A Cloned Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cloned Body?

I just had a thought, we know in stargate they have dabbled with cloning technology, so do you think it would be possible to create a cloned body of perry but 100% healthy and somehow use the stones to permanently transfer her consciousness into it, kind of like what the Asgard used to do.

I am pretty sure it would be able to heal her with the sarchopag ( spelling ) och the goauld handhealing device.

But that was SG-1 and SG-A.
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

you would have to have the stone on constantly and if one of them died, they both would. its not a good idea.

Comment

But i can easily see them using a sarcofigus or the healing devices... Or why not use tretonin/a tok-ra symbiont.

Comment

the other way is prepare his path to the ascension , i think she already talk with Rush about it
          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

I bet if they go the the planet Pandora she should be able to get a brand new blue alien body..oh sorry! wrong show.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But i can easily see them using a sarcofigus or the healing devices... Or why not use tretonin/a tok-ra symbiont.
              while many alien healing devices heal injury/death etc. being diabled for so long would cause the muscles and other parts to become very damaged. simply putting them in the sarcophagus or implanting them with a tok'ra wouldnt work, such a thing is beyond sarcophagi and tok'ra

Comment

I think they should build a hyperdrive into her wheelchair, so she can
                Spoiler:
                join the Lucian Alliance, who are clearly going to find a way aboard the Destiny in the next couple of episodes

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  while many alien healing devices heal injury/death etc. being diabled for so long would cause the muscles and other parts to become very damaged. simply putting them in the sarcophagus or implanting them with a tok'ra wouldnt work, such a thing is beyond sarcophagi and tok'ra
                  lol...no the sarcophagus can bring dead people back to life...you think some damaged muscle is beyond its power of healing....people have had holes blown through them that it put back .... come on now

also who needs that we have the healing power of the symbionts in tretonin why not just start giving her regular injections of that...sure she would need it the rest of her life...but it would be a very long life and it doesnt seem to bother t'ealc

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                    lol...no the sarcophagus can bring dead people back to life...you think some damaged muscle is beyond its power of healing....people have had holes blown through them that it put back .... come on now
                    the sarcophagus isnt designed to repair such things. why would it be? the goa'uld would just get a new host.

also who needs that we have the healing power of the symbionts in tretonin why not just start giving her regular injections of that...sure she would need it the rest of her life...but it would be a very long life and it doesnt seem to bother t'ealc
                    tertonin is a replacement for the immune system, there is no evidence it would heal her condition

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      the sarcophagus isnt designed to repair such things. why would it be? the goa'uld would just get a new host.

tertonin is a replacement for the immune system, there is no evidence it would heal her condition
                      Tretonin have nearly or identical effect as the Goauld symbiote aswell, so I am pretty sure it would heal her, otherwise just temporary let a Tokra symbiote heal her, then use the tretonin.
                      When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

they could nanite her ass!

....and then the rest of her.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          somehow use the stones to permanently transfer her consciousness
                          If there was a possibility to transfer somebody permanently, they would use it to transfer the people from Destiny to Earth and not the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
                            Tretonin have nearly or identical effect as the Goauld symbiote aswell, so I am pretty sure it would heal her, otherwise just temporary let a Tokra symbiote heal her, then use the tretonin.
                            1. tretonin doesnt work like a symbiote, its just a means to build internal immunities. that is all it does, nothing more
                            2. A tok'ra (or other symbiote) would not be able to heal such a thing, we have seen how severe lymphoma was difficult for a tok'ra to cure, Selmak had to rest for a few hours before even being moved. They simple canno heal such an affliction
                            3. A tok'ra wouldnt even try, it would be suicide. They would prefer healthy hosts...as would goa'uld

Comment

On Atlantis they made a human replicator in a beam of light, so the possibilities of giving Perry an artifical body are quite high. Or even a conscious transfer.

Comment

Working...
                              X