Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Cloned Body?

Default Re: A Cloned Body?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Density View Post
    I'm a horrible person for seeing a pun here.
    LOL I am too it seems

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    How exactly would she explain that to her civilian doctors, or her friends and family? She just...got better?
    Well, if those SGC guys figured out how to tell all the relatives of those on board of Destiny that they are somehow suddenly in another galaxy far, far away, I'm sure they'd figure that out as well.

Major General

There is a big dif there.
    Those civilian relatives of the crew, were prob already cleared to know what was up. The civ docs of one of the crew's relatives are not.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    There is a big dif there.
    Those civilian relatives of the crew, were prob already cleared to know what was up. The civ docs of one of the crew's relatives are not.
    Yes, well, I believe those relatives can take it just as easily as the other ones did.

Major General

Just cause they could take it does not mean they
    A) have hte clearance to even know
    B) have a need to know and
    C) can be trusted. heck we don't even know if they would sign an NDA>

Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar

Why does Perry get treatment just because she is close to the Stargate programme. I think we could heal her but that doesn't mean we should, what about all the other quadraplegics in the world it would be unfair to them that Perry gets cured just because she works with the SGC. I do admit though they have used healing technology in past on Daniel and others, so it's not above them.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    the sarcophagus isnt designed to repair such things. why would it be? the goa'uld would just get a new host.

tertonin is a replacement for the immune system, there is no evidence it would heal her condition
    Isn't it? Hell, Ra in the movie already states he likes our bodies because we are "so easy to repair" so I doubt that the Sarcophagus can't heal this!

Hell, even if it can't (and neither can the healing-clasp or tretonin (or hell, that fountain of youth drug of Linea - they can after all return the memories of people treated with it...hell, frankly they sadly didn't use it on the show because with that they could turn a lot of veteran soldiers young again and send them into fights (without having to train new soldiers, so they could have had more people without shuffling around a lot of people!))) then why not use a Tok'ra (they would surely accept the idea, especially if they still have problems finding hosts!)?

As for cloning: They have the damned Asgard-Legacy so they would be able to look up how to transfer consciousnesses to new bodies (unless the Asgard left that out so that humanity can't make the same mistake they made - but I find this unlikely! They would want us to know how it is done in case we have say terminally ill people or to combat a plague (mass clone healthy new bodies) etc. etc.)

So yeah, the very fact that she's disabled is kind of virtue signalling to me (it makes no god damn sense in the show, especially since nobody would read a disabled scientist - who can't go offworld etc. - into a top secret programm, not when there are healthy people! Unless of course they can (and will) heal her!)

Hell, the Asgard-Database itself might contain medicine that would fix her (with a matter-generator that can be created, just like Teal'c's Tretonin was in 'Unending')!

ps: And here I thought google didn't find the right stuff (I was just looking for any ideas why they left that scientist paralyzed!)

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    Why does Perry get treatment just because she is close to the Stargate programme. I think we could heal her but that doesn't mean we should, what about all the other quadraplegics in the world it would be unfair to them that Perry gets cured just because she works with the SGC. I do admit though they have used healing technology in past on Daniel and others, so it's not above them.
    Seriously, this old argument?

Firstly: Earth has enemies out there and we need all hands on deck to fight them - especially brilliant scientists who can help us figure things out! - so it is kind of ok that they get to call dibs on healing tech (at least for a while!), especially since it's better for the other people if their protectors are in the best possible condition!

Secondly: You got to start somewhere (I doubt they will keep all those advances! Hell, they would probably already have patented most of it to finance continued stargate operations! Hell, I doubt they could keep the lid on stuff like this fountain of youth thing and tretonin! Come on everybody who knows about this stuff would want to use it on themselves IMHO!), so treat those people close to the programm first (look for side-effects etc.) and then spread the technology to the rest of the people!