

"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
          "I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

"Some of the colonists objected to having an anatomically correct android running around without any clothes on" -- Juliana Soong (Inheritance)

"Starfleet reports it has engaged the Borg at Wolf 359, sir" -- Data (The Best of Both Worlds II)

"There are four lights!" -- Picard (Chain of Command, Part 2)

"Now that they're aware of your existence..." -- Guinan
          *pause*
          "They will be coming..." -- Picard (Q Who)

"They say time is the fire in which we burn..." -- Dr. Soran (Star Trek: Generations)

"I hate this! It is revolting!" -- Data
          "More?" -- Guinan
          "Please" -- Data (Star Trek: Generations)

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" -- Picard, to Lily (Star Trek: First Contact)
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Rom's an idiot. He couldn't fix a straw if it was bent." -- Odo, to Quark (Babel)

"Just be careful." -- Sisko
            "Commander, there is no careful way to question a Klingon." -- Odo (Visionary)

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak (Improbable Cause)

"I see I'm going to have to add the word pickpocket to your resume." -- Odo
            "It's only a hobby." -- Garak (Things Past)

Comment

There are so many, but only a couple come to mind now,

Bashir:...of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?
              Garak: My dear doctor, they're all true.
              Bashir: Even the lies?
              Garak: Especially the lies.
              From 'The Wire'

"ASSIMILATE THIS!" - Worf (First Contact)
              I always liked that line, seemed so right at the time.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
              Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
              Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                "They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" -- Picard, to Lily (Star Trek: First Contact)
                I'm watching that movie right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
                  "ASSIMILATE THIS!" - Worf (First Contact)
                  I always liked that line, seemed so right at the time.
                  Again, I'm watching the movie right now!

Comment

"Hey! Watch your kaboose Dix" Lily to Picard

hehehehe Lily was so much fun.

"You told him about the statue?!"

First Contact is the best of the movies I love it!
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Dr Mcoy: I'm a doctor not a bricklayer.

EMH:I'm a doctor not a door stop.

from first contact 1 of the best.
                      sigpic

Comment

Scotty; "Aye, i know this ship like the back of my hand (bangs head on ceiling)

and

Spock:Its morse code
                        Kirk: What does it say?
                        All: Stand back!

Scotty: "Quick hurry, don't you know jail break when you see one!"
                        (Star trek: the final frontier)

picard; "You're a starfleet officer...."
                        Kirk: "oh please, i was out saving the galaxy while your grandfather was in diapers."
                        (Startrek Generations)

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Yeah that was clasic
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                            "Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." -- Kirk (Elaan of Troyius)
                            I love it! It's so perfect.

Comment

"Eve as in Adam?"
                              "As in all ship doctors are dirty old men."
                              --Boyce and Pike; "The Cage"

"Why, Mister Spock. You do have one saving grace after all--you're ill-mannered."
                              --Trelane; "The Squire of Gothos"

"Threats are illogical. And payment usually expensive."
                              --Sarek; "Journey to Babel"

"We need no urging to hate Humans."
                              --Kang; "Day of the Dove"

"They probably redisigned the whole sickbay, too. I know engineers. They love to change things."
                              --McCoy; The Motion Picture

"Kirk. You're still alive, my old friend."
                              "Still. Old. Friend. You've just about managed to kill everyone else, but, like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target!"
                              "I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity at the center of a dead planet, buried alive. Buried alive."
                              "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!! KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!"
                              --Khan and Kirk; The Wrath of Khan

"Transwarp maximum velocity in 5...4...3...2...1."
                              --Excelsior Computer, just before their sabotaged ship comes to a full stop; The Search For Spock

"What does it mean, 'exact change'?"
                              --Spock, after he and Kirk are kicked off an exact-change bus; The Voyage Home

"How many times do I have to tell you! The right tools for the right job!"
                              --Scotty; The Final Frontier

"Captain's Log. Stardate: 9529.1. This is the final cruise of the starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun. And journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man...where no one...has gone before."
                              --Kirk's final log entry; The Undiscovered Country
                              Last edited by McClance; 12 July 2006, 02:31 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                              X