Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 367
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,852

    Post 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Visit the Episode GuideUNIVERSE SEASON ONE
    SABOTAGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 116

    When problems with the F.T.L. drive threaten to leave Destiny stranded, the crew calls upon an expert from Earth to help -- a quadriplegic woman who temporarily takes over Wray's body.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; May 17th, 2010 at 07:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Chief Master Sergeant Azzers's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dallas Tejas
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Wow, first post? Oddly, I didn't have anything better than this, I thought this thread was still disabled.

  3. #3
    Colonel s09119's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    7,456

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    One of the best episodes of the season thus far. This show just gets better and better...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

  4. #4
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,850

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Cool episode, even though I read all or most of the spoilers I was a little surprised...

    Rush and Mandy didn't get it on...
    Blue alien battle wasn't very epic...
    Franklin was back...
    Bromance was back in full...
    Quite a bit of time went by...
    Robot was awesome...
    Franklin disappears...
    Aliens did NOT dial into Destiny...
    Young again seemed more likable for the 3rd week in a row...

    Fairly exciting episode...watching it again right now...
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  5. #5
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Crazy ep with crazy repair bot then crazy Franklin

  6. #6
    Mary Read major davis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.
    Posts
    4,448

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Meh. 6.5 out of 10.

  7. #7
    First Lieutenant Daro's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    612

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Awesome, it's open!

    I adore this episode. Unlike "Life," it managed to balance character growth with the overall plot, keeping us both interested in what was happening to the characters on an emotional level and in a state of suspense as far as the rest of the story. Very nicely done.

    I was struck by how wonderful Rush was in this episode. I was afraid he and Perry were going to sleep together, and I would have considered that a very bad thing, considering Wray and all. But he, not she, was the one who raised first a moral and then an emotional reason not to. However, I'm worried he'll still get accused of it, considering how surprisingly and openly affectionate he was to her. That and TJ rudely barging into the room mid-hug, of course.

    I was reminded, in the scene where Rush is trying to talk to Franklin, of the pilot when we saw Rush talking to Chloe after Sen. Armstrong died. I think the show's writers intentionally gave us small glimpses of Rush at his best in the beginning, and then went on to show him at his absolute worst. Now he's starting to redeem himself a little bit, and he's certainly much more likeable in this episode than any other, I think. I also loved that he tried so hard to keep Young from sitting in the chair. I was surprised by it, somewhat. Rush's conscience is far stronger now, and even if he was once nearly murdered by Young, he seems to have completely rejected notions of revenge.

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel xxxevilgrinxxx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Sabotage:

    Young: there's a lost feeling to him but because he doesn't talk about it, it comes out in subtle moments. Like not shaving. It's a small thing but for such a military guy, that's a big deal. He seems slumped and smaller somehow, without the ones that he's lost. There's so much that he clearly needs to say but he's reserved and holds everything in. The letters that he's clearly written to TJ and Matthew should prove interesting.

    Young and Rush:
    They're working together, “for the greater good”. Rush seemed unnerved/uneasy/surprised that Young would sit in the chair if it would save them. Rush keeping Young from sitting in the chair was a nice touch.

    Young and TJ: Awkward, but that's to be expected. I've been there with that discomfort and can see it from both sides. I understand the need for Young to keep TJ close, keep her safe. That's hard wired into most guys and given their situation, I completely understand where Young is coming from. I also get TJ's position, where you have this guy that pees in a circle around you and won't let you do a thing. It can be maddening even when you get it. There aren't many moments between the two and I have the feeling that Young's got some very heavy thoughts. When he's talking to her though, he's always holding back on a smile, I have noticed that.

    Scott/Eli/Chloe: I knew they would get back but it happened so fast that I kept expecting there to be more. When there wasn't more, my brain went looking for it. The comment when they gated in, about those on Destiny finding a way to let them gate back. There are lots of ways that could have been worded, so I find it interesting that it was worded that way, just after the act of sabotage. Were they sabotaged precisely to bring the three back? Poor Eli, feeling like a third wheel, that's awkward. I found his conversation with Amanda about Rush to be interesting as I didn't think he thought to little (openly) about Rush. He doesn't see Rush as likable, I suppose. Eli seems quite reserved in this episode, although he does seem to be fed up with the whole “Math Boy” thing. Scott and Greer hug---wheeeee! That was a really feel-good moment for me. I didn't want my favorite bromance to suffer, so I'm glad that happened.

