Sabotage: 3 Weeks Later...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabotage: 3 Weeks Later...

So, Destiny begins to leave the galaxy. Two days later, a mishap with the communication stones gives the blue aliens brief access to Destiny, sabotaging the hyperdrive engine to prevent Destiny from escaping, and presumably broadcasting/learning the location of the ship.

We know that the aliens are guarding the gate on the planet that Eli/Chloe/Scott left from, and James is having weird dreams/nightmares.

Now THREE WEEKS go by... then, all at once, the crew finally realizes they were sabotaged, starts preparing for the blue aliens to attack, and the enemy ships drop out of FTL right on cue.

...NOBODY said "hey, wait, they haven't attacked us in three weeks, so why should we be now expecting them to attack at any moment? Obviously they don't know where we are, or they would have already attacked us by now." (?)

I'm just slightly baffled at why it took *everybody* (crew and blue aliens alike) exactly three weeks to respond to the events at the beginning of the episode? I mean, events would have flowed naturally *without* the three week break, but *with* it... everything makes a whole lot less sense to me.

Did anyone else feel this way, or was it just me? Or did I miss something?
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

They never said "they sent out our location" or anything to that affect it was "maybe they...."

I think it took them 3 weeks to find us by making random jumps out into the void looking for us.
    We know the Destiny was not further away then one gate jump.
    But yes this puzzled me as well and I actually almost posted the same type of post as yours last night...

Comment

Well in the beginning they thought it was just an overload, after all Destiny is very old. Then when they realised that it was the Blues who had sabotaged Destiny they realised that an attack would probably be imminent seeming as one hadn't happened yet. As for it taking the Blues three weeks to actually get to them, well like they said people underestimate how big the gap between Galaxies is.

And it was a very good opportunity for a montage with some nice music saying three weeks later and I rather enjoyed it personally, especially Brody making alcohol, 'bout time they got some booze on that ship!
      sigpic

Comment

Yes that did bother me too.

Also I found it anti-climactic that it was so easy for Eli, Chloe and Scott to return to the ship. It erases all the intensity that was built up over the last 2 episodes. I was expecting something a bit more creative.
        sigpic

Comment

Destiny takes 2 days to the point where FTL drive failure and it started to drifting. The alien ships take 3 weeks using Hyper drive. How fast the drifting speed against the sublight engine speed? I think it shouldn't be far from the last point the crew try to get the supplies.

The alien ship definitely has a long range tracker to scan the area from the last point Destiny appeared on their console in case Rush cut off the gate from transmitting the address to other planetary gates. It puzzled me too.

I guess, James only know she was the one sabotaged the FTL drive after being brained wash by Chole day after day for a 3 weeks. Or is it true, the Blue alien was controlling James through stones communication? Is it Chloe the real spy for the Blue alien for transmitting the Destiny location? Otherwise, how the alien knows the last gate where Chloe, Eli and Scott has stopped before returning to Destiny?

While James may be controlled by the ship through Franklin psychically to improve the FTL efficiency. Probably, it was to much for Franklin's brain power to control other person, resulting his brain disconnected from his body. The procedure shouldn't be harming an ancient compared to a human brain.

Probably, once James reporting to Young about her sabotage conclusion, Chloe sent subspace message to the alien about their location.

Comment

Could James/Chloe/whoever sabotaged the ship, have transmitted their location at the same time they sabotaged the ship, and it simply took the blue aliens longer to reach the Destiny because they can't go as fast? I'm assuming Destiny travels faster between galaxies than it does between stars, or else they'll be years without resources between Galaxies and the show will get boring real quick.

If that's the case, then it's just creative coincidence that they realise the problem about the same time it took the aliens to catch up.

Comment

How long into the three week period did James figure out what happened though? I'm pretty sure it happened later in the 3 week period. It was post montage, which would indicate a significant passage of time. It's not like they had the info for a couple of weeks and just sat on it. And I never got the impression that there wasn't any kind of defense procedure in place. Young started organizing his people as soon as the alien ships appeared.

YOUNG: Lieutenant James left the Comm Room without wiping her imprint off the stone. It got knocked off the table, nobody noticed. We think that, in that opportunity, an alien might have taken advantage, used the stones and sabotaged our F.T.L. drive.

JOHANSEN: She told me she blacked out around the time of the explosion. I thought it was post-concussion syndrome.

RUSH: Well, mystery solved. I don't see how it changes anything.

WALLACE: What part don't you get?

ARMSTRONG: They know we're out here.

RUSH: Yeah, they already did. Without a tracking device, there's no way of them knowing where we've dropped out of F.T.L.

PERRY: He's right. The void is unimaginably huge. They can't know our location.

YOUNG: Unless the alien who took over James' body managed to broadcast it.

RUSH: Like a sub-space message, you mean.

WALLACE: Or the alien figured out our position before the explosion and took it back with them.

PERRY: How would it know how?

