Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Cloned Body?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Cloned Body?

I just had a thought, we know in stargate they have dabbled with cloning technology, so do you think it would be possible to create a cloned body of perry but 100% healthy and somehow use the stones to permanently transfer her consciousness into it, kind of like what the Asgard used to do.

Chief Master Sergeant Morganrone93's Avatar

Default Re: A Cloned Body?

I am pretty sure it would be able to heal her with the sarchopag ( spelling ) och the goauld handhealing device.

But that was SG-1 and SG-A.
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Lieutenant Colonel

you would have to have the stone on constantly and if one of them died, they both would. its not a good idea.

Major General

But i can easily see them using a sarcofigus or the healing devices... Or why not use tretonin/a tok-ra symbiont.

the other way is prepare his path to the ascension , i think she already talk with Rush about it
    Watching SGA and SGU

Ft. Myers Beach, Florida/ Hardy Dam, Michigan.

I bet if they go the the planet Pandora she should be able to get a brand new blue alien body..oh sorry! wrong show.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But i can easily see them using a sarcofigus or the healing devices... Or why not use tretonin/a tok-ra symbiont.
    while many alien healing devices heal injury/death etc. being diabled for so long would cause the muscles and other parts to become very damaged. simply putting them in the sarcophagus or implanting them with a tok'ra wouldnt work, such a thing is beyond sarcophagi and tok'ra

I think they should build a hyperdrive into her wheelchair, so she can
    Spoiler:
    join the Lucian Alliance, who are clearly going to find a way aboard the Destiny in the next couple of episodes

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    while many alien healing devices heal injury/death etc. being diabled for so long would cause the muscles and other parts to become very damaged. simply putting them in the sarcophagus or implanting them with a tok'ra wouldnt work, such a thing is beyond sarcophagi and tok'ra
    lol...no the sarcophagus can bring dead people back to life...you think some damaged muscle is beyond its power of healing....people have had holes blown through them that it put back .... come on now

also who needs that we have the healing power of the symbionts in tretonin why not just start giving her regular injections of that...sure she would need it the rest of her life...but it would be a very long life and it doesnt seem to bother t'ealc

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofighter View Post
    lol...no the sarcophagus can bring dead people back to life...you think some damaged muscle is beyond its power of healing....people have had holes blown through them that it put back .... come on now
    the sarcophagus isnt designed to repair such things. why would it be? the goa'uld would just get a new host.

also who needs that we have the healing power of the symbionts in tretonin why not just start giving her regular injections of that...sure she would need it the rest of her life...but it would be a very long life and it doesnt seem to bother t'ealc
    tertonin is a replacement for the immune system, there is no evidence it would heal her condition

Chief Master Sergeant Morganrone93's Avatar

the sarcophagus isnt designed to repair such things. why would it be? the goa'uld would just get a new host.

tertonin is a replacement for the immune system, there is no evidence it would heal her condition
    Tretonin have nearly or identical effect as the Goauld symbiote aswell, so I am pretty sure it would heal her, otherwise just temporary let a Tokra symbiote heal her, then use the tretonin.
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

First Lieutenant

Isn't it? Hell, Ra in the movie already states he likes our bodies because we are "so easy to repair" so I doubt that the Sarcophagus can't heal this!

Hell, even if it can't (and neither can the healing-clasp or tretonin (or hell, that fountain of youth drug of Linea - they can after all return the memories of people treated with it...hell, frankly they sadly didn't use it on the show because with that they could turn a lot of veteran soldiers young again and send them into fights (without having to train new soldiers, so they could have had more people without shuffling around a lot of people!))) then why not use a Tok'ra (they would surely accept the idea, especially if they still have problems finding hosts!)?

As for cloning: They have the damned Asgard-Legacy so they would be able to look up how to transfer consciousnesses to new bodies (unless the Asgard left that out so that humanity can't make the same mistake they made - but I find this unlikely! They would want us to know how it is done in case we have say terminally ill people or to combat a plague (mass clone healthy new bodies) etc. etc.)

So yeah, the very fact that she's disabled is kind of virtue signalling to me (it makes no god damn sense in the show, especially since nobody would read a disabled scientist - who can't go offworld etc. - into a top secret programm, not when there are healthy people! Unless of course they can (and will) heal her!)

Hell, the Asgard-Database itself might contain medicine that would fix her (with a matter-generator that can be created, just like Teal'c's Tretonin was in 'Unending')!

ps: And here I thought google didn't find the right stuff (I was just looking for any ideas why they left that scientist paralyzed!)

Staff Sergeant

they could nanite her ass!

....and then the rest of her.

Smile Re: A Cloned Body?

Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    somehow use the stones to permanently transfer her consciousness
    If there was a possibility to transfer somebody permanently, they would use it to transfer the people from Destiny to Earth and not the other way round.

On Atlantis they made a human replicator in a beam of light, so the possibilities of giving Perry an artifical body are quite high. Or even a conscious transfer.

It's also possible that she may not want to be cured. Many people with disabilities tend to see the disability as an important part of who they are. While many disabled people accept tools to help them function in society one of their key beliefs is that the disability makes them who they are and feel that if they could be turned into an able bodied person they would lose a signifgant part of their identity. Now granted, much of this may also have to do with the fact that we don't quite have the technology to cure spinal cord injuries.

For Perry the trip to Destiny may have been a nice escape, but she may not have wanted to live there forever.

1. tretonin doesnt work like a symbiote, its just a means to build internal immunities. that is all it does, nothing more
    2. A tok'ra (or other symbiote) would not be able to heal such a thing, we have seen how severe lymphoma was difficult for a tok'ra to cure, Selmak had to rest for a few hours before even being moved. They simple canno heal such an affliction
    3. A tok'ra wouldnt even try, it would be suicide. They would prefer healthy hosts...as would goa'uld
    An illness confined Adrian Conrad to a wheelchair and after he was taken as a host was able to walk like an able bodied person.
    Last edited by jsonitsac; May 9th, 2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: details

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by jsonitsac View Post
    It's also possible that she may not want to be cured. Many people with disabilities tend to see the disability as an important part of who they are. While many disabled people accept tools to help them function in society one of their key beliefs is that the disability makes them who they are and feel that if they could be turned into an able bodied person they would lose a signifgant part of their identity. Now granted, much of this may also have to do with the fact that we don't quite have the technology to cure spinal cord injuries.

For Perry the trip to Destiny may have been a nice escape, but she may not have wanted to live there forever.

An illness confined Adrian Conrad to a wheelchair and after he was taken as a host was able to walk like an able bodied person.
    FRAISER: Burchadts Syndrome. It's a condition that affects the immune system leaving the body vulnerable to a host of diseases. And there's no known cure.
    perry was a quadriplegic.

THORAN(TOK'RA): Physical trauma is much more difficult to deal with than disease."
    BAM!

It's also possible that she may not want to be cured. Many people with disabilities tend to see the disability as an important part of who they are.
    I don't know where you get your statistical data from but since I enjoy a good root, and ability to take a shower and clean myself, I would have to be insane to not have my quadraplegic cured.

Quote Originally Posted by pipi View Post
    I don't know where you get your statistical data from but since I enjoy a good root, and ability to take a shower and clean myself, I would have to be insane to not have my quadraplegic cured.
    I'm just talking about some of my experience with people in the disability movement. I personally agree with you if it were myself.

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

...the disability movement...
    I'm a horrible person for seeing a pun here.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time