    Greer: Greer is simply full of awesome in so many ways. Whether it's shaving his head (I have a soft spot for Riddick, so the whole head shaving thing before trouble strikes just works for me), helping injured people get to the infirmary, asking TJ if she's okay, or taking charge when the attack happens, he's just solid in every way.

    Rush/Amanda: Rush has changed since Human. He's less distant from the other members of the crew and there's less of an air of superiority in the things that he does. He seems more willing to listen to others and also more willing to 'share' Destiny, as in, not keeping what he knows to himself. A love interest based on intelligence alone is beautiful, and I loved that they both thought the other was interested in the other out of pity; it's humanizing to Rush that he sees himself that way. The kiss, the affection, was touching, as was his inability to go farther, although it's terribly unfortunate for Amanda. I wonder if Rush will do as he stated and find a way to bring her aboard again.

    Wray and Franklin/James: There's an obvious parallel between Wray, being locked in a body and Franklin, being possibly fully aware and locked in a body that doesn't work. That Wray did it for so long? Handled very well. I really get that panic that Wray felt when her girlfriend was away for a longer time than expected, given the need she was in. I'm also glad that Wray (hopefully) didn't talk. If she did, I'm sure it would have been shown. I also like that just as Wray is being cared for, James took on the same duty for Franklin, being there for him for every moment. The sabotage itself was very curious. We find that it was the blues but the how of it was neatly done, where the use of James and or Franklin did it. Franklin sitting in the chair, by choice this time, a choice reaffirmed by Rush (something Rush really needed to do clearly this time!) and Young, and then disappearing from a locked room? That's a wonderful mystery and a half! The issues with James aren't at an end, I don't think, and neither are the issues with Franklin, who I believe may still be in the ship somehow.

    The Robot!: How cool is that?! I had figured it was some sort of a maintenance thing but it's very cool that it's working now.

    Okay, I've blathered on enough for one post...more later as I consider....

    ps.. I loved the Wray kiss. I'm sure that will really make some people lose their minds and we'll hear no end of "won't someone think of the children!??!!!eleventy1!"
    Last edited by xxxevilgrinxxx; May 7th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.



    SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

  9. #9
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Jelgate's Two Cents

    I remember this episode being discussed months ago when the casting call for Amanda (then Eleanor) Perry came out. It made the notion of a crippled person seem very demeaning. And fandom doing what fandom does criticized and overreacted to the casting Perry call. But I kind of knew they were wrong. And for the most part I think I was right. The episode is not without its faults and it’s defiantly not the highlight in SGU (in fact its one of my least liked) but it was defiantly better then the negative hype that was spreading almost a year ago. You know where to go.

    The teaser felt out of place except for the part where Rush told Young they would not cross the void between galaxies. I actually liked that scene. I ‘m talking about Young’s shaving scene and the subsequent speech in the gate room. That seemed completely pointless. I mean seriously we know Scott and company are left behind, do we really need a scene showing the explanation of them being left behind and the journey into another galaxy.

    I object to Amanda Perry being the greatest expert on hyperdrives. Surely that title would belong to Carter from SG1. But given the logistics and budget it would take to get Amanda Tapping on Universe I’ll let it slide. Overall I liked her introduction and the difficulties it took for James and Wray to occupy a quadriplegics body. It shows some insight into the obstacles these kinds of people with those difficulties have. And I think especially Ming Na played a crippled woman quite. I may have thought those Earth scenes with Wray and Sharon were unnecessary and pointless but that does not escape the fact that Ming Na was very convincing as person with that kind of disability.

