This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know what the original...

hi, its my first post here, so id like to say hello to ppl here, so my question was if anyone knew what was the original idea for stargate as envisioned by roland emmerich and dean devlin?

i know they wanted to make stargate a trilogy but did they give up totaly on that idea or did they ever publish them as books maybe?

thanks if anyone knows

I read something about this recently, I'll see if I can find a link.

Oh and welcome captianspiffy, I'm quite new here myself.

Devlin on the film trilogy not to be

Comment

There are a few cannon movie related books, that deal with the movie, and negate the series. The serie negates these books. The series also negates SG: INFINITY.

The books can be found here: http://gateworld.net/books/index.shtml

All the ones that start with RE are the books that take place after the movie. And before the series. But like I said, the series negates these as ever exsisting.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yea, i read something about that on Gateworld a while back. Whether it was in reference to books that were written, or ideas that never got made...
        Take a look through their back stories, if they have them.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
        DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

It would have been cool to see those movies.
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

At a convention where Dean was promoing 'eight Legged Freaks', he noted there were plans for another movie with Spader/Russell. However, MGM had control and created SG-1. And while Dean was NOT pleased with the idea, he is happy to know his idea has lasted (now) eight years and a spin-off.

Bottom line Dean is the man.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I had heard the original PTB didn't want a series made out of the movie and don't like SG-1 at all.
              Welcome Captianspiffy to the home of all proper SG fans
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Does anyone know where we can find concept art of the Stargate? Did they always plan on making it O'ish

Comment

I don't know. I would be pretty stoked on what has happened to Stargate. I definitely think RDA is way better than Russel. Actually, I don't even like Russel as an actor.
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

emmerich and devlin had big plans for stargate and are said to be very angry about the direction that the series has taken.
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      emmerich and devlin had big plans for stargate and are said to be very angry about the direction that the series has taken.
                      That's too bad. I consider Stargate to be some of the best Sci-Fi ever to air on TV, up there with Farscape, Babylon 5, and IMO the new Battlestar Galactica. Hmmm, it seems all my favourite Sci-Fi is quite recent, perhaps I should watch some older stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One
                        That's too bad. I consider Stargate to be some of the best Sci-Fi ever to air on TV, up there with Farscape, Babylon 5, and IMO the new Battlestar Galactica. Hmmm, it seems all my favourite Sci-Fi is quite recent, perhaps I should watch some older stuff.
                        they dont seem to agree - if you look at the differences in the show and movie i think that you can see what they intended well sortof
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Working...
                        X