WALLACE: They sabotaged the ship! How did they know how to do that?!

RUSH: He's right. That's it, then.

YOUNG: They're coming.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                How long into the three week period did James figure out what happened though?
                I guess my thoughts were more along the line of: how long should it have taken her to figure it out? Three weeks... really? Just seemed like she kind of completely forgot about it, at the very least.

YOUNG: ...We think that, in that opportunity, an alien might have taken advantage, used the stones and sabotaged our F.T.L. drive.

JOHANSEN: She told me she blacked out around the time of the explosion. I thought it was post-concussion syndrome.

RUSH: Well, mystery solved. I don't see how it changes anything.
                YOUNG: Unless the alien who took over James' body managed to broadcast [our location].
                WALLACE: Or the alien figured out our position before the explosion and took it back with them.
                RUSH: He's right. That's it, then.

YOUNG: They're coming.
                It's that last part that bothered me... the complete lack of any "Hey guys, they sabotaged our ship three weeks ago, and I think they would have attacked us by now if they actually knew where we were." Or something. I just don't get the logic behind "they're coming, everyone to your stations!", so many weeks after the actual act of sabotage. And then the alien ships drop out to attack them right on cue. I mean, it's really not a big deal in the long run... I just found it rather odd.
                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747 View Post
                  So, Destiny begins to leave the galaxy. Two days later, a mishap with the communication stones gives the blue aliens brief access to Destiny, sabotaging the hyperdrive engine to prevent Destiny from escaping, and presumably broadcasting/learning the location of the ship.

We know that the aliens are guarding the gate on the planet that Eli/Chloe/Scott left from, and James is having weird dreams/nightmares.

Now THREE WEEKS go by... then, all at once, the crew finally realizes they were sabotaged, starts preparing for the blue aliens to attack, and the enemy ships drop out of FTL right on cue.

...NOBODY said "hey, wait, they haven't attacked us in three weeks, so why should we be now expecting them to attack at any moment? Obviously they don't know where we are, or they would have already attacked us by now." (?)

I'm just slightly baffled at why it took *everybody* (crew and blue aliens alike) exactly three weeks to respond to the events at the beginning of the episode? I mean, events would have flowed naturally *without* the three week break, but *with* it... everything makes a whole lot less sense to me.

Did anyone else feel this way, or was it just me? Or did I miss something?
                  I think it took three weeks for the robot to make the repairs

Comment

The timing of the Smurflings arriving when the ship was fixed was very suspicious indeed.

Comment

Maybe the subspace message took a while to reach the aliens? Also Destiny was not in orbit of that planet when it left the galaxy, just in stargate range. So say the message takes a week to reach the aliens and Destiny was two weeks away from that planet at FTL when the message was sent, then it would take three weeks for the aliens to catch up, assuming their ships are the same speed as Destiny. The only coincidence is that they figured it out just before they showed up.

Perfecto!

Comment

I can take the fact that James may have been taken over by a giant smurf for a few minutes.
                        I can also understand that the explosion may have also caused memory loss.

but one question is, since she probally does have memory loss, what did SHE do while taking control of a smurf?

Thats what I really want to know. It works both way, You take over me, I take over you. She had to have been abord the smurf hut for a while. so, either this was a planned attack by the Smurfs, and the individual who drew the short stick was being detained during the situation, therefor, James had no way of doing anything herself. Or.... the Smurf was an idiot and probally saw a shiny stone and thought. " i could get a few bucks off of this" and picked it up...
                        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction View Post
                          I can take the fact that James may have been taken over by a giant smurf for a few minutes.
                          I can also understand that the explosion may have also caused memory loss.

but one question is, since she probally does have memory loss, what did SHE do while taking control of a smurf?

Thats what I really want to know. It works both way, You take over me, I take over you. She had to have been abord the smurf hut for a while. so, either this was a planned attack by the Smurfs, and the individual who drew the short stick was being detained during the situation, therefor, James had no way of doing anything herself. Or.... the Smurf was an idiot and probally saw a shiny stone and thought. " i could get a few bucks off of this" and picked it up...

She said she was alone in a dark place, sounds like she was locked in a dark room or tied and blindfolded.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            The timing of the Smurflings arriving when the ship was fixed was very suspicious indeed.
                            The ship wasn't fixed, the robot only managed to detach the damaged engine. When the Blue Aliens came they still hadn't finished - that's why Franklin needed to get in the chair to use software overrides that were locked out by the code. I

If the repairs had already been finished they wouldn't have needed to use the chair.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Eye-pod View Post
                              And it was a very good opportunity for a montage with some nice music saying three weeks later and I rather enjoyed it personally, especially Brody making alcohol, 'bout time they got some booze on that ship!
                              I wonder what the booze is made from It would be stupid to use food for it, the long jump between galaxies coming and all so it must be either problems with Young or something the people drinking woud rather not to think. Or just parts of plants that can't be eaten.

Comment

Working...
                              X