    As for the FTL drive blowing up my first thought they were the S1 finale adversaries that I learned about from reading spoilers. Don’t worry I’ll leave those names silent for those of you who don’t like spoilers. And this is the wonderful about SGU. Unlike the other shows even with spoilers you as a viewer do not know what is happening. That is what makes SGU so interesting to watch. There is a high degree of unpredictability in it. Speaking of unpredictability I am wondering why the blowing up of the FTL drive caused Franklin to wake up like that. It’s a curious which I don’t think will ever be answered given what happened in the end of Sabotage but I’ll get to that later.

    Moving on to the return to Scott, Eli, and Chloe. Since Destiny was still relatively close to the galaxy in the logical sense it was made obvious that they three of them would be able to dial Destiny and return. But from a story point of view it was mundane and easy. After all that struggling in Lost to return to Destiny it was just too easy for them to give up and magically show up. Like I said it made sense and all but I found it little too easy to accomplish.

    Let’s try to put all this Amanda Perry development in one big paragraph since it really wasn’t the point of the episode. But it’s still an important aspect of the show. At the heart she is not a jerk but the sadness of her limitations did cloud Amanda like the moment she snapped at Amanda. Which given her situation on Earth is understandable. When you’re confined to a chair and need someone to do things uncripled people like me do every day its understandable you would want to experience those freedoms. And that is more then anything what Amanda Perry was about. A good person who does want to help the Destiny make it home but also wants to experience the life of what it is to be normal in the mobile sense. I think the scene with the crying Rush is proof of that. The way she was kind and sincere to Rush as he talked about the reliving of Gloria’s death. It showed that despite wanting to sleep with Rush (ewwwww) she was kind enough to see and help with his pain.

    As the team went to check on “Eli’s Planet” as an evacuation site the aliens firing back at the gate was so predictable. I’ve watched enough Stargate to know when a character says for sure that everything is fine then you know well that everything is not fine so I kind of figured that the second Eli sent that KINO through the event horizon of the wormhole that something was going to be wrong. Now I did not think it was going to be the blue aliens but I had a feeling that something was going to be wrong. On tangent is the scene with Young and TJ arguing about her going off world. I kind of liked how this episode flowed. It shows us that despite this child how much tension and conflict there is between the two characters and more importantly how much they don’t see eye to eye because of TJ’s pregnancy. Speaking of pregnancy you could see Alaina Huffman showing in this episode

    Before we talk about the actual battle with the aliens we have to talk about the prelude to battle in what I mean the crazy dreams James was having. From what we know about the blue aliens it makes sense technologically but it was not something. We have seen from past episodes that James is stressed out both mentally and emotionally. So I thought that is what the dreams meant in that is was James’ subconscious trying to let it all out if you will. I never saw the aliens using the communication stones and her to sabotage the FTL. It was a cool twist if you will.

    I have a love-hate feeling with the resolution of the blue aliens attacking Destiny. First let’s deal with the hate. I found it so predictable that Franklin would be sitting in the chair again. It was kind of obvious that when he could comprehend the Destiny crew at the beginning of the episode that he was going to be meeting the chair once again. So when Rush said this could be solved faster if someone sat in the chair I knew it was going to be Franklin. Now for the love part of this episode. I find the mystery of Franklin disappearing into thin air after the chair mysterious. I like that as it makes me wonder if we will ever find out why and how that happened. What about using the chair made Franklin disappear? I guess we’ll find out later
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  10. #10
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    10/10

  11. #11
    Colonel s09119's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    7,456

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Jelgate's Two Cents

    I remember this episode being discussed months ago when the casting call for Amanda (then Eleanor) Perry came out. It made the notion of a crippled person seem very demeaning. And fandom doing what fandom does criticized and overreacted to the casting Perry call. But I kind of knew they were wrong. And for the most part I think I was right. The episode is not without its faults and it’s defiantly not the highlight in SGU (in fact its one of my least liked) but it was defiantly better then the negative hype that was spreading almost a year ago. You know where to go.

