Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The episode reminded me a bit of the movie Avatar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    What controversial topic have you raised? I don't mind that you don't like the movie Avatar if that is what you mean. I was simply pointing out that there are a lot of words you could have used to show your dislike that wouldn't cause offence to a large number of people. I was also pointing out that if you were to use that language in public, then you would likely get yourself in a bit of trouble.

And no, the freedom of speech thing doesn't cut it in this one. You can't use that card just so you can go open slather on whoever you like. Think of it this way, you may use that term under the anonymity of the internet, but would you use it in a university paper where your real name is attached and in which your peers and potential employers would be able to access? If you answer yes then you are in more trouble than I thought.
    i was discussing semantics, not attacking people.

i am no longer going to reply to this thread, but will report it if i see myself being slandered again

Comment

@ escyos:

1. First of all as others have correctly pointed out you have not raised any controversial topics whatsoever.

2. You can go and complain to the president of the United States for all we care and I would highly recommend not ever post anywhere on the internet again until you grow a hide. Those that have glass roofs should never throw stones.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        i was discussing semantics, not attacking people.

i am no longer going to reply to this thread, but will report it if i see myself being slandered again
        Kind of sounds like running to the teacher after you started a fight you can't win.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          its forum rules, freedom of speech does not apply in such a situation
          But implying that gay= bad is perfectly acceptable? I think most homosexual people would be a little offended.

Comment

Maybe thats why I disliked parts of this episode, it was like Avatar. Ewwww....

Comment

I don't see the comparison, its like saying Quantum Leap is like Avatar. Body Swapping aside, main differences between SGU and Avatar fall under one category; aliens. Avatar has loads of them while SGU is lacking aliens considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAsgard View Post
                its like saying Quantum Leap is like Avatar.
                Oh boy...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Maybe thats why I disliked parts of this episode, it was like Avatar. Ewwww....
                  May I ask what you did not like about Avatar if even saw it that is?

Originally posted by DarkAsgard View Post
                  I don't see the comparison, its like saying Quantum Leap is like Avatar. Body Swapping aside, main differences between SGU and Avatar fall under one category; aliens. Avatar has loads of them while SGU is lacking aliens considerably.

Good grief! The only reason I made the comparison is because like in that movie you have somebody who is a crippled inhabiting a fully able body for a while at least. Jake got it better because he ended in a fully able body alien or not is besides the point.
                  The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    How about you get over yourself, because you have not even seen it and you are saying that something you have not seen stinks when over 99.99 % of the people worldwide say the contrary, that should be a hint that you are most likely wrong about your assessment, that in combination that you have not even seen it to make such a judgment call.
                    Ohhhhhhhhhh, someone likes his avatar! It's like a kid - "it'sssssssssssssssss not gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy rararararara wah wah wah"

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorSnape View Post
                      Ohhhhhhhhhh, someone likes his avatar! It's like a kid - "it'sssssssssssssssss not gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy rararararara wah wah wah"
                      Gay is a word I would not use for this instance and that's for starters. Second of all the guy had not even seen the movie, so his argument that it sucks when he cannot possibly make such a judgment is a crock to begin with, need I go on?

Comment

Can we discuss the relative merits of the movie "Avatar" and its resemblance or lack thereof to the episode "Sabotage" without resorting to bigoted comments? Seriously, I'm pretty sure that's against the rules, and you can make your point ever so well without needing to do so.
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Also I think we use a term other than 'crippled' it sounds so old fashioned and is just not a good word to discribe a parapleigic or a wheelchair user.

Comment

Working...
                          X