• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilets on the Starship Enterprise ?

Has anybody ever seen them ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Everyone has a commode (toilet) in their quarters. You won't see "a big room of toilets" like a public restroom. (I thought it was like that until a friend told me otherwise). Trust me, I don't think the Star Trek producers would ever bother with building a set of a public restroom for the Enterprise crew! Theoretically, there are probably restrooms strategically located throughout the ship if the need should ever arise. (We just never see them, that's all). Otherwise it could be quite a run to get to your quarters to use the commode!

Comment

Well in "Enterprise" and that episode where the Doc is alone on he ship, we see Hoshi's Bathroom, which includes a Sink, Sonic Shower, and suprisingly a Toilet. But I have never seen one on any other Trek series, though I've never been looking really...

Comment

On the Voyager schematics, there's a toilet on deck one!

...must be for every time Neelix decides to make his 'better than coffee' concoction for Kathy!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I doubt Hoshi has a sonic shower. There is only one located on the ship, it was seen in 1x03 'Fight Or Flight', when the crew found a crashed klingon Bird Of Prey. Hoshi, Trip and T'Pol return to the NX-01 after being on that planet and enter the shower. All three of them are sitting there, with the hum of the sonic vibraters in the background. Trip says 'You guys smell that?', Hoshi replies 'I don't smell anything.' Trip then says 'Exactly.'

Also, we've been inside Archer's bathroom before. It was seen in 2x04 'Dead Stop'. The hull plating goes offline, and the entire ship goes into 0 Gs for a moment, and Archer, while showering, begins to float out of the shower, with the water all around him floating. He then lands on his knees and the water hits him from above.

Those are the only two times I've seen a bathroom on Enterprise. I also doubt that each room has a bath-unit. When we went in Lt. Daniels' room a few times, all there was, was a desk, a set of bunk beds, and a pair of closets.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
            Well in "Enterprise" and that episode where the Doc is alone on he ship, we see Hoshi's Bathroom, which includes a Sink, Sonic Shower, and suprisingly a Toilet. But I have never seen one on any other Trek series, though I've never been looking really...
            There have been multiple bathroom shots in TNG. Troi was walking out of her bathroom in one episode, the one where she has a son (2x01: THE CHILD). Dr. Crusher was walking out of her bathroom in the episode: CAUSE AND EFFECT (5x18). She does this multiple times, as the Enterprise is caught in a time loop.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I once read a Classic ST novel, unfortunately can't remember its name, which is told from a young officer's perspective and she feels the urging need to go to a bathroom during battle and is lucky to vanish to the bridge's own restroom.

I think there will be toilets in every quarter and near all the essential places, even the bridge, but nobody seems to be interested in showing them.

A real exception was one of the latest Battlestar Galactica episodes, which had a very long and really amusing scene in an unisex restroom...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

...must be for every time Neelix decides to make his 'better than coffee' concoction for Kathy!
                The Enterprise-D schematics had two bathrooms on Deck 1. One is in Picard's ready room, and is his private commode, and the other is the door near the conference room.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  I doubt Hoshi has a sonic shower. There is only one located on the ship, it was seen in 1x03 'Fight Or Flight', when the crew found a crashed klingon Bird Of Prey. Hoshi, Trip and T'Pol return to the NX-01 after being on that planet and enter the shower. All three of them are sitting there, with the hum of the sonic vibraters in the background. Trip says 'You guys smell that?', Hoshi replies 'I don't smell anything.' Trip then says 'Exactly.'

Also, we've been inside Archer's bathroom before. It was seen in 2x04 'Dead Stop'. The hull plating goes offline, and the entire ship goes into 0 Gs for a moment, and Archer, while showering, begins to float out of the shower, with the water all around him floating. He then lands on his knees and the water hits him from above.

Those are the only two times I've seen a bathroom on Enterprise. I also doubt that each room has a bath-unit. When we went in Lt. Daniels' room a few times, all there was, was a desk, a set of bunk beds, and a pair of closets.
                  First, that was a medical quarantine shower you were talking about; it was not the only shower. Each cabin has a sonic shower, I think, if not a real one.

Second, it was Crewman Daniels; he was not an officer.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                    First, that was a medical quarantine shower you were talking about; it was not the only shower. Each cabin has a sonic shower, I think, if not a real one.

Second, it was Crewman Daniels; he was not an officer.
                    That was a sonic shower.....Phlox even said it was a sonic shower. Also, in the episode of TNG when they find Scotty, he is shown a 'guest room'. He remarks by saying 'Our ambassedor suites were only half this size, and no bathroom', something along those lines.

And I specifically gave an example of the showers, the one Archer uses. Why would he have the only working water based shower?

So how can a show, set like 400 years before the Enterprise D, have a shower in every room? It makes no sense. They don't have the room. Their 'super-computer' takes up 7 decks and almost 14 sections all on it's own.

About Daniels, thank you for correcting me.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

i suspect it was under Janeways chair, its where they flused the Voyager scripts when they finished shooting an episode.

http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        The Enterprise-D schematics had two bathrooms on Deck 1. One is in Picard's ready room, and is his private commode, and the other is the door near the conference room.

-IMF
                        *bad joke warning*^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        Q:What did Data discover in Picard's toilet?
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        A: Captain's Log!
                        Attached Files

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

*shakes head*

that was just bad...
                          http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tim
                            *shakes head*

that was just bad...
                            YOU WERE WARNED...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Remeber the brig scene in Star Trek V (yeah, yeah, I don't want to either.) That thing Kirk sat on? A TOILET!
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X