    The teaser felt out of place except for the part where Rush told Young they would not cross the void between galaxies. I actually liked that scene. I ‘m talking about Young’s shaving scene and the subsequent speech in the gate room. That seemed completely pointless. I mean seriously we know Scott and company are left behind, do we really need a scene showing the explanation of them being left behind and the journey into another galaxy.

    I object to Amanda Perry being the greatest expert on hyperdrives. Surely that title would belong to Carter from SG1. But given the logistics and budget it would take to get Amanda Tapping on Universe I’ll let it slide. Overall I liked her introduction and the difficulties it took for James and Wray to occupy a quadriplegics body. It shows some insight into the obstacles these kinds of people with those difficulties have. And I think especially Ming Na played a crippled woman quite. I may have thought those Earth scenes with Wray and Sharon were unnecessary and pointless but that does not escape the fact that Ming Na was very convincing as person with that kind of disability.

    As for the FTL drive blowing up my first thought they were the S1 finale adversaries that I learned about from reading spoilers. Don’t worry I’ll leave those names silent for those of you who don’t like spoilers. And this is the wonderful about SGU. Unlike the other shows even with spoilers you as a viewer do not know what is happening. That is what makes SGU so interesting to watch. There is a high degree of unpredictability in it. Speaking of unpredictability I am wondering why the blowing up of the FTL drive caused Franklin to wake up like that. It’s a curious which I don’t think will ever be answered given what happened in the end of Sabotage but I’ll get to that later.

    Moving on to the return to Scott, Eli, and Chloe. Since Destiny was still relatively close to the galaxy in the logical sense it was made obvious that they three of them would be able to dial Destiny and return. But from a story point of view it was mundane and easy. After all that struggling in Lost to return to Destiny it was just too easy for them to give up and magically show up. Like I said it made sense and all but I found it little too easy to accomplish.

    Let’s try to put all this Amanda Perry development in one big paragraph since it really wasn’t the point of the episode. But it’s still an important aspect of the show. At the heart she is not a jerk but the sadness of her limitations did cloud Amanda like the moment she snapped at Amanda. Which given her situation on Earth is understandable. When you’re confined to a chair and need someone to do things uncripled people like me do every day its understandable you would want to experience those freedoms. And that is more then anything what Amanda Perry was about. A good person who does want to help the Destiny make it home but also wants to experience the life of what it is to be normal in the mobile sense. I think the scene with the crying Rush is proof of that. The way she was kind and sincere to Rush as he talked about the reliving of Gloria’s death. It showed that despite wanting to sleep with Rush (ewwwww) she was kind enough to see and help with his pain.

    As the team went to check on “Eli’s Planet” as an evacuation site the aliens firing back at the gate was so predictable. I’ve watched enough Stargate to know when a character says for sure that everything is fine then you know well that everything is not fine so I kind of figured that the second Eli sent that KINO through the event horizon of the wormhole that something was going to be wrong. Now I did not think it was going to be the blue aliens but I had a feeling that something was going to be wrong. On tangent is the scene with Young and TJ arguing about her going off world. I kind of liked how this episode flowed. It shows us that despite this child how much tension and conflict there is between the two characters and more importantly how much they don’t see eye to eye because of TJ’s pregnancy. Speaking of pregnancy you could see Alaina Huffman showing in this episode

    Before we talk about the actual battle with the aliens we have to talk about the prelude to battle in what I mean the crazy dreams James was having. From what we know about the blue aliens it makes sense technologically but it was not something. We have seen from past episodes that James is stressed out both mentally and emotionally. So I thought that is what the dreams meant in that is was James’ subconscious trying to let it all out if you will. I never saw the aliens using the communication stones and her to sabotage the FTL. It was a cool twist if you will.

    I have a love-hate feeling with the resolution of the blue aliens attacking Destiny. First let’s deal with the hate. I found it so predictable that Franklin would be sitting in the chair again. It was kind of obvious that when he could comprehend the Destiny crew at the beginning of the episode that he was going to be meeting the chair once again. So when Rush said this could be solved faster if someone sat in the chair I knew it was going to be Franklin. Now for the love part of this episode. I find the mystery of Franklin disappearing into thin air after the chair mysterious. I like that as it makes me wonder if we will ever find out why and how that happened. What about using the chair made Franklin disappear? I guess we’ll find out later
    In all honesty, why is Carter the expert on hyperdrives? We were never told that she was instrumental in our own hyperspace experiments, only that she knows a bit about modifying drives. Why would she be the best when we undoubtedly have people who spend their careers working in that one area now? Such as Perry.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

  12. #12
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    OMG This episode was so offensive!! Remember those spoilers that totally did actually happen in this episode? Perry wanting to sleep with Eli, Rush and Perry doing it, Perry going on and on about how she's never made lurve - they all happened!!

    Right?

    RIGHT?!?!

    Yeah, right.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Ok where to begin...

    The episode certainly was more plot than character, but those character moments were excellent. I think the writers did a great job with the interaction of Rush and Amanda. You really feel something in the end when she has to go back to her paralyzed body. She always had a thing for Rush and as did Rush so you can see the pain in both of their eyes. This is the kinda drama that truly raises the bar for the show. I also enjoyed Eli's conversation with Amanda. We are seeing that Rush is not a hearless SOB and truly is "Human".

    The plot at hand was very exciting. You had the lost team return and become reunited, you had some cool use of technology, you had aliens closing in on The Destiny again, and the ship needing more power to be able to make it to the next galaxy. The whole Franklin thing was also very well done. I believe he ascended or is part of the ship now.

    So this episode did have some slow parts, but it was not a painful bore like "Life". You had a strong plot with good character moments that did not drag into nothing. The Sharon and Camille scenes were decent enough to watch through and Wray being in Amanda's body did not have the drama effect I thought it would. I thought Amanda being in Wray's body was more dramatic and interesting, and truly sad at the end. Since her dream will be over and she will be paralyzed again.

    One last thing I thought was powerful was the scene in the chair room. Rush, grabbing Young's arm before sitting in the chair. He could of let him sit, and maybe it was a better chance to have Franklin sit in the chair. But he seemed to have that look of "Don't give up your life, we need you" kinda look. I may need to rewatch to see it.

    Spoiler:
    Any disspointments? I wanted to see the Smurfs enter the gate. I know there were previews in the MGM trailer but hate to say, I think it will be a hallucination by Chloe or Rush in the next episode. So oh well.


    So final grade for the ep was an A or 9/10.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  14. #14
    First Lieutenant Kaiphantom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Airlocking sociopathic gates
    Posts
    879

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    I liked this episode. Wrapped some things up nicely, and introduced a new mystery with what happened to Franklin. It'll also be interesting to see how long they stay with the ship in the void, or whether they cut back to the ship when it's in the new Galaxy.

    Young - Liked him getting along with Rush, and volunteering to sit in the chair. Also props for giving Franklin the choice instead of being bullheaded. His character growth is nice, and I'm starting to like him again.

    Rush - Interesting to get past more of the exterior shell and see the human beneath. Would be nice to see him grow to care more for Amanda, and get together with her near the end; also, I hope to see all these experiences turn him more human, and less of a cold logical manipulator of humans. Which, like Young, it's nice to see him grow out of, and work with everyone, particularly Volker and Brody.

    Wray - Woman has guts, volunteering to be stuck in that kind of a body. Thought her scenes were touching. My opinion of her has risen considerably since the show began. She's come a long way since Air and Darkness.

    Eli, Scott, Chloe - I found their return a bit surprising, but it did make sense, so I'll let it pass. "Third wheel" comment makes me think Chloe and Scott are getting back together, which is a shame. I really don't want to see this become Stargate 90210. I liked Eli giving the glasses to Rush; that was touching somehow. Nothing much else I can say about Scott, but Chloe's contribution was interesting; talking to James and figuring out she was probably body swapped and sabotaged the ship. As I've said before, this alien knowledge connection for Chloe could be interesting, but it all depends on how long the smurfs stay around.

    Volker and Brody - I'm kinda liking these guys, but I dunno... with Franklin, it's like they are the three white man stooges, and it sometimes hard to tell them apart. With Franklin gone, it'll be easier, but still; I'd like to see more variety, like more Dr. Park. Part of me would like to see Volker or Brody perish somehow, like Franklin, but then again it is nice to see an actual engineering team, instead of one person (Carter or McKay) doing everything.

    James - I liked her "connection" with Franklin. It seemed she had been spending some time looking over him; wonder if she's started falling for him or something?

    Questions remain: How will the aliens track the ship again? Will they track it at all? They have to know that the aliens can use the stones to take over someone, so the crew will have to be real careful about using them now. If the aliens are gone, I think the mental hallucinations in Pain will handle the smurfs coming through the gate. It says Rush sees aliens everywhere, so it's probably his hallucination, and they don't actually come through.

    And of course, the obvious about Franklin.

  15. #15
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    In all honesty, why is Carter the expert on hyperdrives? We were never told that she was instrumental in our own hyperspace experiments, only that she knows a bit about modifying drives. Why would she be the best when we undoubtedly have people who spend their careers working in that one area now? Such as Perry.
    What about Mckay and Zelenka. They found out about Wormhole drive.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  16. #16
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    In all honesty, why is Carter the expert on hyperdrives? We were never told that she was instrumental in our own hyperspace experiments, only that she knows a bit about modifying drives. Why would she be the best when we undoubtedly have people who spend their careers working in that one area now? Such as Perry.
    Well it was kind of given when she designed and built the first few hyperdrives for the 303s/304s
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  17. #17
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    This episode would have been an easy way to get either McKay or Carter on to help fix this problem

  18. #18
    Staff Sergeant Rhoswen's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    OMG This episode was so offensive!! Remember those spoilers that totally did actually happen in this episode? Perry wanting to sleep with Eli, Rush and Perry doing it, Perry going on and on about how she's never made lurve - they all happened!!

    Right?

    RIGHT?!?!

    Yeah, right.
    Well, there were definitely rewrites done for Perry in this episode. Besides the name change (Eleanor was changed to Amanda), the scene in which Perry flirts with Eli was substituted with a scene in which Perry admits to Eli that she has feelings for Rush. Most of the rest of the Perry scenes that were in the casting sides happened pretty much the same way in the actual episode. Except that the scene with Rush in Perry's room was changed. In the original casting sides, Perry removed her shirt after they kissed and then they continued kissing. The casting sides didn't actually say that they had sex, so anyone who posted that they had sex were filling in what they thought would happen based on the way the scene left off in the casting sides. Also, I don't think that Perry and Rush had any sort of previous feelings for one another in the original casting sides (hence her also flirting with and basically propositioning Eli in the sides). The original Perry from the casting sides was much more about drinking/kissing/having sex (things she'd never done before), so that part of the character was toned down and a previous mutual attraction between her and Rush was included in the episode instead of Perry acting like a "girl gone wild." I much prefer the Perry from the episode to the Perry from the casting sides.
    Last edited by Rhoswen; May 7th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

  19. #19
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    I think it is clear that franklin ascended. Which most likely means that ship wasn't designed to be without a crew. The ancients must have ascended and left it behind.

    The question is did ancients help him, is the knowledge needed for ascension in the ship, or did the ancients figure out a away for technology to aid ascension. The cold temp could have something to do with it.

  20. #20
    Colonel s09119's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    7,456

    Default Re: 'Sabotage' (116) General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Well it was kind of given when she designed and built the first few hyperdrives for the 303s/304s
    Where was this ever stated?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6648
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2019, 12:04 AM
  2. 'Lifeline' (402) General Discussion
    By GateWorld in forum Lifeline
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: March 30th, 2016, 10:39 PM
  3. 'The Last Man' (420) General Discussion
    By GateWorld in forum The Last Man
    Replies: 660
    Last Post: August 21st, 2014, 11:56 AM
  4. Replies: 299
    Last Post: May 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM
  5. General Discussion
    By P38LOVER in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 13th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •